New gameplay footage and features for 'Street Fighter 6' revealed

sf6.jpg

During the Street Fighter 6 Showcase stream, Capcom revealed new gameplay footage and features of its upcoming fighting game. New features include a new location in World Tour called Nayshall; RPG elements such as consumable items to recover Vitality, acquire buffs, or inflict debuffs; accessibility with new sound design and tutorials. You can view the full showcase below for more information and to get a look at the game in action:

Street Fighter 6 launches on June 2 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. A demo for the PS4 and PS5 is available now while a demo for Xbox Series X|S and PC will be available on April 26.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's wrong with the art direction? This game has pretty much everything what fans wanted. What more do you want?
I agree. SFV was gimped to hell on its initial release since Capcom tried their darndest to rush the game out the door so it could debut in time for EVO from what I recall. Capcom's efforts at this juncture is making up for their past errs and is being greeted w/ much satisfaction and fanfare.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you genuinely think the switch could run SF6? No way.
Considering it looks like a PS3/360 era game, absolutely. It's not like it's a massive open world game like Tears of the Kingdom, it's just a 2 person fighting game.

Reactions: Ligeia

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No offense meant to anyone that like SF games but: What a piece of cr@p is this?...
Well... ut seems CAPCOM took "Street - Fighter" too literal this time.

So I guess it makes sense now?

In my opinion the game's new features are too n00b friendly, it seems to be aimed at casual fighting players.

On the other hand, Juri looks very nice :wub:

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

In my opinion the game's new features are too n00b friendly, it seems to be aimed at casual fighting players.

They made something more like NFS Underground series, but for fighting; or something like that crappy game series from that s#!tty publisher trying to take into court all 'R' related brands.

Imho it doesn't fit with the SF franchise, it ruins the fighting. This has nothing to do with SF.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They made something more like NFS Underground series, but for fighting; or something like that crappy game series from that s#!tty publisher trying to take into court all 'R' related brands.

Imho it doesn't fit with the SF franchise, it ruins the fighting. This has nothing to do with SF.
I like it. :) I'm actually excited for this. It's a reason to get an XBOX or PS5.

If we're gonna discuss fighting game perfection, let's focus in SNK vs CAPCOM 2 and discard all fighting games that came after that, except maybe, KOF XIII.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

The World Tour mode is intentionally noob friendly yeah, you can't even use classic controls until chapter 2 and the demo only covers chapter 1. It's a slow introduction to the basic and intermediate stuff, so the only reason somebody with experience would want to touch it is to obtain moves for their custom character. Those can only fight other custom characters online, however, so it's ultimately not necessary at all.

Thankfully there is a proper single-player arcade/story mode for intermediate/advanced players that's completely separate. I'll be sticking mostly to that, online play, and training, of course.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed, it reminds me of this

I really miss the super stylized look IV had when the characters still looked like they were out of an 80s anime/manga or comic book. It was a good compromise between the older sprite based look (especially 3 which looked very much like an old anime) and HD graphics.

Reactions: Ligeia

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not like it's a massive open world game like Tears of the Kingdom, it's just a 2 person fighting game.
It... is an open world game, though. World Tour exists. Also go see the minimum requirements for the game. The Switch is absolutely not powerful enough, it can barely run DBFZ without dropping the resolution to like 360p.

Reactions: Xzi

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It... is an open world game, though. World Tour exists. Also go see the minimum requirements for the game. The Switch is absolutely not powerful enough, it can barely run DBFZ without dropping the resolution to like 360p.
MK11 is very playable on Switch, I'm sure Capcom could make SF6 run well enough if they tried. It would only be 720p, 30 FPS, and probably low quality textures.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MK11 is very playable on Switch, I'm sure Capcom could make SF6 run well enough if they tried. It would only be 720p, 30 FPS, and probably low quality textures.
SF6 is considerably more intensive than MK11. Also 30fps is a no-no for any fighting game. Just no.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What will happen in tournaments? Will players use their established character, or stick to the official roster?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto