sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I was looking in the stickied emulators topic and saw this: "NES Games:

these are really easy, the supercard has a built in nes emu, just drag and drop the .nes file onto the supercard, execute, and enjoy."

What exactly does that mean? The Supercard has a built-in NES emulator? If so, how's the compatibility? Is it better than nesDS?

Also, on PHWiki I found a list of files supported, among which where:
# SEGA SMS / GG: *.sms ,*.gg
# GB: *.gb
# CGB: *.gbc

The same questions apply for those as for the NES support.

Thank you.

Edit: And, which version of Supercard would you recommend to buy and from where.

Cannonman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know about that the emulator may be outdated look on filetrip for the most recent nes emu

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried star tropical on nes, no lag or problem. GB work w/o emulator? didnt know that but i did use the lameboy for all final fantasy game
smile.gif
which work perfectly

cart i use was SuperCard DSOnei

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's referring to the slot-2 Supercard series. What's actually happening is that the Supercard has a built-in version of PocketNES v9.97 (which is ancient). You'd be better off just running NES DS or an updated PocketNES compilation yourself.

Similarly, the slot-2 Supercard has a built-in version of Goomba Color Alpha 6, but the emulator has been updated greatly since that version, so you'd be better off using the updated version or simply using Lameboy to play your GB/GBC games.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Also be aware that nesDS has a DLDI compatibility issue with SDHC memories and will freeze if the first game loaded also has save files. Load a saveless ROM like SMB before loading one with saves like Zelda. Save states also known to freeze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can