• Views 301,050
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has there been any progress on making uneek able to load the NAND and games from a second FAT32 partition on a HDD (where the first partition is NTFS)? Unfortunately that's the way the HDD I have to use is setup and it can't be changed as it needs to be that way to work with another piece of equipment. I could put the NAND and games on a USB flashdrive, but of course they tend to be a lot slower than a HDD so that's not ideal (besides having to keep swapping over the HDD and flashdrive whenever I want to play a game that requires uneek).

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried r83, but GC games don't seem to work.
I moved the 00000008.app in the correct directory and backed up the original in case I need it. I also rebuilt all the caches as well.

The games show up in the menu, but when I try running them the wii shuts off.

is working fine for me, my ''only problem'' is i have bootmii @ios, so the sound is terrible, but the games are runing fine.
@[member='hellboy2010'] (and others that got DM/DML games to load), would you mind sharing what you have done exactly?
@[member='Wever'], i know you figured it out, but i would like to hear again from the others.

BTW, great vid. [member='hellboy2010'], i also embedded it on the neek2o google code page with your credits...i hope you don't mind?
I think it's a great showcase, but it could use nice background music though, because the sound is messed up with megamen X and Mario GP.

Greetz Etheboss

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I'm now experiencing something else: I get the message that my wii memory is full. Obviously, it's not really full (plenty of place on my hard drive), but it keeps telling me so. It's been a while, but I think this was the reason I never updated to r75 (and stuck with r69). Since the problem only appears if you start a new game (that'll require the creation of a new savegame) or when you start the system menu, I haven't noticed it (I don't do neither that much).
But is there a solution for this sort of situation? :unsure:

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not everyone at the same time!

Just kidding...I'm well aware how many people actually have neek2o to know what to expect. :)

After a few tests with another (modmii-generated) emulated nand, it became clear that it was something with the nand itself. More so, it must be something in the \titles\ and/or \tickets folder.

I'm not going to test reinstalling every channel, DLC or savegame, so I settled for simply creating a savegame on the new emu-nand and moving it over to my already installed one.

So...my guess is that there is a problem with neek2o when lots of things are installed. Or not properly. Or something like that. But without proper checking to pinpoint what it is, exactly...I can't really expect it to get fixed. ;)

benchlor

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm...I'm now experiencing something else: I get the message that my wii memory is full. Obviously, it's not really full (plenty of place on my hard drive), but it keeps telling me so. It's been a while, but I think this was the reason I never updated to r75 (and stuck with r69). Since the problem only appears if you start a new game (that'll require the creation of a new savegame) or when you start the system menu, I haven't noticed it (I don't do neither that much).
But is there a solution for this sort of situation? :unsure:

I've got the same issue and posted it a while back and got no answer. But I've discovered, that even some games, that have a savegame won't work, for example rock band 2 and I've even created a gamesave in realnand, and copied it over to emunand, but no go. When "autosaving" is enabled, it complains about not enough space and gives me the chance to go back to datamanagement or to continue without saving. If I continue without saving, I can start the game, but entering the music store freezes, too.

Sorry, up until now, I've got no sollution, but I'm just happy that I'm not alone :P

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To solve the 'not enough space' issue I need some testers. Therefor I wanna invite ppl that have this issue to visit our IRC channel #cdi on irc.abjects.net.

Reactions: 1 person

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was messing around this with a new NAND earlier and was wondering... is there any way to get NMM to work with DIOS MIOS in this? From what I can tell from my messing around it seems like I can either use neek2o or the official UNEEK+DI with NMM but can't get NMM with uneek2o+di. Just wanted to make sure there's not something I'm missing.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was messing around this with a new NAND earlier and was wondering... is there any way to get NMM to work with DIOS MIOS in this? From what I can tell from my messing around it seems like I can either use neek2o or the official UNEEK+DI with NMM but can't get NMM with uneek2o+di. Just wanted to make sure there's not something I'm missing.
press (1), triple click (+) and enable NMM.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
press (1), triple click (+) and enable NMM.

Oops, I feel dumb, thank you.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. About a week ago I compiled neek2o with ModMii, and finally got UNEEK+DI back up and running. I am able to load the emulated NAND on my USB drive just fine, but I have run into a few problems...

1. When I look at my installed channels, it says that I have about 137 channels installed, and most (probably about 120 of those) are listed as the Homebrew Channel. When I go into the installed channels on the Wii Settings, it lists page after page of the Homebrew Channel. It did the same thing for the Homebrew Channel save file on the Wii Saves page, but when I deleted one, it deleted all of them. I don't think it's a big deal, but I was wondering if there was any way to fix this? If it helps, I have the Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 installed, because if I remember correctly, 1.0.8 and later don't work since they would use IOS58.

2. Wii and GameCube USB loading seem to work fine. However, when I switch to a GameCube game on the UNEEK menu, it will not let me switch back to a Wii game. Everything appears to be fine until you select a channel, in which case, the System Menu will stop playing its music and just sit there. I can press the HOME button on the Wii Remote and try to reload the Wii System Menu, but it will stop on a black screen, and the drive will become unresponsive. Which leads me to the final issue...

3. I tried to move the diconfig.bin file off of my USB drive to fix the above problem by building another one through neek2o. However, it will not give me my list of games. It will remember certain settings, like when I selected for it to automatically press A at the safety screen. However, it will not remember the region that I selected, and when I select the option for it to rebuild the game cache, neek2o crashes. Is there any way to properly edit the diconfig.bin file on the computer?

If it helps, I am using a SanDisk 2GB SD card, a SeaGate 320GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive, and Revision 84 or 85 of neek2o. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also having problems with a fresh build neek2o nand from modmii.
I'm not able to set my language dutch, neek2o keep reverting back to english.
I'm unable to get an intenet connection working.
Formatting the neek 2o nand fixed that.

I used the green theme system menu, I think it's bugged somehow.
Joyflow crashes constantly, postloader crashes on browsing games.
The installed priiloader hacks do nothing .

Could this be an modmii isseu or would it purely be neek2o?
I'll try a "clean" system menu neek2o nand later.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I know there was issues with some themes being installed to an emunand on it's first boot, whereby some settings would get messed up. I was under the impression that diddy81 got all the bugs worked out with his v2 themes. I recommend you try building an emunand without any custom themes, booting the emunand, then afterwards using ModMii's emunand modifier to replace the theme. Changing the theme after the first boot of the emunand definitely should not impact performance.

ModMii 6.0.2 (partial) changelog:
  • Updated all DarkWii System Menu Themes (CSMs and System Menu WADs) to v2 (updated iplsettings to 4.3, thanks diddy81!). The only noticable change is that 4.3E Emulated NANDs with themes installed for their first boot will now also be able to accept the EULA to use the Shopping channel and WiiConnect24 (other system menu version's never experienced the problem with v1 themes).

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Change the Shopping channel country code to 94 (In the hacks overlay menu). I will change the comment of this hack in the next rev.

Older menu theme's caused trouble on 4.3 SM's because of some missing languages in iplsettings. This should be fixed in the v2 thems according to the above post by XFlak

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help here.

Want to use dios mios with virtual nand. Used modmii to make uneek+di, and put the dios mios app and di file on it, no problems so far. Boot virtual nand off usb stick using nswitch. Still no problem. Problems come when I attempt to launch a game. Gamecube games show fine in menu and in disc channel, except when I go to launch them, the wii shuts off.

This seems to screw something up, because the next time I launch, the emulated nand seems to be running slow and has coloured lines at the top and bottom of the screen. Use neek2o to switch back to real nand and all is well.

Go back to emulated and cycle repeats. First time fine, shuts wii down on game launch, second time slow with lines at top and bottom, back to original nand and repeat.

First time trying to use it, so I've probably done something wrong. Just not sure what.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd say it's a known problem, though I honestly can't tell which one's fault it is. Dios mios, uneek2o or myself for messing up my nand in some way (probably not the latter, as we're not the only ones experiencing it).

In either case: forget about the installation of the cMIOS on the emulated nand for a while. Just install the wad from dios mios's google code on your real nand. That's it.

I have honestly no idea why dios mios insists on using the (c)MIOS that's on the real nand, even if you run it from neek2o, but it does. And it works like a charm, strangely enough...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know there was issues with some themes being installed to an emunand on it's first boot, whereby some settings would get messed up. I was under the impression that diddy81 got all the bugs worked out with his v2 themes. I recommend you try building an emunand without any custom themes, booting the emunand, then afterwards using ModMii's emunand modifier to replace the theme. Changing the theme after the first boot of the emunand definitely should not impact performance.

ModMii 6.0.2 (partial) changelog:
  • Updated all DarkWii System Menu Themes (CSMs and System Menu WADs) to v2 (updated iplsettings to 4.3, thanks diddy81!). The only noticable change is that 4.3E Emulated NANDs with themes installed for their first boot will now also be able to accept the EULA to use the Shopping channel and WiiConnect24 (other system menu version's never experienced the problem with v1 themes).
Change the Shopping channel country code to 94 (In the hacks overlay menu). I will change the comment of this hack in the next rev.

Older menu theme's caused trouble on 4.3 SM's because of some missing languages in iplsettings. This should be fixed in the v2 thems according to the above post by XFlak
Thanx guys! phew!

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wiiflow will replace JoYflow from now on ;)

i'm on neek2o r88.
when i start wiiflow r588, it says it needs the cios.
so i wanted installed 249/56.
after that i tried to start wiiflow, but in the middle of the wiiflow loading screen, the drive was blinking constantly and since then i couldnt start my neek2o setup anymore.
the drive keeps blinking instantly after the drive is recognized. how can i get my setup to work again? where's the neek tmp folder, that i can delete?

edit: on my real nand wiiflow works perfectly fine, with the starting options to install games or to choose a partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up