Not open for further replies.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For starters I have a SOFTMOD only Wii, cios38_rev15, NeoGammaR8 Beta12 and am trying to run NSMB from Disc.

I have read a few accounts about people being able to play NSMB on disc with NeoGamma which I cannot produce no matter if I try a patched or unpatched disc. On a whim I tried it with just cios38_rev14 (after uninstalling) and I get the same result, green screen then some graphical garbage and menu reboot. Is there something I am missing?

However, during my trails I have found that after installing cios38_rev15 on top of rev14, the #001 error using NeoGammaR8 and just rev15 playing 'The Conduit' is now gone. Not sure if it fixes the #001 error on all affected games but it certainly did for my copy of The Conduit.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to send out a very BIG THANK YOU to all three of you fellas, @icpmattj, @Concept211 and @calc, for helping out in making those GREAT LOOKING forwarder channels and yes they both work well
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

UrbanWarFare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NSMB boots just fine from dvd on my modded wii

4.2U system menu
main.dol patched NSMB
NeoGamma R8 Beta 12

no problems been playing it since yesterday. Burned two copies one for me and one for my neighbor both same setup and both play fine.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UrbanWarFare said:

4.2U system menu
main.dol patched NSMB
NeoGamma R8 Beta 12

no problems been playing it since yesterday. Burned two copies one for me and one for my neighbor both same setup and both play fine.

What cios you using Rev14 or Rev15?

UrbanWarFare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
UrbanWarFare said:

4.2U system menu
main.dol patched NSMB
NeoGamma R8 Beta 12

Rev14 sorry forgot to include that in my post

also I'll be testing to see if the channel concept posted works for launching the NSMB via DvD as well

Edit: just installed the NeoGamma R8 beta 12 channel posted by concept and it boots NSMB from the channel with no problem

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UrbanWarFare said:
icpmattj said:
UrbanWarFare said:

4.2U system menu
main.dol patched NSMB
NeoGamma R8 Beta 12

Rev14 sorry forgot to include that in my post

also I'll be testing to see if the channel concept posted works for launching the NSMB via DvD as well

Edit: just installed the NeoGamma R8 beta 12 channel posted by concept and it boots NSMB from the channel with no problem

What settings are you using in NeoGamma?

Because im Rev 14 and neogamma r8b12 and it green screens on me from dvd.

What version of the main.dol patch game did you download? You remember the name of it? or what site its on.

Im starting to think theres only one good version of the game that will work from burnt disc with no modchip.
I looked around and it seems that it uses some different kind of patch on the iso itself and that's why its working and others aren't.

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Im starting to think theres only one good version of the game that will work from burnt disc with no modchip.
I looked around and it seems that it uses some different kind of patch on the iso itself and that's why its working and others aren't.
What version do you mean? :3

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think everybody claiming to play NSMB from disc with NeoGamma have either the new patch applied or they use a modchip. Prove me wrong.

riahc3 said:
Here is to hoping that beta 13 will fix all NSMBW problems, from USB, SD and disk loading.

I will look at the new patch available. Until then, you can just use cIOSrev15 + SoftChip r101 and turn off the Sam & Max fix there. You just have to patch the disc before burning to get it to work in SoftChip.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm I am on 4.0U and I am also using a scrubbed version of NSMB. That is the only difference.

An older system menu should matter should it?

EDIT: Thanks WiiPower I am glad I am not the only one who can't reproduce the results.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrainerAbu said:
icpmattj said:
What version do you mean? :3

Google this

New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND

This is a small fix for the new protection nintendo added.
It was quite easy to make with ImageDiff and allows you to
fix the protection. Basically it's the same as the
main.dol replacememt method that has been floating around
with a much easier to apply method of patching. This fix
completly removes the protection not like the fix before
that doesnt work with the softmod and CiosCorp. Can be played
with softmods, Modchips, USB Loaders, etc. Don't forget to
have the IOS 53 trucha bug signed for this game.

I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens.I can play the game fine from usb and have so for over a week now and even beat it tonight but i would like to see it work from a disc as well for friends of mine without hard drives.

$p00ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an error with the NeoGamma R8b3: Error #0001 unauthorized device detected.

Game: Anno Create a New World
cIOS: IOS038 rev15 by Waninkoko-kun

I also have the cIOS 222 and 223 by Hermès and the original IOS patched with the cIOSCORP v3.3.
I launch the game from the DVD (backup DVD).
The game is working with other loaders (working both from the patched Wii Disc channel and from Gecko 1.9.3).

Edit: Well, it seems to be a cIOS rev15 problem.
The same game with NeoGamma R8b3 and cIOS rev14 is working fine.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I will look at the new patch available. Until then, you can just use cIOSrev15 + SoftChip r101 and turn off the Sam & Max fix there. You just have to patch the disc before burning to get it to work in SoftChip.
Thanks. There is too many information that conflicts with each other.

I see the "patch" floating around is for USA not for PAL. Where is a PAL patch?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
riahc3 said:
WiiPower said:
Thanks. There is too many information that conflicts with each other.

I see the "patch" floating around is for USA not for PAL. Where is a PAL patch?

The PAL patch was released before the NTSC patch.

If you look into NeoGamma's source(apploader.c), you will find the PAL and NTSC patch pattern that allows playing on usb loaders. There are new patches around that allow playing from disc too, well i think they do.

Concept211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks icpmattj!
smile.gif

Now I get the forwarder channels and understand why they are better. From here on out, I'll update the wad you created with the latest builds of NeoGamma and my graphics. Could you tell me exactly how you created this new wad? Did you just take the .dol from the old NeoGamma forwarder from the repository and injected it into my channel?

As for NSMB, I have the same setup as UrbanWarFare and running cIOS Rev 14. I hear Rev 15 does not work with NeoGamma R8 b12 at the moment.

P.S....do you happen to be a juggalo?
wink.gif

Concept211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I think everybody claiming to play NSMB from disc with NeoGamma have either the new patch applied or they use a modchip. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, actually I do have the WiiKey v1 modchip in mine. But if i try loading NSMB by itself, the chip won't run it. i get the "unauthorized device detected" error. I have cIOS rev 14 installed and I patched the NTSC iso with the main.dol file and run your NeoGamma R8 b12 and it works perfectly from the DVD.

Also, let me know if you're interested in having me redo your graphic for the NeoGamma GUI. Just let me know the dimensions you need and i'll post it here.

thanks

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I won't change the graphics, i'm busy with lots of other stuff and i like the current graphics. Anyways, it's heavily limited what you can do, you could replace the banner at the top(very easy), and change the colors on the menu. Changing it so another background color should be possible, but i'm not sure how much changes are required for that. It's open source, feel free to release a mod with changed graphics.

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Concept211 said:
mp2609 said:
@ Concept211.

That channel really is awesome. Any chance you could make one like that for NeoGamma R7? No worries if you can't, was just wondering
smile.gif

I suppose I could...I just don't understand why you wouldn't use the latest version??

Edit: Well, whatever tickles your pickle...here is R7 w/ the new graphics:
Download: NeoGamma R7 (Channel)

Thank you very much
bow.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Concept211 said:
Thanks icpmattj!
smile.gif

Now I get the forwarder channels and understand why they are better. From here on out, I'll update the wad you created with the latest builds of NeoGamma and my graphics. Could you tell me exactly how you created this new wad? Did you just take the .dol from the old NeoGamma forwarder from the repository and injected it into my channel?

As for NSMB, I have the same setup as UrbanWarFare and running cIOS Rev 14. I hear Rev 15 does not work with NeoGamma R8 b12 at the moment.

P.S....do you happen to be a juggalo?
wink.gif

All i did was take your wad file and used customizeMii 1.0 and put the forwarder dol inside it and then made a new wad.

I don't like the term juggalo im just a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo