Hacking NeoGamma Thread

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
golio514 said:
When it's in FAT 32 format it works with the Wii... will try the HBC.
Anyways, is there a list somewhere with SD cards(NOT USB devices) that are compatible?

Somewhere is a wiki, but i personlly don't trust the wikis here. System menu 4.0 and HBC using IOS61 should have the same compatiblity. You need to test the sdhc card with something that uses IOS36, try WAD Manager with it.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Tried WAD Manager, doesn't work...
Guess i'll have to buy another SD Card, I guess pendrives too, any recommendations?
btw, sorry for going kinda off topic

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
golio514 said:
Tried WAD Manager, doesn't work...
Guess i'll have to buy another SD Card, I guess pendrives too, any recommendations?
btw, sorry for going kinda off topic

Well maybe Waninkoko might create a cIOS based on an IOS that supports your sd card, but i wouldn't expect that too soon.

Zeroboricua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello WiiPower, I just got my wii but its the LU64. Will this work on it its on 3.4U. Thanks for any info you can give me bad or good..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zeroboricua said:
Hello WiiPower, I just got my wii but its the LU64. Will this work on it its on 3.4U. Thanks for any info you can give me bad or good..

All loaders work on all Wiis. The problem on LU64 Wiis are IOS and cIOS. If you get the cIOSrev13a on your Wii, you can use any loader. DO NOT EVER EVEN CONSIDER installing cioscorp, softmii or to downgrade ANYTHING, this are all instant brick methods on LU64 Wiis.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had some trouble with ocarina cheats. I found that when I try to use cheat, the loader will report it finds SD codes, but the codes will not work in game. I had to change the hook type from GC Pad to VI for codes to work.

Also, while it says VI is the default, when I start up the loader the hook type is set to GC Pad, is this a bug? Of coruse if I choose to save settings then it'll remember to use VI next time.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fat Cow said:
Just had some trouble with ocarina cheats. I found that when I try to use cheat, the loader will report it finds SD codes, but the codes will not work in game. I had to change the hook type from GC Pad to VI for codes to work.

Also, while it says VI is the default, when I start up the loader the hook type is set to GC Pad, is this a bug? Of coruse if I choose to save settings then it'll remember to use VI next time.

I just did not change the hooktype stuff and it's the same as is Gamma, that's it.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is a channel WAD I updated (originally made by djay) with WiiPower's NeoGamma R4 RC1 boot.dol:

2ujrypt.jpg

No autoboot or force video modes and the channel image is in widescreen.

Download: http://www.2shared.com/file/6110653/5ef729...sc_Channel.html

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks WiiPower, NeoGamma is the ultimate loader!
happy.gif

I tried forcing 480p on Kororinpa 1 (PAL) and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (PAL) which both only run at 480i using disk channel, and it worked awesome!

By the way, I noticed this from your softchip toy thread earlier,
WiiPower said:
**576p is missing, because there's no libogc code for it
And also saw it mentioned in this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133415 regarding your videotest2.zip

Does that mean 576P is possible on the Wii? (by official games and if libogc was updated)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OSW said:
happy.gif

I tried forcing 480p on Kororinpa 1 (PAL) and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (PAL) which both only run at 480i using disk channel, and it worked awesome!

WiiPower said:
And also saw it mentioned in this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133415 regarding your videotest2.zip

Does that mean 576P is possible on the Wii? (by official games and if libogc was updated)

I don't know. All i know is that there are objects for PAL480p and PAL576p in PAL games, actually 3 different objects for PAL576p. But trying to load any other progressive video mode than NTSC480p with libogc results in a crash. I force MPAL480p and PAL480p by loading NTSC480p and setting the color space to MPAL/PAL.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
OSW said:
happy.gif

WiiPower said:

I don't know. All i know is that there are objects for PAL480p and PAL576p in PAL games, actually 3 different objects for PAL576p. But trying to load any other progressive video mode than NTSC480p with libogc results in a crash. I force MPAL480p and PAL480p by loading NTSC480p and setting the color space to MPAL/PAL.

Cool, thanks for the infos
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OSW said:
WiiPower said:
[...]

Cool, thanks for the infos
smile.gif

Oh i forgot to mention, these objects(3x576p) are actually inside games, not in libogc, but the existing objects in libogc for the other video modes match the ones inside the games. This match is what is makes so easy to patch video modes.

gaungagung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to ask, neo gamma r3 from wii power, cannot use and my wiimote light suddenly off, last night play punchout with ext hd, can somebody explain, what i suppose to do? thanks..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gaungagung said:
i want to ask, neo gamma r3 from wii power, cannot use and my wiimote light suddenly off, last night play punchout with ext hd, can somebody explain, what i suppose to do? thanks..

Delete the config file on sd card and/or try NeoGamma R4 RC1 (you find it on page 4 of this thread).

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Next public beta test:
http://rapidshare.com/files/241453106/NeoGammaR4RC2.zip.html

Please report if any menu option does not work as it did before, or if the config is not stored

Changes to R3:
- Changed how the game entries are sorted
- Added IOS Reload when trying to mount a wbfs device (from 7th try on) to increase compatibility with enclosures and HDDs
- Changed sd and sdhc card handling, hopefully fixed the corruped config file bug with this
- Refuse to load a config with 1 or more option out of range
- Moved game selection to main menu

gaungagung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
gaungagung said:

Delete the config file on sd card and/or try NeoGamma R4 RC1 (you find it on page 4 of this thread).

where is the location config file neogamma r3 on sd card? neo gamma r4 rc1 complete with ocarina or not? thanks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)