Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that Neogamma fixes audio streaming, so I gave my Tony Hawk games a shot and the music still wasn't working. Upon searching this thread, I see it has something to do with how the system processes the music. Has any progress been made on this, or will progress ever be made on it?

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings Wiipower:

I comment as a suggestion, not knowing if this can be done or not, ok.
Well what I wanted to ask is if you could do something similar to parches.wip for GC games and reading so fix bugs, audio bugs and faults load some games.
Greetings.

PD: Example: fixes audio streaming.

Neburg.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luriden said:
I saw that Neogamma fixes audio streaming, so I gave my Tony Hawk games a shot and the music still wasn't working. Upon searching this thread, I see it has something to do with how the system processes the music. Has any progress been made on this, or will progress ever be made on it?

NeoGamma doesn't do anything about audio streaming that WiiGator's loader doesn't. Maybe the missing music will never work on a softmod, because as i understand it, audio streaming works like this:
The game tells the drive to play some audio data, and then the drive reads the data and transfers it directly to the audio processor. Since we can't patch the drive itself, we can't play that data.

I don't want to talk further about this, it would only need to endless speculation and rumors.

But we can talk about workarounds to get games to work without these not supported audio streams.

QUOTE(Neburg @ Jun 7 2010, 10:54 AM) Greetings Wiipower:

I comment as a suggestion, not knowing if this can be done or not, ok.
Well what I wanted to ask is if you could do something similar to parches.wip for GC games and reading so fix bugs, audio bugs and faults load some games.
Greetings.

PD: Example: fixes audio streaming.

Neburg.

It's on my TODO/wishlist already. Some things are patchable from NeoGamma, some others are not, like the fstfix(aligning files in the fst).

The biggest problem here is to get the patches, implemting them is a minor problem. If i get detailed information on what exactly needs to be patched for which game in order to get it to work, i can work on it.

PS: I seriously need more incompatible games, and i wonder if Phantasy Star Online even has a single player mode, as multi player(LAN/internet) for gamecube games on a wii is impossible anyways.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that list, but it's only good for selecting games to test. I don't know if they already work now, if they work with the same fix as for Pokemon Box, or if they work with the same fix as for Baten Kaitos. So i need someone here who actually wants to play one of the incompatible games.

ssss

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so, anyway to play Eternal darkness backup yet ?
It doesnt work for me
frown.gif

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Luriden said:

NeoGamma doesn't do anything about audio streaming that WiiGator's loader doesn't. Maybe the missing music will never work on a softmod, because as i understand it, audio streaming works like this:
The game tells the drive to play some audio data, and then the drive reads the data and transfers it directly to the audio processor. Since we can't patch the drive itself, we can't play that data.

I don't want to talk further about this, it would only need to endless speculation and rumors.

But we can talk about workarounds to get games to work without these not supported audio streams.

Interesting. That makes sense though. I've noticed since the PS1 days that backups and audio-streaming games don't mix well together. My games with audio streaming work fine without the music though so I'll live.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First WiiPower I totaly respect the work you are doing and aplaud your efforts.

I asked a question earlier and still have seen no response. I am unable to get cheat codes to work with GC supermario sunshine ntsc retail. I am well aware of how to accomplish it with wii games and am attempting to do it the same way with txt file and code manager and ocarina set to yes yet no codes are detected. Am I missing something?

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
ssss said:
Levente said:
ssss said:
It doesnt work for me
frown.gif

For me it is working if the game is shrunken, I used GCMUtility 0.5

Still does not work..
what setting did you use ?

It's a single game on a minidisc, can't tell the the settings because I'm not home right now and I won't be for a while.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
ssss said:
It doesnt work for me
frown.gif

For me it is working if the game is shrunken, I used GCMUtility 0.5

For me it's working as well. I have it as 1:1 .iso on a multi game disc. And the settings shouldn't matter, as long as you try all video modes.

What issue do you get exactly ssss?

QUOTE(hoosier_d @ Jun 7 2010, 07:03 PM)
First WiiPower I totaly respect the work you are doing and aplaud your efforts.

I asked a question earlier and still have seen no response. I am unable to get cheat codes to work with GC supermario sunshine ntsc retail. I am well aware of how to accomplish it with wii games and am attempting to do it the same way with txt file and code manager and ocarina set to yes yet no codes are detected. Am I missing something?

The .gct file should have 6 digits of the disc id, or else NeoGamma won't find it. But i will update the code, so that NeoGamma finds .gct files with 4 and 6 digits of the disc id.

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest .wip file and Neogammav9R18 doesn't fully work for POP Forgotten Sands. When you get to the first entrance to the 3 headed Guardian fight the door won't unlock with the proper code. I have the original disk and it works fine but any backups disk or USB won't. Anyone solved this yet?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JerJer said:
Latest .wip file and Neogammav9R18 doesn't fully work for POP Forgotten Sands. When you get to the first entrance to the 3 headed Guardian fight the door won't unlock with the proper code. I have the original disk and it works fine but any backups disk or USB won't. Anyone solved this yet?

Can you test press the home button while inside the game please? One time with the patch enabled, one time without. Maybe it's a 2nd protection, i don't know.

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Home button freezes with patch. OK without.
If this helps I got past this door issue the first time with with USB Backup. However after I lost the battle the door would never open again. I was able to get it to open with NeoGamma and Disc backup again even if I lost. However after I won the battle for the first time the wii froze and now I have the same issue with disc as USB. Door won't even put up a code to try it just glows. I suspect something now with the save file.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JerJer said:
If this helps I got past this door issue the first time with with USB Backup. However after I lost the battle the door would never open again. I was able to get it to open with NeoGamma and Disc backup again even if I lost. However after I won the battle for the first time the wii froze and now I have the same issue with disc as USB. Door won't even put up a code to try it just glows. I suspect something now with the save file.

Home button freezes with the patch? Then something is wrong, did you patch the .iso already? Which cIOS are you using?

And without patch, you can't open the door? Sounds all a bit strange to me.

QUOTE(hoosier_d @ Jun 8 2010, 01:32 AM) I am aware it needs the 6 digit disc ID and it was on the file. Thanks for any effort.

~Jer~

Maybe there's a bug in the current code, try it again once i released the next version.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
WiiPower said:
JerJer said:

Home button freezes with the patch? Then something is wrong, did you patch the .iso already? Which cIOS are you using?

And without patch, you can't open the door? Sounds all a bit strange to me.

It is working for me. Using Neogamma r8 and the wip file from r9b18. The home button freeze without the patch, but works fine with the patch applied. I haven't played the game much so I don't know about the door.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
beta 19 AAAA

Now .gct files with 4 and 6 digits of the disc id are accepted. If NeoGamma still says no codes found, the file is either not there, or there's a sd card problem

Hmm, another reason for not finding the file could be write protection of the sd card.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
2 incompatible GC titles I have come across :
'Summoner 2' is silent in most cutscenes, and also it quite often resets the Wii, when going between loading zones (ie./ one area to another & map travel.)

'Starfox Adventures' has missing audio in every cutscene.

These games do the above on any loader, with all mios out so far (on multigame discs, on single discs and as 3gb iso's, processed through fstfix.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk