NES support?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sfg, Nov 4, 2009.

Nov 4, 2009

NES support? by sfg at 7:37 PM (818 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. sfg
    OP

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi,

I was looking in the stickied emulators topic and saw this: "NES Games:

these are really easy, the supercard has a built in nes emu, just drag and drop the .nes file onto the supercard, execute, and enjoy."

What exactly does that mean? The Supercard has a built-in NES emulator? If so, how's the compatibility? Is it better than nesDS?

Also, on PHWiki I found a list of files supported, among which where:
    # SEGA SMS / GG: *.sms ,*.gg
    # GB: *.gb
    # CGB: *.gbc

The same questions apply for those as for the NES support.

Thank you.

Edit: And, which version of Supercard would you recommend to buy and from where.

2. Cannonman

Newcomer Cannonman Advanced Member

United States
    i don't know about that the emulator may be outdated look on filetrip for the most recent nes emu

3. lonfar

Member lonfar GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Tried star tropical on nes, no lag or problem. GB work w/o emulator? didnt know that but i did use the lameboy for all final fantasy game [​IMG] which work perfectly

cart i use was SuperCard DSOnei

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    That's referring to the slot-2 Supercard series. What's actually happening is that the Supercard has a built-in version of PocketNES v9.97 (which is ancient). You'd be better off just running NES DS or an updated PocketNES compilation yourself.

Similarly, the slot-2 Supercard has a built-in version of Goomba Color Alpha 6, but the emulator has been updated greatly since that version, so you'd be better off using the updated version or simply using Lameboy to play your GB/GBC games.

5. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Also be aware that nesDS has a DLDI compatibility issue with SDHC memories and will freeze if the first game loaded also has save files. Load a saveless ROM like SMB before loading one with saves like Zelda. Save states also known to freeze.