Need Help with the USB wires

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Feels Good Man, Feb 21, 2008.

Feb 21, 2008
  1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    So as you probably know from my other topic that I have extra USB's lying around my house. So I decided to cut that wire to expose the inner wires. The problem here is that the wires are different colour than the traditional red, black, white, green combo. Instead it's a Pink, Yellow, Blue, White combo.

So my question is: which one from the Yellow, Blue, White combo USB wire thing does it go to with the traditional Red, Black, White, Green combo?

Thanks =)

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish , but you have non-standard colour coding on your wires , yet you somehow expect people online to know which ones match up with the standard colours? [​IMG] . Just get a meter , stick it on the continuity setting , one end to pin 1 of the non-standard colour cable , then go through each of the 4 colours till you have continuity to pin 1 and there you go , you've found what is pin 1 and you know it matches up to red on the standard cable , then repeat for the remaining 3.

3. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yeah I gave up on this lol.

I just used my other USB Extender. My better one D=