New AYANEO line of handheld gaming PCs with AMD Ryzen 7000 U-series chips announced

ayaneo 1s.jpg

Handheld gaming PC manufacturer AYANEO has announced its next generation of devices during a stream. The new line will pack the AMD Ryzen 7000 chip, which is similar to that powering the ASUS ROG Ally. Devices that will sport this chip include the newly-announced AYANEO 2S and AYANEO GEEK 1S, while the previously-announced AYANEO Slide and a new version of the AYANEO Air Plus will be upgraded to this chip as well. Indiegogo campaigns for the 2S and GEEK 1S will debut in April while the launch of the other two models has yet to be announced.

The company also announced upgrades to owners of older AYANEO models. Owners of the 6800U-powered AYANEO 2 will have the option to upgrade their motherboard with one that sports the new 7000U chip for a fee; while the company will provide free speaker upgrades to owners of the AYANEO Air and free head dissipation module for AYANEO 2/Geek owners. Owners of the original AYANEO Founder Edition will also be able to swap their console for the AYENEO 2021 edition.

You can watch the announcements from the whole stream below:

It seems like AYANEO still wants to compete against the likes of the Steam Deck and ROG Ally. While, the pricing of the devices will be a decisive factor, AYANEO devices haven't been the most competitively-priced to date but the company seems to want to provide an edge with its customer support and free upgrades. That said, the more options and competition there is in this market, the better it will be for us consumers.

:arrow: SOURCE

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
The race continues… is this even profitable for AYA at this point? I guess it has to be considering how often they pump out new hardware..
unlike the Steam Deck, devices from companies like AYA and GPD ship worldwide and that's one of their sales edge. It will depend if the ROG Ally will also ship worldwide or be limited to certain regions.

Reactions: Veho

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
unlike the Steam Deck, devices from companies like AYA and GPD ship worldwide and that's one of their sales edge. It will depend if the ROG Ally will also ship worldwide or be limited to certain regions.
Has ASUS had any regional limitations before?

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
All this competition is fantastic.. I can't wait until they are all forced to lower prices to Steam Deck levels.
Can they, though? Valve has Steam, so they can take a loss on their device to have competitive pricing. Asus has the coffers to keep the price down until they root out some of the competition, but otherwise they kind of need to make money on the hardware, ultimately. If the ROG Ally is indeed priced at 699 that's probably already a loss if we take into account Valve's statements on SD pricing and ROG's (better) specs. And if you're crowdfunding your device you probably don't have any wiggle room - you make your money on the hardware or you're out of business.

In time we can expect a lower price for current specs, but I don't think we'll be getting a race to the bottom - unless it's meant to clear the room in which case those lower prices won't last outside of Valve.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can they, though? Valve has Steam, so they can take a loss on their device to have competitive pricing. Asus has the coffers to keep the price down until they root out some of the competition, but otherwise they kind of need to make money on the hardware, ultimately. If the ROG Ally is indeed priced at 699 that's probably already a loss if we take into account Valve's statements on SD pricing and ROG's (better) specs. And if you're crowdfunding your device you probably don't have any wiggle room - you make your money on the hardware or you're out of business.

In time we can expect a lower price for current specs, but I don't think we'll be getting a race to the bottom - unless it's meant to clear the room in which case those lower prices won't last outside of Valve.
I'm not sure what the floor is, but as with any newish segment it's definitely a race to gain mind share as early as possible. I think it's just a matter of finding the sweet spot (price/performance/battery/form factor) and sales are gonna explode beyond niche levels.. and possibly even become mainstream like mobile phones.

Reactions: HellGhast

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is bad for consumers, every few months they release a new model, it is bad for consumers.
Not really, they aren't consoles so it doesn't matter. It's like mobile phones, the one you buy doesn't become obsolete just because another model comes out the next year. The only way it's bad is if they deliberately make fewer units available to keep prices inflated.. like Nvidia.

Reactions: _TheGuy_ and Xzi

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Not really, they aren't consoles so it doesn't matter. It's like mobile phones, the one you buy doesn't become obsolete just because another model comes out the next year. The only way it's bad is if they deliberately make fewer units available to keep prices inflated.. like Nvidia.
Exactly, I still use a Nexus 5 mobile and have lineos os (Android 11) on it and still get updates. Google stopped supporting this years ago - basically hardware is only as good as the software. If Valve keep supporting the Steam deck and updating the software but the software for Ayaneo doesn't get updated - well the steam deck will be money better spent. If it's the other way around - you will know which system to buy.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not like these windows handheld systems are any cheap, one problem is that it is Windows so they don't make money off software unlike valve who has steam os.

Another problem with devices like AyaNeo/Onexplayer/GPD is that you get the latest model, few months later they announced newer model. Not like these windows handheld is affordable for most people. Ayaneo 2 starting price was $949, if the Asus Ally 699 price is real, atleast it is good for consumers.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its ok all these companies crapping out all of these portable pc gaming devices with "upgraded" chips.... but what is the point really.

They'll never get support from devs releasing games dedicated to its hardware (especially when they keep re releasing different specs).

We already know how stupid the PC Master Race are when it comes to gaming, LOLn at console gamers for inferior graphics on a £499 console vs a PCs GPU over £1k to run exactly the same titles, just a little bit better.

As a former PC gamer myself, the difference wasn't as over rated as they make it out to be, Devs simply can't be arsed when it comes to PC games.

Poorly optimised and they never push to get the most from the hardware as they can, I'd say unlike consoles.

So back to these portable pc like devices, already inferior, definitely a massive NO GO running Windows, proof on the Xbox, Microsoft fail at making an AIO OS, been lazy locking out parts of Windows and class it as a games console OS is a shit idea and shows why.

So why are people blindly throwing money at all these devices like they're mobile phones (another thing I dont get, but hey ho).

It will soon be out dated, it will run older stuff at ultra setting at best, only ideal thing I see is emulation.... but you already have a device that can do this.... why buy another when it isn't exactly going to improve anything.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
It will soon be out dated, it will run older stuff at ultra setting at best, only ideal thing I see is emulation.... but you already have a device that can do this.... why buy another when it isn't exactly going to improve anything.
Steam Deck?
This will do Emulation way better for ps3 and switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello