Gaming New Club Nintendo games tomorrow...

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Hrmm. I hope it's the Gameboy Kid Icarus, I want that to go with the upcoming 3DS one and the free download x3

Edit: Okay, apparently the games are already up. And I'm sooooo not interested.
But that new 3DS game case might be nice :D

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
But that new 3DS game case might be nice :D
3DS GAME CASE?

I didn't even see it...
Yeah, guess it's like the retail cases, but it has room for 18 games inside.
Ooh, the temptation...

Considering how expensive Hori priced its 3DS game carts case, I think 250 coins is a pretty good deal for those who require it. Coming from Club Nintendo, it will have a good quality too.

Ok. Hori's card case is $10 for 24 carts. Not expensive. I would redeem one from the Club Nintendo only if I really need to. I would rather save my coins for games coming next month and thereafter.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought the game case.

I have 600 coins after buying it... I don't know how I have that many lol.

I just re-counted my coins and 200 of them are missing. I am sure they somehow fell in your account, can I have 'em back please? I could give you 50 coins for finding them. For the 150 coins, I'll accept a download code. Ok?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game case.

I have 600 coins after buying it... I don't know how I have that many lol.

I just re-counted my coins and 200 of them are missing. I am sure they somehow fell in your account, can I have 'em back please? I could give you 50 coins for finding them. For the 150 coins, I'll accept a download code. Ok?
Haha, unfortunately I cannot do that.

Reactions: 1 person

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
European Club Nintendo never gets updated, hate fucking American capitalism.

I don't think you understand the word 'capitalism', and what it means.

You're also from the UK, so don't support those American [censored]s. So much shit America has, and so much greed that they keep it for themselves. Fucking bellends if you ask me.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're also from the UK, so don't support those American [censored]s. So much shit America has, and so much greed that they keep it for themselves. Fucking bellends if you ask me.
When did I ask this thread to become a "my horse is bigger than your horse" contest?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PLEASE NOT HERE :(

I know we Europeans get crazy how whiny and greedy our neighbors are, but please hold yourself. WE GOT KID ICARUS remember. We get all GAMES 2 days early, we got Tales of the Abyss a few months early we got Mario Kart 3 days before America. Shut it you whiny bastard and think before you whine greedy English man! YES I called you greedy you are whining about the fact the US gets something we don't. I FEEL your pain but please.

/rant

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted-236924

(Protip, coin-bought games are not free. Gotta buy stuff to get those coins, thus they cost money.)
Incorrect. The coins are a free bonus that comes from buying a game.
I think he's saying that, because you have to purchase games to get the 'free' coins, they're not free. It's a technicality and you're both right.
There is no extra fee to pay for the coins.
My point still stands.

Saying the points aren't free would be like saying the Pokéwalker isn't free.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(Protip, coin-bought games are not free. Gotta buy stuff to get those coins, thus they cost money.)
I think he's saying that, because you have to purchase games to get the 'free' coins, they're not free. It's a technicality and you're both right.
My point still stands.

No, the Pokéwalker is included with the game so it is free (as the price stands for only the game). However to get the coins, you STILL have to buy eligible nintendo products. You can't compare both and say it's the same.
So technically, the coins isn't free as it comes with the product you buy. The only free coins they give is when you do a free welcome survey.

D

Deleted-236924

My point still stands.

No, the Pokéwalker is included with the game so it is free (as the price stands for only the game). However to get the coins, you STILL have to buy eligible nintendo products. You can't compare both and say it's the same.
So technically, the coins isn't free as it comes with the product you buy. The only free coins they give is when you do a free welcome survey.
To get the Pokéwalker, you still have to buy the eligible Nintendo product (in this case, Pokéwalker.)
I'm pretty sure they would sell the games for the same prices even if they didn't include a leaflet with a CN PIN.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thread_direction_2.gif

Reactions: 2 people

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I stand on the side of it is NOT free. This is why commercials are required to state when a purchase is required in order to enter contests. Since a purchase is necesarry, you would not have the coins if you didn't have money to spend on the game, so by that logic (and that of the BBS & ABC as well as international tax law) they are not free;when purchase is needed to enter or get them. The coin value is deducted and included in the original items retail sale price. For legal purpose (tax reasons) these must be clearly stated to most accountants and a set law in most countries

Game show cars that are won most often are not taken home as the winner/contestant must pay the taxes on same before claiming it. They are not allowed to simply take it home after the show. There are all sorts of legal strings with those game shows, and the prizes. Those shows seldom actually give away the items (but instead and equal cash value, less some processing free) that are shown or demonstrated because of this tax situation. When you recieve a free incentive for pre-order for example, called a 'premium; ie the R.E. 3ds cover for instance, that item is not free but the cost is included in the whole retail value. This is tax law requirement in most countries. Otherwise the Crapcom would be liable for taxes on that item when giving it away. This is something I came across with my accountant when trying to sell for my first time overseas. He is known for international tax law and knows a thing or two about these things. Free items, called premiums are an effective incentive used by many companies to increase the bottwom line sales, and that it does well. S&H Green Stamps ran a promotin of this nature for many many years with stamps that could be traded for household items at your local Sears and Roebuck store or S&H Green Stamp stores. Google it.

D

Deleted-236924

I stand on the side of it is NOT free. This is why commercials are required to state when a purchase is required in order to enter contests. Since a purchase is necesarry, you would not have the coins if you didn't have money to spend on the game, so by that logic (and that of the BBS & ABC as well as international tax law) they are not free;when purchase is needed to enter or get them. The coin value is deducted and included in the original items retail sale price. For legal purpose (tax reasons) these must be clearly stated to most accountants and a set law in most countries

Game show cars that are won most often are not taken home as the winner/contestant must pay the taxes on same before claiming it. They are not allowed to simply take it home after the show. There are all sorts of legal strings with those game shows, and the prizes. Those shows seldom actually give away the items (but instead and equal cash value, less some processing free) that are shown or demonstrated because of this tax situation. When you recieve a free incentive for pre-order for example, called a 'premium; ie the R.E. 3ds cover for instance, that item is not free but the cost is included in the whole retail value. This is tax law requirement in most countries. Otherwise the Crapcom would be liable for taxes on that item when giving it away. This is something I came across with my accountant when trying to sell for my first time overseas. He is known for international tax law and knows a thing or two about these things. Free items, called premiums are an effective incentive used by many companies to increase the bottwom line sales, and that it does well. S&H Green Stamps ran a promotin of this nature for many many years with stamps that could be traded for household items at your local Sears and Roebuck store or S&H Green Stamp stores. Google it.
Thanks for providing actual arguments instead of aimlessly claiming I was wrong.
This lets me better understand your point of view.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Pokewalker is viewed as free, then Coins would also be viewed as "free". There's no other way to get Coins other than buying Nintendo products (or surveys about them, pretty much the same thing), much like the fact that there's no other way to get the Pokewalker besides buying it with HG/SS (unless you're a fan of the used market).

Regardless, these Club Nintendo game offerings are horrible, and there only being two of them makes it even worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...