Hacking New Gateway Update 29/07/2013

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, I am confused on whether I should just buy a DSTWO now or wait for the Blue Gateway 3DS card.
(I predict that tons of people would tell me to buy the DSTWO before they know what the Blue Gateway 3DS card does.)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I am confused on whether I should just buy a DSTWO now or wait for the Blue Gateway 3DS card.
(I predict that tons of people would tell me to buy the DSTWO before they know what the Blue Gateway 3DS card does.)

The blue Gateway cart probably has something about it which differs from any other DS cart, which makes use of the exploit, compatible, with the blue cart.

I doubt it'll go to other DS carts.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd see what the blue one does in the first place, it may have bad homebrew compatibility or something.

f0rCe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's everyone going to do when AA5 comes out for eshop only? This game alone is enough to make me not want this flashcart.

Just buyin' a 2nd 3DS? B-)

Got one with FW 5.0.x, 2nd one (3dsxl) with FW 4.3.x that i'm only gonna use for GW3DS. If i need an online game or the newer ones and Gateway Team isn't releasing an update, i still can use the first 3DS for that.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Er, what?
The Crown 3DS is still at 72% in development, even while the Gateway 3DS is about to be shipped WHILE aleiving the fears of a lot of people here. In fact...
http://www.crown3dscard.net/
(Note that this is a new site about the Crown 3DS.)

Either way, I would rather wait until Christmas or Epiphany before I buy the flashcard with a new 3DS LL.

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's everyone going to do when AA5 comes out for eshop only? This game alone is enough to make me not want this flashcart.

I am debating on this too.... I am a AA nut. On other hand I am nto sure if AA is worth another 3ds lol. I mean for similiar amount of money, would you rather buy a second 3ds or a vita.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, BIG question right here:

I know MANY people have WiFi connections, unsupported by DS Game Cards (I think it's WEP and above). I wonder if the blue cart will allow us to use more-secure connections for DS games? (Like, I wonder if the blue cart will function more like a DSi cart, than a DS [original] cart?)

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought an XL unit and disabled wireless. Are the only other steps needed to prevent firmware updates are to disable spot and streetpass? If by some chance an update is picked up by my system will a pop up window occur asking me to update (or will it occur without my permission)?

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just bought an XL unit and disabled wireless. Are the only other steps needed to prevent firmware updates are to disable spot and streetpass? If by some chance an update is picked up by my system will a pop up window occur asking me to update (or will it occur without my permission)?

As far as I know you always have to take action yourself before an update is actually installed. It won't install on it's own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello