New Inside Xbox episode teases “exciting news” for Halo: Master Chief Collection

6AF04C34-675B-4F67-A0F0-C02B2A682CDA.jpeg

Ever since the launch of Xbox’s Play Anywhere initiative, fans have been fervently requesting for Halo: The Master Chief Collection to be made available on PC. Though rumors have teased a PC port being in the works for years, the remaster remains an Xbox One console exclusive. That may soon change, however, according to Brad Sams, an insider who has correctly leaked information about Microsoft projects in the past. Sams originally claimed that The Master Chief Collection would be heading to PC, and would be a reveal set to take place prior to or during Xbox’s E3 conference. Though that alone wouldn’t carry much weight, Microsoft itself seemed to add fuel to the fire, teasing that their next episode of Inside Xbox would be announcing “some exciting news” for Halo: MCC.

If you’re interested, you can watch the episode when it airs live on March 12 at 2 pm PT. The hour-long stream will also showcase new Xbox Game Pass titles, and new gameplay for DayZ and One Piece: World Seeker.

:arrow: Inside Xbox
:arrow: Source

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I still see the likelihood as low for the simple fact that this is Halo. Possibly the only other IP they've protected this carefully is Gears of War, and those games are still exclusive to the Windows app store after all these years. On the contrary, there is one Halo game on Steam already, and it was released only a couple years ago. So MCC wouldn't be the first in a chain of releases on Steam.
MCC... on Steam... with working Multiplayer without Games for Windows Live... with mod support (unofficial or not)... one can only dream.

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted User

I sold my Xbox One in 2017 and I miss Halo Co-op. Hope the rumors are true and I hope Reach also gets added.

D

Deleted User

I just wanted to buy me the MCC last week now i am so happy that i have waited.

D

Deleted-401606

Halo Reach remastered and added to MCC instead of the 360 BC version please.
Bill and Melinda Gates started a charity foundation and donated around $3,000,000,000 (that's three billion dollars) to rid India of Polio, the country hasn't seen a case of Polio since. What have you done for your fellow man? Bill Gates is known as one of the most charitable people in Silicon Valley, any kind of praise he gets is well-deserved.
It's not out of the kindness of his heart,don't be so naive.It's called buying publicity and working on his public persona.No rich person does anything for free lol.I am not sure if posting links is allowed but I can link Bill's agenda if you would like. It's a lot more complex than it seems.

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not out of the kindness of his heart,don't be so naive.It's called buying publicity and working on his public persona.No rich person does anything for free lol.
I'm as anti-oligarch as the next guy, but suggesting all rich people are exactly the same is silly. There are rich people that want to pay more in taxes simply because they know they should be paying more. They're a rare breed, but they are out there.

D

Deleted-401606

I'm as anti-oligarch as the next guy, but suggesting all rich people are exactly the same is silly. There are rich people that want to pay more in taxes simply because they know they should be paying more. They're a rare breed, but they are out there.
It goes much deeper than that and has to do with Bill Gates testing pharmaceuticals on poor populations.This isn't your typical rich guy next door,he is one of the most powerful people in the world and is a globalist.

Espen84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't tease me, don't break my hart. Let it be so. Halo is my favorite franchise, and I miss it.. Let me play it on my pc

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
And boom goes the dynamite. Took long enough though, I guess Microsoft finally decided they like money.

They were probably retaining Halo as the exclusive for people to buy the XBox console. They are jist releasing it now elsewhere because of their paradigm shift where they seem to be wanting to turn XBox as the PC gaming companion rather than a standalone device.

To be honest I don't get their motivation though. Because of this strategy I don't think I'll be inclined to buy the next Xbox System, if there is one. I mean, yay for me for only have to invest on the PC.

Reactions: Xzi

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not out of the kindness of his heart,don't be so naive.It's called buying publicity and working on his public persona.No rich person does anything for free lol.I am not sure if posting links is allowed but I can link Bill's agenda if you would like. It's a lot more complex than it seems.
I would love for you to explain yourself, especially considering Bill's last will, which he has been public about for years. He is leaving his children a relatively small amount of money (couple million each) to launch their own careers and funneling the rest of his fortune, billions upon billions of dollars, into charity. Y'know what? If he's paying for medical testing on "poor populations" and that testing results in *eradicating polio*, I'm fine with that. Take your tinfoil hat off, Bill Gates is not an interdimensional demon who puts chemicals in the water to make the frogs gay, he's one of the most generous rich people on the planet who actually changed the world for the better. With money. Your accusation of greed simply doesn't stick.

D

Deleted-401606

I would love for you to explain yourself, especially considering Bill's last will, which he has been public about for years. He is leaving his children a relatively small amount of money (couple million each) to launch their own careers and funneling the rest of his fortune, billions upon billions of dollars, into charity. Y'know what? If he's paying for medical testing on "poor populations" and that testing results in *eradicating polio*, I'm fine with that. Take your tinfoil hat off, Bill Gates is not an interdimensional demon who puts chemicals in the water to make the frogs gay, he's one of the most generous rich people on the planet who actually changed the world for the better. With money. Your accusation of greed simply doesn't stick.

No tinfoil hat here.If you want to believe billionaire's have your best interest in mind,that is your prerogative and nothing I say is going to change it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No tinfoil hat here.If you want to believe billionaire's have your best interest in mind,that is your prerogative and nothing I say is going to change it.
I believe that individuals can be charitable and wealthy individuals have more opportunity to be charitable and larger means, specifically because they're wealthy. I would be shocked if most charity worldwide wasn't paid for by the 1%. You're demonising people on the basis of them having money when you don't - that's your jealousy and envy showing, it doesn't reflect poorly on them, it reflects poorly on you.

Reactions: Kioku

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's still just a rumor, but tl;dr MS requested users who test the preview builds to try playing a specific version of State of Decay, that was downloaded from the Xbox servers and used .xvc files instead of the standard PC files. It's likely this means that MS is toying with pushing Xbone games directly to PC's.

https://gamerant.com/xbox-one-pc-games-microsoft-test-rumor/ <
It goes in line with their overall philosophy of making Xbox a Windows-based gaming environment, which I'm not opposed to. Sounds good, I hope it's true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7