Hacking New 3ds update: 6.2.0-12U

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? I was always told to rename it "dstwoupdateb"

trust me, i always have to rename it "ds2update". I did it yesterday because the original "dstwoupdate" never works for me. I don't know if "dstwoupdateb" will work but try my way and see if it works for you.

FlyingBurrito76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird ... the latest combination of SuperCard DSTwo firmware (v1.21) and the latest 3DS firmware 6.2.0-12U seem to work half the time. From a fresh power-up the card works fine, but when I quit out and attempt to boot it up again I get the error message. Seems like there's something wrong with the SuperCard update, no?

*EDIT* Actually, it seems totally random as to when it works and doesn't. Oh well, I'll just wait for an update from the SuperCard people.

Topher587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up...

I skipped updating my R4i gold 3DS when I heard that you needed to cut a circuit on the PCB, and stayed with the older version of the 3DS firmware, before the new Streetpass games were added. I jumped on the new card update since nothing was mentioned about having to cut the board.

I updated successfully to the 6.2 firmware for the cart, then updated my 3DS, and the cart worked in my DS lite but NOT in my 3DS. I would get the message that an error had occurred and I had to power off.

I opened the cart and cut the line, even though I hadn't performed the update to the v6.0-6.1, and lo and behold, i was able to pass the error screen and successfully use my card again. Just in case anyone had followed this same path.

KegRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New version works perfectly with 6.2.0.12-e. Flashed both my kids units on my DSiXL and the "Error has Occurred" screen no longer appears. Supercard Team, you guys ROCK!

tarayaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I have tried reading from the DStwo forum, and here, and couln't really find the answer.

So i updated my DSTwo to 1.21, and my 3ds to the latest firmware.

Now it isn't working as multiple people have reported.

How can i update it to 1.22?

i always get the error to power off.

i have tried renaming the update to ds2update , like a couple posts above mentioned, but still get the same error.

sorry if this has been answered

edit: copying and pasting from dstwo forum, a solution someone posted, and it worked for me:

rename the update file to dstwoupdateb.dat with the B on the end and place in your microsd card. turn on your 3DS and open the DSTWO you will get the black screen with the error. Leave it there for at least 5mins. After 5mins turn off your 3DS remove the microsd card and plug to your pc then delete the update file. Put your microsd card back into your DSTWO and to your 3DS then boot up your 3DS. Try opening the DSTWO again. It should be updated and working.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Just a heads up...

I skipped updating my R4i gold 3DS when I heard that you needed to cut a circuit on the PCB, and stayed with the older version of the 3DS firmware, before the new Streetpass games were added. I jumped on the new card update since nothing was mentioned about having to cut the board.

I updated successfully to the 6.2 firmware for the cart, then updated my 3DS, and the cart worked in my DS lite but NOT in my 3DS. I would get the message that an error had occurred and I had to power off.

I opened the cart and cut the line, even though I hadn't performed the update to the v6.0-6.1, and lo and behold, i was able to pass the error screen and successfully use my card again. Just in case anyone had followed this same path.

I have to add that I updated with no problems my R4i Gold rev. C from r4ids.cn. It had already the cut when I updated my 3DS to 6.0.

FlyingBurrito76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have tried reading from the DStwo forum, and here, and couln't really find the answer.

So i updated my DSTwo to 1.21, and my 3ds to the latest firmware.

Now it isn't working as multiple people have reported.

How can i update it to 1.22?

i always get the error to power off.

i have tried renaming the update to ds2update , like a couple posts above mentioned, but still get the same error.

sorry if this has been answered

edit: copying and pasting from dstwo forum, a solution someone posted, and it worked for me:

rename the update file to dstwoupdateb.dat with the B on the end and place in your microsd card. turn on your 3DS and open the DSTWO you will get the black screen with the error. Leave it there for at least 5mins. After 5mins turn off your 3DS remove the microsd card and plug to your pc then delete the update file. Put your microsd card back into your DSTWO and to your 3DS then boot up your 3DS. Try opening the DSTWO again. It should be updated and working.

If you updated your card to 1.21 you don't need to rename anything.

Just download firmware 1.22 here: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

put it on the root of the micro SD, put that in your SuperCard DSTwo and then put the card into a device capable of booting it.

If you updated your 3DS to a firmware that will not boot the SuperCard, you will need to use a DS Lite or a 3DS on a lower firmware than the current one.

tarayaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nah, did update dstwo to 1.21, wich supposedly would work on 6.2. but i kept getting the error so many people where getting.

only person i know with a 3ds has it on a lower firmware, but he's on vacation, I guess this is the B method, and it worked pretty fine.

FlyingBurrito76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI gang, SuperCard team released another firmware update shortly after the 1.22. Current build is 1.23, likely further stability updates as it does not appear to be in response to a new 3DS firmware from Nintendo.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
FYI gang, SuperCard team released another firmware update shortly after the 1.22. Current build is 1.23, likely further stability updates as it does not appear to be in response to a new 3DS firmware from Nintendo.
1.23 was purely a code cleanup version

Reactions: FlyingBurrito76

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, any info about that current model updating from anything before 4.3. I've seen lots of other sites simply remove news articles, pictures, and download links for the older models so that users only see the info about the latest support, this might be the same situation because, like I said, the 3DS did not jump from 2.x to 4.x.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I have buy the r4i gold 3ds from the online shop
and they tell me to upgrade the card.
i upgrade it on my 3ds the version is 6.3.0, it report an error,how to solve it
(ps: i bought from here:here:http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/23-wood-r4i-gold-3ds.html)

You'll need to put it in a DS/DSLite/DSi/3DS that hasn't been updated to the firmware your flashcart is blocked on. Then update it using the update .nds file and it should then work on your 6.3 3DS.

GRumbar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having some issues here, hoping for some advice. First of all, my 3DS is running system version 4.4.0-10U. I have a new R4i card (WiFI RTS 3DS model, pictured here. I've never tried to update anything until now since DS games have worked great, but I want to buy some DLC for my 3DS games and of course need an updated eShop...

According to the r4i-sdhc.com site, my flash card supports the latest firmware. When I put 1.74b on the flash cart, and try to run the config/upgrade, it removes the flash.r4i file and says in order to update my r4i card, please restore the flash.r4i file. The system always deletes the file however, so I can't prep the card for the latest nintendo firmware. According to the config/update page on the r4i card, it only supports up to system firmware 5.0, but this goes against what the official site says. When I run the ID# on the card through the r4i site, it says the card is genuine, so it's not a cheap knock off... is my system software so far behind the times that I can't make the jump directly from 4.4 to 6.3? Is there a way to bridge this gap? Is there some other method I am missing?

Pretty much looking for any suggestions where to start, this is the only DS system I have to work with, and I'd rather not brick it for my r4i.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Having some issues here, hoping for some advice. First of all, my 3DS is running system version 4.4.0-10U. I have a new R4i card (WiFI RTS 3DS model, pictured here. I've never tried to update anything until now since DS games have worked great, but I want to buy some DLC for my 3DS games and of course need an updated eShop...

According to the r4i-sdhc.com site, my flash card supports the latest firmware. When I put 1.74b on the flash cart, and try to run the config/upgrade, it removes the flash.r4i file and says in order to update my r4i card, please restore the flash.r4i file. The system always deletes the file however, so I can't prep the card for the latest nintendo firmware. According to the config/update page on the r4i card, it only supports up to system firmware 5.0, but this goes against what the official site says. When I run the ID# on the card through the r4i site, it says the card is genuine, so it's not a cheap knock off... is my system software so far behind the times that I can't make the jump directly from 4.4 to 6.3? Is there a way to bridge this gap? Is there some other method I am missing?

Pretty much looking for any suggestions where to start, this is the only DS system I have to work with, and I'd rather not brick it for my r4i.
Marbella it is the wrongfirmware (wrong R4) Too many fakes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol