Homebrew New alternative idea for capture cards?

RuneFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be a possible way to create a homebrew or something of that sort, or a possible executable file that would be activating upon use of a url on the internet. I feel this would be possible if we could create an computer program that would be activated before the activation of said home brew/executable file. The idea occurred to me when the fact we use infrared when playing games like Pokemon, it allows then other person to play with us and see their information of the game within our own, so what if we created a program that would emulate the use of the infrared and allow the program to capture our screens and thus what we're doing inside the game.

Is this idea acceptable and at all possible?

Reactions: Margen67

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't think Wifi would be doable as well.

As for now, just get a capture card that is for sale or wait for a better emulator in 2020.
Sorry to burst yer dream but it's just not doable with homebrew.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wifi could probably handle it (you can watch youtube over wifi, after all), but the 3DS is far too slow to handle all the video tasks going on in the background WHILE running games designed to take most of its power. Even without said games, I'm not sure the 3DS would be powerful enough.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without a hardware mod, capture from the 3DS would have to be handled software side. That would probably require more resources than the 3DS can spare when playing a game. It might eventually be possible on the N3DS after they're blown wide open (probably at the end of the 3DS's commercial lifespan) and even then, only for games that don't take advantage of the N3DS's extra resources.

Long story short: it might eventually be possible, but it will be a few years and it might only be with some 3DS games on the N3DS. You'd be better off getting a video capture mod.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does...