Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aussie-play.com
XP
Country
NINTENDO NEWS: NEW NINTENDO DS COLOR COMES BUNDLED WITH BRAIN AGE 2
Aug. 7, 2007

Nintendo has found a way for people to exercise both their fashion sense and their minds at the same time. The first new color scheme to hit the hot-selling Nintendo DS™ system in the United States in nearly a year will come bundled with Brain Age™ 2: More Training in Minutes a Day, all at an MSRP of $149.99. The bundle hits stores Aug. 21.

The top half of the new Nintendo DS sports a smooth, glossy Crimson, reminiscent of a dangerous shade of lipstick or a cherry-red sports car. The bottom is a matte black – an Onyx yin that complements the Crimson yang.

Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day is the sequel to the smash-hit original that got baby boomers and seniors playing and redefined the concept of what video games could be. This new title includes 15 fun new activities designed to help users exercise their brains. It challenges players in areas like math, memorization and even music.

The original Brain Age: Train Your Brain In Minutes A Day has sold 8.61 million worldwide, including more than 1.4 million in the United States alone, while its sequel has already posted sales of 5.33 million in Japan. For more information about Brain Age 2,

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This has been known since E3 ._.

EDIT:

Nintendo Press Kit 2007 --> DS Lite Specifications PDF --> Colors Available: Crimson/Onyx

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
pa.101274.1.jpg

pa.101274.2.jpg

Available at Play-Asia

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good God that thing looks atrocious. Why do Nintendo feel the urge to take 2 halves of different coloured DS's and slap them together. It looks tacky IMO, espcially when the hinge is the wrong colour from the top half.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like a navy blue one in the UK, black and red looks horrible, I posted this a while ago on the user submitted news...

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
OMFG. That dual coloured one is exactly the colours I said I wanted on another forum months ago.

Not exactly how I would've designed it though. I wanted one like a Japanese lacquer bowl (used for serving miso soup). My idea was to have black on the outside, and that deep red on the inside when you open it up. I also wanted some detail on the corner - some kind of traditional design like flowers, reeds or a bird in one of the corners of the outside.

I'm down for the old people/ sophisticated designs. I wouldn't mind stuff like crocodile or snake skin, polished wood (real wood would be sweet) or cracked earth.

Also wouldn't mind some more fun stuff. The colour and finish of the pink DS is so lame. If it was the same as the pink PS2 I'd get one. Or maybe one covered in cherry blossoms or red maple leaves. Lime green or yellow would be good. Or maybe one made Adidas style with pastel colours (blue, green, purple, yellow) for each different button and part.

Nintendo should be pushing out different series of DS designs every 6 months. They could put out like 5 vibrant colours, or 5 classic designs. Could even get 5 famous designers to design one each. Nintendo is so boring!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also wouldn't mind some more fun stuff. The colour and finish of the pink DS is so lame. If it was the same as the pink PS2 I'd get one. Or maybe one covered in cherry blossoms or red maple leaves. Lime green or yellow would be good. Or maybe one made Adidas style with pastel colours (blue, green, purple, yellow) for each different button and part.

Nintendo should be pushing out different series of DS designs every 6 months. They could put out like 5 vibrant colours, or 5 classic designs. Could even get 5 famous designers to design one each. Nintendo is so boring!

Agreed!
And for the maple leaves, I believe there is going to be a Maple Story DS limited edition thingy. Maple Story = Maple Leaves!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