• Views 301,653
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOTE: You can name folders for fst extracted games in the /games folder anything that you want (game name for example). This isn't limited to be the GameID. The max name length of a folder is 63 characters

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello All,

I am grateful for your help!

Looks like you build sneek+di. Basically, the easiest way to migrate from the older sneek is renaming your sd:/sneek folder and usb:/sneek folder.
Copy the modmii COPY_TO_SD/sneek folder to your sd card, and things should work like they did with normal sneek.
On the usb drive, you only need your games folder and / or a wbfs folder.
In the sneek folder, you should have kernel.bin, di.bin and font.bin.
When you first run sneek, it should add a diconfig.bin file containing your games.
It will also add a sneekcache folder with a channelcache.bin file in it.

The games in your usb:/games folder are all in subfolders. Those subfolders are the 6 digit unique id of the game.
You can find tools on Internet, or simply google for a game id, and it will point you to the name and description of the game.

Most people use the wbfs format for their games. In such a case, you have to place the game in the wbfs folder on the usb drive.
Games in wbfs format are easier to maintain and aren't that much bigger than fst (discex extracted) ones.

Before I test this, I have some clarifications on the USB folders. My previous folders in my USB root are 'games' (Where I put all my old FTS converted games) and 'sneek' (With diconfig.bin file only), and now I am planning to add the wbfs folder (For the other games I will convert using WiiBackupManager).

Question: Do I need any other files/folder in my USB??? You mentioned that "In the sneek folder, you should have kernel.bin, di.bin and font.bin.", I am not sure if you are referring to the SD sneek folder which I have these files. Please advise.

Thank you very much!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I am grateful for your help!

Looks like you build sneek+di. Basically, the easiest way to migrate from the older sneek is renaming your sd:/sneek folder and usb:/sneek folder.
Copy the modmii COPY_TO_SD/sneek folder to your sd card, and things should work like they did with normal sneek.
In the sneek folder, you should have kernel.bin, di.bin and font.bin.
When you first run sneek, it should add a diconfig.bin file containing your games.
It will also add a sneekcache folder with a channelcache.bin file in it.

The games in your usb:/games folder are all in subfolders. Those subfolders are the 6 digit unique id of the game.
You can find tools on Internet, or simply google for a game id, and it will point you to the name and description of the game.

Most people use the wbfs format for their games. In such a case, you have to place the game in the wbfs folder on the usb drive.
Games in wbfs format are easier to maintain and aren't that much bigger than fst (discex extracted) ones.

Before I test this, I have some clarifications on the USB folders. My previous folders in my USB root are 'games' (Where I put all my old FTS converted games) and 'sneek' (With diconfig.bin file only), and now I am planning to add the wbfs folder (For the other games I will convert using WiiBackupManager).

Question: Do I need any other files/folder in my USB??? You mentioned that "In the sneek folder, you should have kernel.bin, di.bin and font.bin.", I am not sure if you are referring to the SD sneek folder which I have these files. Please advise.

Thank you very much!
the way it should be set up.(i'm going off mine,an the way mine is working.). on the usb hd. you should have. games/wbfs folder. then sneek folder with kernel,di,an font .bin.(your other . bins will be made in this folder upon first launch). an nand folder. (nand 1, nand2 .ect.).. on the sd card in that sneek folder you should only have kernal. an in the SD BOOTMII folder is the arm.bin. (i have this set up with bootmii so i don't have to redo any thing for bootmii when doing a nand dump.).
i hope this helps an like i say each to their own, some will say you don't need it set up like this.(bootmii folder). but this is what works for me.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ocihc80:
You have it setup correctly for SNEEK+DI. You would even be safe deleting the sneek folder on your USB, since the diconfig.bin file will be recreated the next time sneek is started (and I'm pretty sure it goes on the sd card). The kernel.bin and other files people are telling you to put on your USB drive should only go there if you are using UNEEK, which you are not and can safely ignore.

