Halo 2 : Anniversary joins The Master Chief Collection on PC next week

343 Games is ready to bring another Halo title to The Master Chief Collection on PC, with Halo 2: Anniversary launching on May 12th. Just like previous MCC PC releases, the game will support 4K/60fps, and will allow players to toggle between the game's original graphics and the remastered ones. Halo 2's multiplayer is also available, bringing with it 25 multiplayer maps for players to experience online. It'll be available on Steam, the Microsoft Store, or on Xbox Game Pass for PC.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Halo 2 has always been this very weird game for me. It released when I was just a kid, so my mother wouldn't allow me to play such an "evil game". But I had a friend who I hung out with that had an Xbox and Halo 2. I'd play the game whenever I was at his house, and there was this little sense of rebellion I had at whatever young age I was at the time, excitedly breaking a set rule to play this really cool game. For that reason Halo 2 always had a special place in my heart.

My dad even bought me an Xbox secretly so I could play it, but my mom made him return it to GameStop. When I eventually got my 360, my mom would check the games I owned to make sure none were evil, still, so I wasn't allowed to play Halo 2 when it release there either. This'll be my first chance to play Halo 2 and experience it fully after playing hours and hours of the local multiplayer mode, so I'm so excited.

was your mum worried about the type things people say in halo?

e.g. *Beep Beep your mother* :unsure:

your mother was like they cant *beep* me if my daughter doesn't play halo.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Chary and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Halo 2 has always been this very weird game for me. It released when I was just a kid, so my mother wouldn't allow me to play such an "evil game". But I had a friend who I hung out with that had an Xbox and Halo 2. I'd play the game whenever I was at his house, and there was this little sense of rebellion I had at whatever young age I was at the time, excitedly breaking a set rule to play this really cool game. For that reason Halo 2 always had a special place in my heart.

My dad even bought me an Xbox secretly so I could play it, but my mom made him return it to GameStop. When I eventually got my 360, my mom would check the games I owned to make sure none were evil, still, so I wasn't allowed to play Halo 2 when it release there either. This'll be my first chance to play Halo 2 and experience it fully after playing hours and hours of the local multiplayer mode, so I'm so excited.
Nothing against your mother specifically. I can't stand parents that do this. I had a friend who wasn't allowed to even look at a video game because it was (and I quote) "A ploy by Satanists to brainwash my children into betraying the word of god." Needless to say, he doesn't talk to his mom anymore... Anyway, this is great. Halo 2 is my favorite Halo campaign and second favorite multiplayer. Lost so much time as a kid in it, and I don't regret a single second.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Nothing against your mother specifically. I can't stand parents that do this. I had a friend who wasn't allowed to even look at a video game because it was (and I quote) "A ploy by Satanists to brainwash my children into betraying the word of god." Needless to say, he doesn't talk to his mom anymore... Anyway, this is great. Halo 2 is my favorite Halo campaign and second favorite multiplayer. Lost so much time as a kid in it, and I don't regret a single second.
Oh totally lol. I remember one time Assassin's Creed 2 was free with GWG and I got caught playing it, and I lied and lied, swearing up and down it was a horse racing game based in Italy and not Assassin's Creed. Doing that kinda stuff just makes your kids lie and become sneaky. Her gripe with it wasn't even how it'd corrupt my soul like something like Pokemon/Digimon would, just that shooting video game guns turns you into a killer. lol...

What did yr dad say to gamestop:lol:
I wasn't with him when he got it, but I had to go with him when he went to return it, and he was pretty much like "Ummmm my wife won't let me buy this for my kid sooo...can you take it back I guess?" or something along those lines. Just with more Engrish. It was still shrink wrapped so GameStop actually could take it back and refund fully, instead of giving us two potatoes for the thing.

Funny story, actually. He let me buy some "kiddie looking games that won't make your mom yell" which...included Bubsy 3D, hahaha. :rofl2:

Reactions: Kioku and DANTENDO

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Halo games are mild and cartoonish compared to a lot of popular computer games. At, least the earlier ones that I have experience with are.

You must have been particularly small.
I thought so too, in reflection, but checking the release date and seeing that it was 2004, and that I was born in 1996, means I was around 8. Still pretty small, but I don't know if to the point of restricting a game like that. It'd also have to factor in my mom knowing what Halo was other than hearing things from other helicopter parents that it was a murdery killer game of death and gore.

I ended up playing Reach for a bit when it first hit MCC, and I was actually surprised that it wasn't over the top or anything. Not that I had memories of 2 being violent, but I was expecting worse after it being so many years. Tame, if anything, haha.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1