Hacking New 3DS system update 7.2.0-17

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
"Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience" well its not enhancing my user experience :P

funnily enough i backed up my 7.1 emunand earlier as i figured we where due an update

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added e-mail support to Parental Controls, allowing parents that have forgotten their PIN to send themselves an e-mail with instructions on unlocking Parental Controls.
This will keep kids at bay when they try to get rid of Parental Controls and they select that option.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This will keep kids at bay when they try to get rid of Parental Controls and they select that option.

They couldn't either way, the generator for parental codes no longer works because Nintendo now uses more numbers in the parental controls, basically its just a way for parents to get their master key by email instead of letting customers annoy Nintendo Support to ask for the master key.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words. Staying on 7.1 still would not allow ehop access since there is a new firmware available

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
from the sounds of it 7.x encryption is in place on system settings and eshop........so i wouldn't be expecting a fix any time soon, unless they already prepared for this

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OFFICIAL CHANGELOG
  • Added e-mail support to Parental Controls, allowing parents that have forgotten their PIN to send themselves an e-mail with instructions on unlocking Parental Controls.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
ACTUAL CHANGES- Courtesy of yellow8
  • System Settings, eShop, and the NNID Settings application were updated. All three of these applications now use the NCCH encryption added with 7.0.0-13, none of the other updated titles were updated to use the new NCCH encryption.
  • The USA 0004009B00012302 USA title was updated, the other regions of that title were updated as well
  • The 0004001B00018002 title was updated.
  • The NZone hotspot list was updated.
  • NVer and CVer were updated.
  • The mint and olv(Miiverse) applets were updated.
  • The "eula" CFA was updated, for only EUR.
  • The following system modules were updated: cfg, HID, NIM, NWM, RO, NS, and act.
  • NATIVE_FIRM was updated. The only actual updated code in NATIVE_FIRM was Process9, and the FIRM ARM11 modules.
Looks like no more Eshop or settings access

Reactions: Tattorack

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Only for eShop. However, if the game you want to play has an update that you haven't downloaded, you're S.O.L.
I predict every online game will have an update coming then. I actually have a USB mod, so I'm gonna dump my 4.5, overwrite my emu to the real, get the stuff I missed, then go back. I'll let y'all know if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?