Here is how your files should be setup:
Filestructure for SNEEK DI:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\sneek\di.bin
sd:\sneek\kernel.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)
sd:\sneek\font.bin
NAND
sd:\import
sd:\meta
sd:\shared1
sd:\shared2
sd:\temp
sd:\title
sd:\ticket
sd:\sys

usb:\games\a_game example: usb:\games\RMGE01
usb:\wbfs (for use with neek2o, if you want it)
Need at least one game in one of these folders for SNEEK+DI to boot.

Gotten from http://gbatemp.net/t...di-quick-guide/

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Crazycaveman is right about the setup. The other stuff on the usb drive is only needed in case of uneek and uneek2o.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@ocihc80:
You have it setup correctly for SNEEK+DI. You would even be safe deleting the sneek folder on your USB, since the diconfig.bin file will be recreated the next time sneek is started (and I'm pretty sure it goes on the sd card). The kernel.bin and other files people are telling you to put on your USB drive should only go there if you are using UNEEK, which you are not and can safely ignore.

Here is how your files should be setup:
Filestructure for SNEEK DI:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\sneek\di.bin
sd:\sneek\kernel.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)
sd:\sneek\font.bin
NAND
sd:\import
sd:\meta
sd:\shared1
sd:\shared2
sd:\temp
sd:\title
sd:\ticket
sd:\sys

usb:\games\a_game example: usb:\games\RMGE01
usb:\wbfs (for use with neek2o, if you want it)
Need at least one game in one of these folders for SNEEK+DI to boot.

Gotten from http://gbatemp.net/t...di-quick-guide/
Crazycaveman is right about the setup. The other stuff on the usb drive is only needed in case of uneek and uneek2o.

Hello Crazyman & Obcd,

I copied the files from Modmii COPY_TO_SD to my SD and when I got a message merge or replace I just said OK to all... Then I checked my file structure and everything is fine except that my USB wbfs folder is setup like this: usb:\wbfs\a_game\Main_wbfs_file

When I tried to launch it thru Bootmii (IOS) for the 1st time, I just got black screen and I waited up to 10mins but nothing happens (I read that it should only takes 3-5mins). Its like my wii is NOT reading my SD and USB. I am sure that before I upgrade my SNEEK+DI, all is working well....

Any suggestion what went wrong? I tried 2 more times, but get the same result (I tried to change the firmware I chose in Modmii, 4.3U to 4.2U. My previous SNEEK+DI firmware was 4.2U).

Many thanks for your help...

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
usb:/gameid/gameid.wbfs is a valid game format. Other names are not allowed.
Can you give me the contents of your sneek folder after you ran it once?

Did you merge the nand folders as well?

What exactly did you select in modmii? Did you just build sneek+di or did you create a new nand as well?

Merging the bootmii folder shouldn't be a problem. Merging the nand folders is a bad idea.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
usb:/gameid/gameid.wbfs is a valid game format. Other names are not allowed.
Can you give me the contents of your sneek folder after you ran it once?

+++Do you mean: usb:/wbfs/gameid.wbfs? What I currently have isusb:/wbfs/gameid/gameid.wbfs
+++I did not change any name after I converted it with WiiBackupManager. I just copied the folder created by it, and put it at WBFS folder.

+++My sneek folder contents are: di.bin, kernel.bin, font.bin and rev.txt

Did you merge the nand folders as well?

+++What do you mean nand folders (Sorry for being noob)? are you refererring to the folder under COPY_TO_SD name "nands"? I all merge and copied the folders under COPY_TO_SD to my SD root. FYI, when I checked my original files on my SD before updating, I did not see any 'nands' or 'nand' folder BUT I have a nand.bin

What exactly did you select in modmii? Did you just build sneek+di or did you create a new nand as well?

+++I selected the following: S = Sneek inst..., 3 = all the above, SD = Sneek+DI, D = Default COPY_TO_SD, U = USA, 4.3/4.2(I tried both) and the rest are yes, DML and all.

Merging the bootmii folder shouldn't be a problem. Merging the nand folders is a bad idea.

+++Can you tell me more about this please? becasue after I performed the Modmii I only got 3 folders: COPY_TO_SD, Support(I did not do anything about this) and Temp (I did not do anything about this).

My answer are with +++ sign inside the quote. Thanks for your prompt reply!

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't have a nands folder before, you don't have to worry about the nands being merged. As for having your wbfs folder set up like you have it, that should work, according to the first post. Do you just have one nand in your nands folder? Also, have you tried the nswitch homebrew app? I don't know if that would work any better, but you could try it.

Edit: I'm also curious if you renamed the bootmiineek folder to bootmii before you booted bootmii ios

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you didn't have a nands folder before, you don't have to worry about the nands being merged. As for having your wbfs folder set up like you have it, that should work, according to the first post. Do you just have one nand in your nands folder? Also, have you tried the nswitch homebrew app? I don't know if that would work any better, but you could try it.

Edit: I'm also curious if you renamed the bootmiineek folder to bootmii before you booted bootmii ios

Hello Crazycaveman,

my nands folder have one folder inside called nand1 and inside nand1 there are bunch of folders like import, meta, shared 1&2,sneek cache etc... (E.g. SD:/nands/nand1/import, meta etc...)

I think I know now what went wrong. Comparing to my old sneek setup the folders like import, meta, shared etc. are located in my SD root so should I erase the old ones and replace it with the new in SD root? Or should I erase the old folders in the SD root and copy the new one under folder nand1? Please advise

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about on the SD (obcd can confirm), but on my usb drive (using neek2o) I have a similar nand setup as yours; namely usb:/nands/{all my nands}. I would think it would work the same on the SD card, but neek2o will ignore the nands folder if it finds a nand at the root of the device, so you could move the nand from the nands folder to the root of your sd card and see if it boots.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I tried erasing the old ones and replace it with the new nand files in SD root but got only blue binking in my wii in 6minutes and nothing happens. Also, I erase the old nand folders in the SD root and did not touch the new nands folder but nothing happens too...

Any other advice will beappreciated... :(

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am afraid you did the opposite of what was right. You had working nand folders on your sd card, and you replaced them with the modmii created ones.
Those should work as well, but since you only looked at upgrading your sneek setup, this wasn't needed.

How do you boot into your sneek setup? Are you having bootmii at boot2 on your wii, or just as ios?

1. Make sure you don't have an empty wbfs or games folder on your usb drive. Due to a bug in some versions, this can cause a hang.
2. If your first setup with a modmii nand boots into a black screen, you can try once more.
If the second attempt doesn't boot into the system menu either, it's better to delete the sd:/nands folder and to copy the pc one back over to your sd card.
3. Some people reported that their nand needed to be on the root of the sd card. This means copiing the COPY_TO_SD/nands/nand1 contents to the root of the sd card.
Remove or rename the nands folder on your sd card in that case.
4. The nswitch homebrew tries to launch kernel.bin from the usb drive sneek folder before it tries the sd card one. It might work with sneek, but I have no confirmations of it yet.
5. If none of the above works, I will try the procedure myself to see how things work out in my case. So, please don't panic. Work accurate.
If a normal sneek works, a sneek2o should work as well. I have tested it several times successfully. I just can't remember if I ever tested the version modmii creates.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I am afraid you did the opposite of what was right. You had working nand folders on your sd card, and you replaced them with the modmii created ones.
Those should work as well, but since you only looked at upgrading your sneek setup, this wasn't needed.

+++ Did you mean that I just need to keep my old nands in my SD root and erase the whole new nands folder created by modmii? Edited: I just did this two times and only got black screen... Also, I tried downloading only SNEEK without nand thru Modmii and merge COPY_TO_SD with my original files (I erased all files in my SD and put back the original before upgrading) in my SD ROOT but got blackscreen too...

How do you boot into your sneek setup? Are you having bootmii at boot2 on your wii, or just as ios?

+++ My bootmii is just IOS.

1. Make sure you don't have an empty wbfs or games folder on your usb drive. Due to a bug in some versions, this can cause a hang.
+++ Can you confirm that my file structure of wbfs folder is correct. usb:/wbfs/gameid/gameid.wbfs?

