NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator

prism1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the people who got Metal Slug 3 to work, which bios did you use? I keep on getting corrupt graphic even though I tried multiple roms. I'm using a M3 Real.

Rock Howard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Marv said:
Some games will only work with specified bioses. For example, Garou Mark of the Wolves when converted with -bios1 freezes on 6th battle, converting this game with -bios3 removes that problem.
Strange, I've patched it with bios3 and it still doesn't work...

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
prism1029 said:
For the people who got Metal Slug 3 to work, which bios did you use? I keep on getting corrupt graphic even though I tried multiple roms. I'm using a M3 Real.

I used the default one (just putting the roms in same folder as the converter, and double clicking on the converter doesnt ask you to use a bios, it just converts them automaticly) and Metal Slug 3 runs very nicely. 45fps when there is big explosion and lots of stuff happening... other than that the game runs perfectly (sound and everything).

Truly the most impressive emulator on the DS... cant even make SNES runs correctly that NeoGeo runs great. Go figure!

aesir

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperview.com.ve
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello guys, hope u can help me with this one. (i use R4)

I have the neogeo bios (even with the universal 2.2), i also have a backup rom of last blade 2 that woks on MAME the only problem is i´m getting this error again an again when i try to convert the rom file in his .neo form:

Missing fileOpening ROM file: 243-si.bin
Missing fileOpening ROM file: sfix.sfx
(and so on)

soo i have a bad rom or i have to try all that neodsconvert -biosx that exist?

i have a mac and is a pain to convert this file!!!!!!! (no mac converter)

BTW when i put the rom in the ds im only getting a black screen, i really want to try this out

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Can someone please tell how to convert svcplus.zip? NeoDsConvert.exe just ignores it, probably due to the fact that it is an expansion of svc.zip.

Step-by-step guide will be appreciated, I want all unlockable characters from the start. Unless Uni-bios has cheats for that kind of stuff.

If so, someone want to me how convert games with uni-bios. Thanks

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aesir said:
I have the neogeo bios (even with the universal 2.2), i also have a backup rom of last blade 2 that woks on MAME the only problem is i´m getting this error again an again when i try to convert the rom file in his .neo form:

(and so on)

You have a "bad" ROM. Could just be that the files have the wrong names or they could actually be the wrong ROM dumps. You'd have to cross check the CRC32 data as shown in the neodrvr.cpp file in the NeoDsConverter source against the CRCs of the files in your Last Blade 2 ROM to see how they match up.

khan said:
Can someone please tell how to convert svcplus.zip? NeoDsConvert.exe just ignores it, probably due to the fact that it is an expansion of svc.zip.

Step-by-step guide will be appreciated, I want all unlockable characters from the start. Unless Uni-bios has cheats for that kind of stuff.
The Uni-BIOS has cheats to unlock characters for many games, but I don't know about SvC Chaos in particular. You should be able to convert svcplus.zip as long as you also have the svc.zip parent ROM in the same directory.

The instructions for using the UniBIOS that I posted on the previous page are working for me and most other people. Dunno why Slave is having a problem. EDIT: Actually maybe you should rename Universe BIOS to uni-bios.11 instead of UNI-BIOS.11, like I wrote. Not sure the converter is case sensitive, but it's all I can think of.

...word is bondage...

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
So far, i've tried Metal Slug 1 and 2, and NAM-1975, which all work near flawlessly! MS2 is slightly slower, but still very playable. MS1 plays near perfect, but slows when theres a lot of action, NAM is perfect!! I just couldn't get Samurai Shodown working, guess it didn't recognise the set. Wonderful work ingram, keep it up!! Thank you
smile.gif

Shidori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Samurai Shodown works perfect!

For those who have problems with a game that supposed to work, just try another dump. The bios issue with NeoDsConvert.exe is fixed now with v01.1a; if you don't want the bios1 by default use another one, and take a look at the README file, everything is explained!

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMMIT... i cannot get the universal bios to work on any rom.. it just doesnt convert them, and i have vista so it goes retarded when i try to open command prompt(I just use a bat file i wrote, open it and it opens the neodsconvert.exe and it closes real fast but it converts.... all cmd windows get closed after they finish their job so i cannot read the error it says) Anyone have an idea on how to convert it easier on vista or have a step by step guide?
BTW do not say blah blah blah ur rom is the wrong set... because its not i can patch it with other bioses but not with the universal bios

chaos_kontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
aesir said:

(and so on)

You have a "bad" ROM. Could just be that the files have the wrong names or they could actually be the wrong ROM dumps. You'd have to cross check the CRC32 data as shown in the neodrvr.cpp file in the NeoDsConverter source against the CRCs of the files in your Last Blade 2 ROM to see how they match up.

khan said:

The Uni-BIOS has cheats to unlock characters for many games, but I don't know about SvC Chaos in particular. You should be able to convert svcplus.zip as long as you also have the svc.zip parent ROM in the same directory.

The instructions for using the UniBIOS that I posted on the previous page are working for me and most other people. Dunno why Slave is having a problem. EDIT: Actually maybe you should rename Universe BIOS to uni-bios.11 instead of UNI-BIOS.11, like I wrote. Not sure the converter is case sensitive, but it's all I can think of.

...word is bondage...

To put SVC and SVC Plus together, have both rars in the folder with the converter, and then convert. Worked for me >.>

residentskitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet app! Metal slug 3 and 5 both work for me, and are playable. didnt try to beat them yet tho so i dont know if they work all the way.

there is a bit of slowdown in certain places, but if any of you guys have actually played a real neogeo arcade machine with metal slug, it slows down during alot of action on the original arcade machine too.

prism1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the roms, I change load them, but the graphics are always corrupt, I've tried Metal Slug X,3, and Aero Wings 3 and from multiple sites. I am using a M3 Real.

Edit: It seems that the RAM expansion for the M3Real was causing the graphic corruptions, removing it fixes the problem.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the next few nights/week i'm going to start running through all the neogeo roms i have (pretty much all of them) and seeing which bios works with which rom for best play (i'm on an SC-DSone w/ an EZ3in1), but i don't have internet running at my apt right now (hopefully it'll be up and running again w/in the next few weeks hehe). So, if anyone knows of a good way to get this listed on the web (wiki maybe?) and would be interested to get it up and started for the time being, i'd just need a quick place to post my findings (i only have the net at work, and i don't get tons of time on it to get things up and running heh).

PM me or post in here for thoughts
smile.gif

ps: Wind Jammers, MS1, World Heros 1 and Crossed Swords are working flawlessly w/ the standard convert .exe that comes with the emu
smile.gif

Does anyone have a listing of all neogeo roms w/ their file names? i have them all thrown in with my mame collection, so i don't know which is which at a glance. I can probably find a work-around for it, but it'd take a while. Thanks
smile.gif
)

gbands

Trophies
XP
Country
Rock Howard said:
Marv said:
Some games will only work with specified bioses. For example, Garou Mark of the Wolves when converted with -bios1 freezes on 6th battle, converting this game with -bios3 removes that problem.
Strange, I've patched it with bios3 and it still doesn't work...

Same with mine. Except rather than freezing, it resets then returns me to the title screen.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a little trick I just discovered......

I was trying to convert KOF2002, Metal Slug 5 and X using bios switches through the DOS screen. MS5 worked (though it's missing the score and health bars and stuff), but the other two kept freezing or had corrupt graphics......

The trick? Put your neogeo.zip and only one game ROM at a time in your NeoDsConvert folder and just run the NeoDsConvert.exe. It will automatically choose the correct bios and it should work. For whatever reason, when I tried to convert multiple files at once by just clicking on the exe, the games would fail just like they were doing through the DOS window, but one at a time worked like a charm.

This was done using the 1.1a converter.

I also found that as far as I can tell, you don't need the neogeo.neo file on your flashcart. All the games still work anyway, so I'm assuming it's not needed.

tilopud_rye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aesir said:
Hello guys, hope u can help me with this one. (i use R4)

(and so on)

i have a mac and is a pain to convert this file!!!!!!! (no mac converter)

BTW when i put the rom in the ds im only getting a black screen, i really want to try this out

Hey that sequel uses some of the files from the first game on it; so you just ned to have the first Last Blade (1) on your DS at the same time so it can feed from the common files.
grog.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much, you MUST use the parent ROM as that will contain the necessary files for the game.. That generally means using the vanilla version of the game. Maybe you could blend the rom files together to get your "special" version.......but I haven't tried that yet. Gonna be ordering another 2gig just for homebrew soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8