• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The bug is that it doesn't use the emulated MIOS (assuming it works for some to begin with...I can't remember reading from someone with neek2o who got it working that way)

Just install the DM wad on your real nand. That'll get it working.
(there's no need for that .app in the correct place either)
It seems the xNEEK download for DIOS MIOS has been deprecated: http://code.google.c.../downloads/list . I wonder what this means…
It prolly means that there is a problem with it...we will have to wait until it is corrected.
i hope he does soon, Overjoy already did a test with the latest DM, compiled it for neek2o, this version seems to work now for the ppl that had trouble with previous versions.

Reactions: 1 person

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How can i make neek2o rev 90 easly?
Easy there, fellow. If you're not experiencing problems, it's best to just go with modmii and have it precompiled and ready for you. And that r90 I mentioned earlier isn't released: it's an internal beta. You'll find the latest released versions here. Rev88 has all the options you'll need.

As for compiling: it's not much different from compiling regular uneek+DI. All you have to do is replace the files in the \sneek folder with the ones from the package in the link I mentioned. Then run sneekinstaller to generate the necessary files.

For further details, you can always join IRC: #cdi channel on abjects. :)

@Etheboss: does that mean there's an updated version of neek2o as well? From my tests, neek2o simply seemed to ignore the xNEEK versions of DM(L) and go directly to the main MIOS (never tested with regular UNEEK+DI). :unsure:

intermet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Easy there, fellow. If you're not experiencing problems, it's best to just go with modmii and have it precompiled and ready for you. And that r90 I mentioned earlier isn't released: it's an internal beta. You'll find the latest released versions here. Rev88 has all the options you'll need.

As for compiling: it's not much different from compiling regular uneek+DI. All you have to do is replace the files in the \sneek folder with the ones from the package in the link I mentioned. Then run sneekinstaller to generate the necessary files.

@[member='Etheboss']: does that mean there's an updated version of neek2o as well? From my tests, neek2o simply seemed to ignore the xNEEK versions of DM(L) and go directly to the main MIOS (never tested with regular UNEEK+DI). :unsure:
Thank you.
But with rev88 built with modmii i am not able to run gc games.
Dios mios is installed on my real nand and i don't touch emunand.
I can see dios mios splash screen but it launch my game in driver ?
Can you help me?

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

@Etheboss: does that mean there's an updated version of neek2o as well? From my tests, neek2o simply seemed to ignore the xNEEK versions of DM(L) and go directly to the main MIOS (never tested with regular UNEEK+DI). :unsure:
Uhh, yep, Overjoy had to update the di.bin as well, but it is not officially released.
He will prolly do that within a few days i think.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the best way to dump my current real NAND to use with neek, as I can't seem to get it to boot using the NAND built with ModMii (it'd have the advantage of the controllers being synced, WiFi setup, etc as well)

Once I've got the dump, can I just replace the folders in nands\pl_eu, namely shared1, sys, ticket and title with those folders from the dump?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The best way is most likely using bootmii to backup your nand to SD, then extracting that one big file into the \shared1, sys, ... folder structure with showmiiwads.

And yes, you can replace those folders with the ones from your dump. But to be honest...I think a modmii-generated nand has equally if not more chance of working as your real nand (yes, the real nand contains all your savegames, miis, channels and config so I understand why you want to use it. However, if it doesn't work with a modmii nand, this isn't making steps towards solving it).

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. One of the reasons I thought it might help is I saw it was suggested to take the cert.sys from the Real NAND if the emuNAND isn't booting. I'm assuming if I was using the dumped Real NAND, there'd be no need to wait 5-20 minutes for it to initialise the first time either. I've certainly left it for 5-10 minutes and just had a black screen and I never had to wait like this when I got it working once before some time ago, but if I use the dumped NAND and it's not booting, at least I'll know it's because I haven't waited long enough.

I only had time to try neek+di yesterday and just got the black screen. Last time I tried neek2o+di/uneek2o+di and just got the drive light flashing but I was trying to boot from the SD with bootmii then, whereas yesterday I just launched (or tried to) sneek+di with the neek2o channel.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you plan to upgrade Uneek2o+DI to be compatible with DM v2.2+?
Works fine with DM v2.0-3d but v2.2+ returns: "area! Al error app_entry is not within the apploader" (without a disc in the drive).
With a disc in the drive only boot the disc (GCN).

Indeed, the kernel.bin (SD) of rev88 for BootMii in boot2 not work.
However the kernel of rev84 works fine and you can have everything of rev88 in the usb.

Thanks to all the devs who work and worked on Neek.
It's a fantastic piece of software.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@[member='Etheboss']: does that mean there's an updated version of neek2o as well? From my tests, neek2o simply seemed to ignore the xNEEK versions of DM(L) and go directly to the main MIOS (never tested with regular UNEEK+DI). :unsure:
With Neek2o+DI and bootmii in boot2 at least, uses the version of DM for Neek+DI in the emu-nand.
See my post above.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@[member='tmv_josue'] & @[member='Wever']: OverjoY decided to split the up and coming r90 in a usb and a sd kernel di..

R90 should solve some problems with DM(L)..

Only thing is, i don't know when he is ready and when he will upload r90...maybe you can ask him on IRC.

Edited, i was corrected by OverjoY, LOL.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the hint [member='Etheboss'].

I managed to run DM2.2-update2 xNeek+DI.
I have in the SD the kernel.bin of r84 (for bootmii in boot2) and in the USB the kernel of r88 + di.bin of DM2.2u2 + BC (00000008.app) of DM2.2u2, and it worked.

The trouble is sometimes turns off the wii or start the disc game in the dvd drive and worst of all is that it doesn't recognize the games without bi2.bin, boot.bin and apploader.img (in the sys folder), damn.
Definitely i'll wait the rev90 of neek2o.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I managed to run DM2.2-update2 xNeek+DI.
I have in the SD the kernel.bin of r84 (for bootmii in boot2) and in the USB the kernel of r88 + di.bin of DM2.2u2 + BC (00000008.app) of DM2.2u2, and it worked.
I tried that some pages back. However, this just effectively loads r84.

The internal beta of r90, as it stands, works on bootmii @boot2. Priiloader, however, does not*. As for DM...it's getting worked on, but it's not there yet.

*it's something about it using the same memory as neek2o.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The normal sneek kernel doesn't allow applications to approach the sd card, as it's used for the nand emulation.
The esmodule-sdon.elf has this restriction turned off.
It's recommended not to write to the sd card as it will likely interfer with the nand emulation and can corrupt the sd card contents.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry if this is a noobish question or was recently answered, but how do we do the whole neek2o without an SD card thing?
What version of neek2o? I guess Uneek2o+DI.
It's ease and safe build it with Modmii:
s, 3, 1, ud, enter, enter (or enter the drive letter for the USB stuff), choose the region of your wii, 4.3,
Choose the apps will have your emu-nand,
type the serial,
choose the channels wiil have your emu-nand,
y.
That's all.

You don't need the things of COPY_TO_SD folder,
You only need the things of COPY_TO_USB folder (nands and SNEEK folders) at the root of the first partition of your HDD (FAT32 with 32KB clusters)

Now, to launch Uneek2o+DI you need the nswitch1.0 app to launch it through HBC or install a channel of Neek2o:
http://code.google.c...%20.wad&can=2=
(the channel must also be in the ...\COPY_TO_SD\WAD\ folder that Modimii created)

Sorry for my bad english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: