Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been in and out of this thread a little and its funny to watch people panic about Nintendo blocking Sky3ds in a future update, rendering it useless.
Ninty blocked GW and it is far from useless. Just don't update. You know, like everyone does with GW and 4.5.
Sure, its not 100% future-proof, but it opens up a huge number of 3DSs for rom loading than there are right now.

Reactions: radrom

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
True, may be an "achievement" but WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO PIRATE?! :angry:

That is all this thing looks like: another piracy device like the R4! Why not work on a home-brew exploit instead of trying to get retail games running on a fake card?!

IMO, this whole thing here is poor form. Never liked piracy, never will, as it feels cheap playing a game on some download cart... :cry:
Either way people end up supporting Nintendo. And it's fair to say they'd rather see a lot more console sales than game sales, especially considering that third-party games they see almost no profit from.

Reactions: Pox

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Either way people end up supporting Nintendo. And it's fair to say they'd rather see a lot more console sales than game sales, especially considering that third-party games they see almost no profit from.
The world is not limited to the US. Prices vary wildly in comparison to local currencies, a lot of games are not available in different areas (espcially if it's more niche like an RPG) and customs rates are wild and abusive, people sometimes simply don't have the money... and a thousand other reasons. Some people have it easier, others harder, and it's nobody's fucking place to judge that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The world is not limited to the US. Prices vary wildly in comparison to local currencies, a lot of games are not available in different areas (espcially if it's more niche like an RPG) and customs rates are wild and abusive, people sometimes simply don't have the money... and a thousand other reasons. Some people have it easier, others harder, and it's nobody's fucking place to judge that.
Hey, I'm on your side here. If hardware and games were priced more reasonably, maybe nobody would have to pirate anything. Also, nobody releases demos any more and that's a real problem. For my part, I've supported Nintendo with more than my fair share of purchases in the past, so I don't think they're going to miss a few more of my dollars here and there. Nothing wrong with a little piracy as long as the quality games and quality developers get what they need to keep up the good work.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Of course I don't know but since there is a 10 games limitation and games cannot be swapped, I assume it is kind of like an N-card for the NDS where everything is stored on the NAND/NOR/whatever inside instead of an external microSD but with a write protection logic that prevents you from erasing data. Like an EPROM that can never be erased. So I believe it would be a write-once-read-many solution just to make you buy more of their cards.
I don't know why they said 10 games instead of also giving a size limitation but I bet it can't hold 10 games of 4Gb each. So it might have 4Gb storage that can hold up to 10 individual ROMS (assuming their sum is <= 4Gb)

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think I would buy it even if its limited to 100 games. I never support any kind of limitations, cause its always connected with profit.

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont think I would buy it even if its limited to 100 games. I never support any kind of limitations, cause its always connected with profit.

*looks at SD card size limitation and bigger SD cards being more expensive*
I will never buy anything that contains flash memory anymore. :rofl:

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been in and out of this thread a little and its funny to watch people panic about Nintendo blocking Sky3ds in a future update, rendering it useless.
Ninty blocked GW and it is far from useless. Just don't update. You know, like everyone does with GW and 4.5.

Sure, its not 100% future-proof, but it opens up a huge number of 3DSs for rom loading than there are right now.

It's already confirmed sky3ds works in the newer FW 9.2.0-20, but, even if it didn't work I have to disagree (partially) on what you wrote. For GW users it's easy to "not update" because we have emuNAND. Now, for sky3ds, it's a way different scenario. Without emuNAND, it'll eventually become "useless".

I'm not a GW fanboy or sky3ds (k3ds) hatter. Just expressing my point of view. :)

Cheers!

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure you really mean that in such absolute terms? Your 3DS is designed with region lock and that's pretty much one of the dumbest artificial limitation this gen. :)

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
if people cut the bullshit and the bickering it would be nice ,gateway is limited to 4.5 consoles , this so far according to their claims its not so . its meant for 2ds and updated consoles .
Also we have to wait and see if it works and how the limit is implemented .

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
:lol:
I get it now, well lets say that's the only limitation I follow.
Anyway flashcard makers ( any many other companies, but lets say on topic) need to realize that they exist because of us, and we don't exist because of them. Therefore, they cant limit us in any direction, or they ll be punished ( on the market). Sky3ds is built upon the idea of "dumb buyers" that will accept anything offered. Well, I advise them to think again!

Reactions: Deleted-355425

AdmissionBanned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
:lol:
I get it now, well lets say that's the only limitation I follow.
Anyway flashcard makers ( any many other companies, but lets say on topic) need to realize that they exist because of us, and we don't exist because of them. Therefore, they cant limit us in any direction, or they ll be punished ( on the market). Sky3ds is built upon the idea of "dumb buyers" that will accept anything offered. Well, I advise them to think again!
"dumb" buyers wut? The average consumer wont really care about the 10 games limit Because they will view it as 8 free 3ds games.(Yes the price is $80 U.S)
And we have yet to see if the limitation is the only way the card could work It could be that because of the nature of the cart the 10 game limitation had to be their orthe cart wont work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz