Need some advise/help with unlinking Nintendo network Id

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lolboy, Mar 6, 2016.

1. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi Guys,

A year ago I orderd the N3DS from AUS and linked my Nintendo network Id to it (Netherlands).
    Now I can't access the eshop because the region of my Nintendo network Id does not match with region of console?

So, I want to unlink my Nintendo Network Id and just create a new one with AUS as my country. For that I need to "Format system memory" and by doing that I will lose all my games/saves on Emunand :(

Is there anyway I can unlink my account without losing all my stuff?

Thank u all in advance!

2. 'Don

'Don Man in a Box

Dec 31, 2015
    Jamaica
    Hemshof
    I dont know if this works but: Backup your emunand and place the Backup somewhere safe. Go into emunand and Format it using tinyformat. Restore your Backup. I might have another idea if that doesnt work so tell me your results.

Last edited by 'Don, Mar 6, 2016
    lolboy likes this.
  3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Formatting doesn't unlink your NNID. You just go to the NNID settings and unlink it from there.

'Don likes this.
  4. 'Don

'Don Man in a Box

Dec 31, 2015
    Jamaica
    Hemshof
    Oh right He wants to create a New anyway... Man I'm so dumb :rofl:

lolboy likes this.
  5. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    When I go to NNID settings, It tells me to go and do system format to unlink it.

6. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I backed up my emunand then used TinyFormat to format my emunand. I went to system settings and NNID was unlinked BUT! After restoring emunand, the old NNID is back :(!

7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Duh? You'll have to use a save manager, backup your saves, and manually restore them and your games after formatting.

8. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Restore my saves wont be issue, but all my games will be alot of work. So there is no other way?

9. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I suppose not. I didn't think a system format unlinked NNIDs because that didn't work when I sold my O3DS to GameStop. I had to call Nintendo and have them unlink it.

'Don likes this.
  10. 'Don

'Don Man in a Box

Dec 31, 2015
    Jamaica
    Hemshof
  11. NgXAlex

NgXAlex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2013
    France
    Hi, your problem is not the region of your console, AUS N3DS is a PAL Console, so no problem with a Netherlands account, I have also an AUS N3DS bought from day one, and it works perfectly with French Account.

Netherlands is in PAL territory, so your problem of Nintendo Network is not the region of your console.

When you first connect an AUS console to Eshop you just need to set Region to Australia, then connect to Eshop and finalize. After you just need to set your region to Netherlands, connect to Eshop and it's OK.

If you can't, your problem is elsewhere.

;)

Last edited by NgXAlex, Mar 6, 2016