2. If your first setup with a modmii nand boots into a black screen, you can try once more.
If the second attempt doesn't boot into the system menu either, it's better to delete the sd:/nands folder and to copy the pc one back over to your sd card.
+++ I did this two times, and I only get balck screen...

3. Some people reported that their nand needed to be on the root of the sd card. This means copiing the COPY_TO_SD/nands/nand1 contents to the root of the sd card.
Remove or rename the nands folder on your sd card in that case.
+++I did this, but I erased my old nand files in my SD root and replaced it by the new nands but blinking blue happened for 5mins.

4. The nswitch homebrew tries to launch kernel.bin from the usb drive sneek folder before it tries the sd card one. It might work with sneek, but I have no confirmations of it yet.
5. If none of the above works, I will try the procedure myself to see how things work out in my case. So, please don't panic. Work accurate.
If a normal sneek works, a sneek2o should work as well. I have tested it several times successfully. I just can't remember if I ever tested the version modmii creates.

Good day Obcd!

Thank you for your reply.

I answered your questions in side the quote. Please advice.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

About the bootmiineek, I did NOT rename it to bootmii. Do I need to change it? Basically I have SD:/bootmii and SD:/bootmiineek in my SD ROOT. Thanks!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

About the bootmiineek, I did NOT rename it to bootmii. Do I need to change it? Basically I have SD:/bootmii and SD:/bootmiineek in my SD ROOT. Thanks!
heres a snap shot of both my sd cards, one is set up for neek2o or if i want i can use neek+di. my 2nd is set up for sneek no di. (for dml).

sd card..(neek+di,or neek2o,)
apps
bootmii/ set up for *neek. (armboot)
bootmii-sdbooter1/(armboot,ppcboot.elf)
sneek/(kernel)
usb hd..
games.
nands/nand1,nand2..ect
sneek/ di,font,kernal
sd card..(sneek.)
apps
bootmii(armboot)
bootmii -sdbooter1/(armboot,ppcboot)
sneek/ (font,kernal,if using di)

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
if using nswitch to launch neek, a bootmii folder is not required. If using launching via bootmii then you need to have the "bootmiineek" folder renamed and saved to sd:\bootmii\.

Thank you Xflak, just to clarify more, I am launching via bootmii (IOS) and have an old bootmii with armboot, bootmii.ini & ppcboot.elf in my SD root. Should I erase that and replace it by the bootmiineek(Renaming it to bootmii) created by Modmii?

Since my old Sneek+DI nands files (Meta, import shared1 etc.) are in SD root should I erase my old and replace it and put it on SD ROOT too with the new nands files creadted in Modmii?

Thank you once again...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
why don't u just install the nswitch channel then u don't need to worry about the bootmii folder? That means that u can launch neek from the nswitch channel and bootmii from the HBC without having to rename and files\folders on the sd card.

Anyways, the bootmii folder u have now that includes ppcboot.elf is required to launch the real bootmii. If you delete it you can always download it again from ModMii's download page 2 (or just run the hackmii installer and tell it to prepare an sd card), but it's probably easier for u to just rename your current bootmii folder bootmii-real or something like that. Then if u ever need to access bootmii u just rename it back to bootmii. Anyways, after renaming bootmii to bootmii-real (or w/e) u can then rename bootmiineek to bootmii and then it will load neek each time u launch "bootmii".

About your nand, that's up to you. There's no reason for u to get rid of your old nand. You can even keep both if u want by moving all the nand subfolders from the root of the sd card to SD:\nands\oldnand\. And your modmii created nand should already be saved to SD:\nands\nand1\, and u will be able to switch between them from neek2o's di menu. Note that if u have a "nands" folder full of nands AND a nand saved to the root of the device, neek2o will load a nand from the nands folder and effectively ignore the nand on the root. But if a nands folder is not found on the device it will load the emunand saved to the root of the device instead.

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any idea when the improvements/fixes (MW3 online update) crediar made to sneek will be implemented in neek2o?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu