Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

ssss

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
QUOTE said:
For me it's working as well. I have it as 1:1 .iso on a multi game disc. And the settings shouldn't matter, as long as you try all video modes.

What issue do you get exactly ssss?

It freezes at edgar allan poe and says "An error has occurred. turn the power OFF"
And also the same with a multi game disc, freezes but without any error..
I have a modchip, maybe thats the problem ?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ssss said:
QUOTE said:
For me it's working as well. I have it as 1:1 .iso on a multi game disc. And the settings shouldn't matter, as long as you try all video modes.

What issue do you get exactly ssss?

It freezes at edgar allan poe and says "An error has occurred. turn the power OFF"
And also the same with a multi game disc, freezes but without any error..
I have a modchip, maybe thats the problem ?

YES. I'm sure NeoGamma says "loading retail disc". Try to eject the disc before the error occurs, and then reinsert it.

QUOTE(Kyno @ Jun 8 2010, 06:14 PM)
I have a problem.. I can't Load A multiGame Disc GameCube in Internal Mode.. :/.. Can you help me ? (yn)

Modchip? If yes, i can't do anything about it.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well, I have tried beta 19 and although it loads gc games perfectly while setting the option to mios it bipasses the part that shows it loading codes and alt dols and such...........however when setting the options to internal or external It loads the codes, but it does not load the game as it freezes on a black screen.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hoosier_d said:
Ok, well, I have tried beta 19 and although it loads gc games perfectly while setting the option to mios it bipasses the part that shows it loading codes and alt dols and such...........however when setting the options to internal or external It loads the codes, but it does not load the game as it freezes on a black screen.

Which cMIOS do you have?

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great updates! I know R9 is primarily focused on GC loading stuff, but I'd love to see an update that enabled you to select a different HDD Partition when loading wii games from USB.... please...
smile.gif

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I easily identify which is the current mios I have installed.......I have installed a lot of stuff since I first softmodded my wii a year ago or so.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hoosier_d said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I easily identify which is the current mios I have installed.......I have installed a lot of stuff since I first softmodded my wii a year ago or so.

Then just install the one from the 1st post.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the homebrew mios patcher 0.2 and 0.1 but was confused how to install it even after reading the enclosed txt file and since Ive been able to run gamecube games was not certain if I needed a specific cMIOS or if you just included a mios in every installment so people who had none would know to add it.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apology Ive confused your two different posts.......the mios patcher 0.2 is from the gecko mod post. I have downloaded the mios and will install and get back to you.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version 8 and version 5..........just not version 4...........could I possibly just install one of the two that I have or is it necessary to have the version 4?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why not get the MIOS with NUS Downloader from nintendo's servers as everybody else? And you need WiiGator's cMIOS not the homebrew one.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasnt even aware of such an ap, but now that I have it I need to figure out how to use it........again sorry for needing to have my hand held..........just not as up to date on anything as I thought I was.

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower:

Home button freezes with the patch? Then something is wrong, did you patch the .iso already? Which cIOS are you using?

And without patch, you can't open the door? Sounds all a bit strange to me.

Home button freezes with patch. Using cios 249 V19 base 57. Originally I could get through the door with USB Config loader until I lost in battle then it never worked again. So I went to neogamma (latest) with patch and above IOS using a backup disk. This worked until I won the battle then the game froze. Now its locked like the USB Config loader situation. The Game loads and the Prince springs from the last save. I go directly to the door but it won't provide a puzzle to open it. It just glows really bright. The only thing I can think is that it stores that info in the save file.

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
Luriden said:
I saw that Neogamma fixes audio streaming, so I gave my Tony Hawk games a shot and the music still wasn't working. Upon searching this thread, I see it has something to do with how the system processes the music. Has any progress been made on this, or will progress ever be made on it?

NeoGamma doesn't do anything about audio streaming that WiiGator's loader doesn't. Maybe the missing music will never work on a softmod, because as i understand it, audio streaming works like this:
The game tells the drive to play some audio data, and then the drive reads the data and transfers it directly to the audio processor. Since we can't patch the drive itself, we can't play that data.

But in that case why with original mios and retail disks the audio streaming works perfectly???

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Retail GC games are written from outside to inside, while DVD-Rs are written from inside to outside. If the drive tries to access the DVD-R the same way as the retail disc, that would cause an error. And there's some other reasons why audio reading on DVD-Rs fails i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk