1. 2,596

Front-page

343 Games is ready to bring another Halo title to The Master Chief Collection on PC, with Halo 2: Anniversary launching on May 12th. Just like previous MCC PC releases, the game will support 4K/60fps, and will allow players to toggle between the game's original graphics and the remastered ones. Halo 2's multiplayer is also available, bringing with it 25 multiplayer maps for players to experience online. It'll be available on Steam, the Microsoft Store, or on Xbox Game Pass for PC.

2. Discussion (30 replies)

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well I still got a month left on my game pass trial so yay

4. RedoLane

RedoLane Unemployed Punmaster

Israel
    Neat! And I just finished the first one last month!

5. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Anyone if you can buy Halo 2 like a stand alone w/o having to buy the master chief collection?
    If i look in steam its listed as DLC and it says it requires the master chief collection,

6. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah you can buy them individually. If you buy just one of the dlcs it will add the master chief collection to your library but only let you play the one you bought.

7. Broduskii

Broduskii GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The bundle does end up saving money, but has diminishing returns per game owned.

I purchased Reach and now want to get the bundle from steam. It does not discount games you own from the price, if you have purchased them individuality.

Silent_Gunner and Cubuss like this.
  8. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    That is bad.

9. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Hopefully the Fitgirl or Codex or Even DODI ..repacks will have Online Multiplayer This Time ...even if not you can pllay halo online unofficially................ in any case i will finish this game again using Moonlight On Ps Vita ( I did Halo 1 Ani & Reach ) This way .................. count me in either way

10. bigfatToni

bigfatToni GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Hurray

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  11. Lodad

Lodad Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yupp, pretty sure anyway. You can buy each individual game for $10 and the MCC is kind of like a container for them.

Cubuss likes this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    ARRRR, MATEY! OPENLY ADMITTING TO YOUR PIRACY, EH?

As for me, though...

Last edited by Silent_Gunner, May 6, 2020
    SuperDan likes this.
  13. Broduskii

Broduskii GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would wait for reviews first, Reach is still unplayable to me because of the muffled sound.

SuperDan likes this.
  14. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Canada
    Gamepad support? Does it control just the way it would have back on the original Xbox?

SuperDan likes this.
  15. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    I kno I know the evil sinner in me popped out again... Why are pirates called... Pirates?..... Because they ARRRRR!.. I just wish I could download food and weed too one day....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Y
    Yeah they sure doo! I just like they used too... I just wish they added.. A run button for the original Halo Games... Of course that would break the nostalgia

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Soun
    Sounds Fine here are you using a surround sound system?... I am sounds perfect here

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Neat, can't wait for the rest of the series to finally show up, they've definitely managed to decrease dev times as they mentioned would happen the further along in the games they go, so 3 and ODST should t be long now, hopefully by September, maybe November even we'll have the whole collection finished.

I hope they toss 5 into the MCC at some point in the future as well and port that to PC, mostly so we can have all the games on PC more than it being that good of a game :lol: definitely hyped for Infinity, too, that'll be neat I think as well.

17. neotank19

neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently replayed the first 5 halo games, and halo 4 for the first time (which i rather enjoyed). The remastered graphics in halo 2 really stand out. I was a bit sorry not to see halo 3 get the same treatment.

18. Lodad

Lodad Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Also I'd like to say that I'm sufficiently pumped, I'm hoping this is a huge relase. Halo 2, 3 and Reach were my LIFE from 2006-2011.

19. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Canada
    5 looks like rubbish, you seem to already know that but there is no need for it at all.

20. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Just waiting for Halo 3 & ODST, H2 does not have the brightest gameplay honestly, weapon balance is bland and legendary is just a clusterfuck, that being said H2 is just about fun if you just want to have a casual run on normal from time to time but that's about it, the game has no depth...

Also hopefully when 3 & ODST get released this will revive the Eldewrito project...

Last edited by Idaho, May 6, 2020
  21. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    Halo 2 has always been this very weird game for me. It released when I was just a kid, so my mother wouldn't allow me to play such an "evil game". But I had a friend who I hung out with that had an Xbox and Halo 2. I'd play the game whenever I was at his house, and there was this little sense of rebellion I had at whatever young age I was at the time, excitedly breaking a set rule to play this really cool game. For that reason Halo 2 always had a special place in my heart.

My dad even bought me an Xbox secretly so I could play it, but my mom made him return it to GameStop. When I eventually got my 360, my mom would check the games I owned to make sure none were evil, still, so I wasn't allowed to play Halo 2 when it release there either. This'll be my first chance to play Halo 2 and experience it fully after playing hours and hours of the local multiplayer mode, so I'm so excited.

Blasingame and DANTENDO like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Anniversary, Collection, Master