• Views 299,703
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

berbere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that doesn't mean that your WD 500 GB My Passport Essential is compatible. WD ext. hdd's come in a lot of different flavours. WD changes the hardware a lot without changing the name.
I know the only way to be 100% sure is to test it but I followed the link to the newegg site, and there it was, my hdd model, only in blue.

I searched the drive for the files you mentioned: none found. Incompatible drive, isn't it so?

sdid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Excuse for my bad english...

Just for ask, I use uneek+DI with Lacie hdd 500Go and I remarked this hdd work fine but only after second reboot of the wii.
I think that the wii detect correctly the hdd when the motor disc is started. When the wii do the first starting, the hdd start most slowly and when i power off the wii and i power up immediately it, the hdd start most speedly and it detected by wii.

I think that if in armboot program, one delay was add, the hdd will be almost detected in the first wii boot.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do you boot into uneek? Is your wii having bootmii@[member='boot2490'] so that it boots automatically into uneek?
In that case, remove the sd card and boot the wii. Insert the sd card, wait a few seconds and launch bootmii from the homebrew channel.
Does it work like that? It's the same as adding the delay in the armboot, that's why I want to know.

Bonjour,

comment est ce que tu fais la démarage de uneek? Si tu as bootmii@boot2, essais une démarrage sans carte sd. Mis la carte est fait une démarrage de bootmii avec le homebrew channel.

C'est le même que démarrer avec une délais. Si ca marche, on peut faire quelque chose.

Merci.

sdid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I try tonight but it seems that work.

In any case, I'm surethefollowing action work fine:
wii power down
sdcard ejected
start wii and wait the menu screen
insert sdcard
push reset button
==> hdd detected.

PS: I have bootmii@boot2

Regards.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have priiloader, you can try to install priibootergui > in priiloader. It will allow to boot directly into neek2o, but after initializing the hdd (and without any sd in the wii) ;)

sdid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have priiloader, you can try to install priibootergui > in priiloader. It will allow to boot directly into neek2o, but after initializing the hdd (and without any sd in the wii) ;)
It's not a problem for me this "mini-bug" hdd, I signal this just to help maybe somebody. ;)

Regards

Link615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using neek2o as SNEEK, I'm sure I have everything in the right place, but I just get a black screen every time I boot up the neek2o channel. The DVD Drive doesn't blink or anything.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using neek2o as SNEEK, I'm sure I have everything in the right place, but I just get a black screen every time I boot up the neek2o channel. The DVD Drive doesn't blink or anything.
do you mean sneek2o? or uneek2o as sneek. if using sneek2o i think the channels would launch, but not sure if the launch dol for the two are the same. i havent played with sneek 2o at all so not sure. i know there are files that are different in the sneek folder(armboot.bin). so you might want to try an make a sneek2o an try that.(this can be done on google code page for neek2o/or modmii.)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
he said he's using neek2o as SNEEK, so he's using "sneek2o".

@[member='Link615'],
AFAIK sneek2o+di still has issues, but you never mentioned whether you're using sneek2o+di or just sneek2o. If you're using sneek2o+di you may want to try regular sneek+di instead of sneek2o+di or try sneek(2o), uneek(2o) or uneek(2o)+di.

Also, you should note that booting up a fresh emulated NAND for the first time could take 5-20 minutes to expand files and such. So even though you're getting a "blackscreen", you should continue waiting as it might still be quietly working.

Link615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak
I'm using sneek2o without DI and I'm getting a black screen. I've waited for even longer than what you said and I still get a black screen. Do you think my BootMii backup NAND would work? Could I copy that NAND into my SD Card and use it as my NAND?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
have you checked the nand folder before and after the blackscreen to see if any new files\folders were created? Have you tried booting the same emunand more than once (sometimes it gets halfway but won't finish expanding files\loading the menu until the second attempt).

Yes, you can definitely use an extracted dump of your real nand. Most people have lots of success doing that, but for me personally that method fails and the ModMii emunands always work.

Also, do you have a usb hdd plugged into the wii when you're trying to load sneek? If so, try removing it because if the neek2o channel finds files on the usb hdd for uneek, it will attempt to load that before checking for your sneek installation.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he said he's using neek2o as SNEEK, so he's using "sneek2o".

@[member='Link615'],
AFAIK sneek2o+di still has issues, but you never mentioned whether you're using sneek2o+di or just sneek2o. If you're using sneek2o+di you may want to try regular sneek+di instead of sneek2o+di or try sneek(2o), uneek(2o) or uneek(2o)+di.

Also, you should note that booting up a fresh emulated NAND for the first time could take 5-20 minutes to expand files and such. So even though you're getting a "blackscreen", you should continue waiting as it might still be quietly working.
my bad, should say sneek2o, gets confusing when there are two different ones, an they call both neek2o. that's like calling a Porsche a Volkswagen.( yes i know Porsche started out as a suped up vw back in the 40'-70's..)

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get neek2o to work using sneek+di.

When I load the channel it says "Loading please wait" very briefly then it just hangs at a black screen. What am I doing wrong.

I used modmii to get all the things I need.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Need some help here. I used the latest modmii to create a sneek+DI installation for neek2o. I installed the neek2o wad and it runs but I get stuck at the menu when the Wii prompts me to press the "A" button to sync the controller. From there I cannot proceed as the controller doesn't respond (as if it gets disconnected) :(

I initially tested a 500gb FAT32 HDD with 16kb cluster format. Got stuck at a black screen. 2nd time, I used a 1gb thumbdrive (fat32/16kb).. shows me the press "A" button screen and wiimote gets disconnected. Now I'm going to try a 4gb (fat32/32kb).. wish me luck :(

Crap, got stuck at a black screen again.. :(
I used neek2o build 80 if that's stable. And mine's a hardmodded Wii with 4.1J so my emulated nand is 4.3J. AFAIK, since it's the same region I do not know why I get a black screen or what's causing my wiimote to lose sync..

This is what's inside my SDcard root folder :

zlrink.png

I also assume that I need to create a wbfs folder in my USB/HDD drive and copy a *.wbfs game inside for neek2o to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: