Amiga

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over a year ago @matto21 and myself worked on and completed an iGame.hdf project called Amiga Wii. With simple setup instructions, 1200 games can be played fully without the need of disk swapping. Very nice layout but the mouse/cursor can be a pain to navigate on occasion.

After tinkering with UAE Wii for some months here and there again, i will leave the Tiny Launcher setup available for those who want to use this beautiful loader through UAE Wii. It is similar to iGame as it uses WHDLoad also, but easier to use only to lose very minor compatibility compared to iGame. Battle Isle and History Line do not work but everything else i have tested work fine.

I did not create this, @cheloruiz79 linked the original setup, i am forwarding with minor updates, instructions, and games removed to be acceptable distribution on gbatemp.

Why projects like this never get released is a shame. I feel obligated to make this available to others even though the original setup is not my work.

In a few days, i will link the bare bones setup. Have to make sure everything is correct for distribution.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm almost tempted to try the Amiga app, but ....

I started with Atari 2600, then got the Commodore 64 (cassette tape job).
Then the Amiga-500. Wow !! That blew my mind. Had about 6k games & I fully hard-modded it, & using the 360kb 5.25 floppies. Those were the days. Long live "Cadaver" (game) :)
Then came the PC games - Wolfenstein, Doom & Quake. Amiga-500 R.I.P. :(
It was fun, but it got complex with newer games that needed the use of so many keyboard buttons :(
Old-school has it's limitations ;)

Has anyone looked into the game compatibility between Amiga & Atari ?
I know the Wii apps are different, but when actually playing Atari games on the Amiga, there was never an issue, & visa-versa.

Background music tune playing .... Barbara Streisand's "Memories" ;) Yeah - Nah ;)

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.mediafire.com/file/82earq12u1x2g74/UAE+Wii+-+Amiga+Tiny+Launcher+Setup.7z/file

Hey everyone. Here is the Tiny Launcher minimal setup. It is ready to go with 4 freeware games included, you will only need to find your own kickstart roms.

Instructions are included to help end users add games. My pre-configured settings are included but feel free to make any changes necessary. I included my settings for the simple fact, the original setup could not be distributed here on gbatemp because of copyright(s). This would have included making the end user hunt down around 20 different files and renaming each precisely.

If you need any further help, please post and ill do my best to assist. I'll also put the link on the op, have fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...