New Inside Xbox episode teases “exciting news” for Halo: Master Chief Collection

6AF04C34-675B-4F67-A0F0-C02B2A682CDA.jpeg

Ever since the launch of Xbox’s Play Anywhere initiative, fans have been fervently requesting for Halo: The Master Chief Collection to be made available on PC. Though rumors have teased a PC port being in the works for years, the remaster remains an Xbox One console exclusive. That may soon change, however, according to Brad Sams, an insider who has correctly leaked information about Microsoft projects in the past. Sams originally claimed that The Master Chief Collection would be heading to PC, and would be a reveal set to take place prior to or during Xbox’s E3 conference. Though that alone wouldn’t carry much weight, Microsoft itself seemed to add fuel to the fire, teasing that their next episode of Inside Xbox would be announcing “some exciting news” for Halo: MCC.

If you’re interested, you can watch the episode when it airs live on March 12 at 2 pm PT. The hour-long stream will also showcase new Xbox Game Pass titles, and new gameplay for DayZ and One Piece: World Seeker.

:arrow: Inside Xbox
:arrow: Source

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It goes in line with their overall philosophy of making Xbox a Windows-based gaming environment, which I'm not opposed to. Sounds good, I hope it's true.
I hope it's true, but I hope they do it properly. I'd be slightly opposed if they're just pushing the identical Xbone version to PCs without any modifications, it'd mean there's no hope for adjusting graphical settings to suit whatever PC you may have and being stuck with whatever the devs could get running on an Xbone. I'd rather not be stuck with a 900p 30fps game on my 1440p 144hz capable PC because that's all XYZ dev could get running on an Xbone.

Reactions: Kioku

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope it's true, but I hope they do it properly. I'd be slightly opposed if they're just pushing the identical Xbone version to PCs without any modifications, it'd mean there's no hope for adjusting graphical settings to suit whatever PC you may have and being stuck with whatever the devs could get running on an Xbone. I'd rather not be stuck with a 900p 30fps game on my 1440p 144hz capable PC because that's all XYZ dev could get running on an Xbone.
From what I heard on the grapevine all graphical settings are supposed to be dynamic to account for the console SKU, the stopgap console (like the X) and the custom PC SKU's, which is pretty standard these days.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I don't get their motivation though. Because of this strategy I don't think I'll be inclined to buy the next Xbox System, if there is one. I mean, yay for me for only have to invest on the PC.
Microsoft is fine with selling you a copy of Windows instead of an Xbox One. That's essentially their strategy. They might even be going full Sega, if rumors of an Xbox Live app for Switch are true. TBH they might as well, Xbox hardware does nothing uniquely defining, and they'd have a lot less overhead as a cross-platform publisher.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft is fine with selling you a copy of Windows instead of an Xbox One. That's essentially their strategy. They might even be going full Sega, if rumors of an Xbox Live app for Switch are true. TBH they might as well, Xbox hardware does nothing uniquely defining, and they'd have a lot less overhead as a cross-platform publisher.

Not a bad thing to be honest, I don't see any appeal in the XB1X.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not a bad thing to be honest, I don't see any appeal in the XB1X.
It's a pre-built gaming PC with a locked down OS full of ads, there's not much appeal there for anybody. If they actually make it Win10 compatible, then it becomes more appealing because PCs with that much power are typically more expensive.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a pre-built gaming PC with a locked down OS full of ads, there's not much appeal there for anybody. If they actually make it Win10 compatible, then it becomes more appealing because PCs with that much power are typically more expensive.

Yeah, I'm good with my PC, Switch and PS4 to be honest.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm good with my PC, Switch and PS4 to be honest.
Same. Microsoft have kind of painted themselves into a corner in that regard. Even if they do make XB1 Win10 compatible, there's really nowhere for them to go with a new console from here. XB1X will likely be only a little under PS5 in terms of power, there's nothing else unique about the hardware, and it's completely void of exclusive software now. So they can make it last another 4-5 years easy by opening it up to Win10, but it's still not going to have the devoted fan base that Nintendo, Sony, or the PC do. XB1X reads as Microsoft's last console to me regardless.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The ads don't even bother me. The UI is insanely slow and clunky. They overdid a lot of things on it and have made it the worst experience I've ever had on a console. I actually dislike the PS4 UI more but it's a fair bit faster.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The ads don't even bother me. The UI is insanely slow and clunky. They overdid a lot of things on it and have made it the worst experience I've ever had on a console. I actually dislike the PS4 UI more but it's a fair bit faster.
They were dipshits for getting rid of the 'blades' UI of the 360. They should've just upgraded it by splitting the screen so that RB/LB and RT/LT each work a separate set of blades. Multitasking would be easy and you could even customize names, positions, colors, and themes of blades. Literally could've been a better UI than Android, but nah.

As an aside, Switch actually has the best UI of any modern console. Very fast, no ads, completely gaming-focused. It's missing some basic customization like themes, but it still wins out for the stated reasons.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

IMO it would be great if we could get full access to the Xbox One library and platform on Windows 10 regardless of whether games get specifically ported. I sold my Xbox One because there weren't many games on it but I'd happily pickup the few games I was interested in again on my PC. Maybe it might also entice more devs to make Xbox One ports if they can make 1 port that works on both systems.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice, so it'll get a "cheaters paradise" update.

Too bad for those folks in consoles. Nice thing I don't like fps entries of the Halo franchise anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o