Instinct Nx black screen after install, Help needed

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello guys,

Got a quick question as i just modded my oled switch with instinct v6 black everything was fine untill the morning i found it frozen and randomly shut down, so formatted the card and tried again all went well even nand dumped fully.

A few mins later decided to restart the device and the instinct turns to white, redid the whole solderjob again and it glitched twice and the third time white so decided to uninstall the pcb and go wire install, but after uninstallation decided to test if console is booting normally and i am getting a black screen.

I have 2 readings which are totally weird, i am getting no reading at the Rst point, that was even when it glitched but all of a sudden stopped getting a reading, second thing 3.3V value i am getting
Below are the readings as is.

3.3 V = 0.034
A = 0.5
B = no reading at all null if i am reading from the switch board but i get a reading on the cap above the point on the instinct chip of 1.5 that is even before the install which was weird but it was working like this marked in Yellow.
C = 0.65
D = 0.6

I attached the photos as well i dont know where to look.

Appretiate an extra eye, i do belive something is off at the 3.3V, shall i try to replace the caps or where to look, noting first time i installed i got an 0.65 reading normally but dont know if QSB messed something up there, because after thst i got very low reading.

I would appretiate anything as i am stuck with a dead mobo now please.

Attachments

• IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3876.jpeg
    IMG_3876.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3878.jpeg
    IMG_3878.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3879.jpeg
    IMG_3879.jpeg
    970.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3880.jpeg
    IMG_3880.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3881.jpeg
    IMG_3881.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 60

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
You're probably better off posting in the big Instinct NX thread. I imagine a lot of the people who've been installing the Instinct will have it followed so your problem will likely get more attention

Reactions: Xandroz

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Where is that post please.

I will take another look at the points you mentioned hassal, but any idea why im not getting a good reading at 3.3.

I will try to remove this and the dat0 on sunday as well, hopefully it boots stock, thats my main thing now

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You're probably better off posting in the big Instinct NX thread. I imagine a lot of the people who've been installing the Instinct will have it followed so your problem will likely get more attention
Nobody is going to help him. Despite telling him to clean his board he refuse to listen.
You can see plenty of nasty goo on his board. I can assure you that's what is causing his problems.

Attachments

• IMG_3875.jpg
    IMG_3875.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 58

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instinct NX error led pattern is different from hwfly, iirc no matter which point is disconnected it will always blink white. The correct way to identify the cause is to use usb serial port, connect the chip to pc with included usb dongle and open its serial port in a terminal, then do a diagnostic single boot, it will tell you if anything's wrong:
Code:
> h
# Debug menu keys overview
   'v'  Show modchip board info
   'd'  Diagnose single boot
   'b'  Boot OFW
   't'  (Re-)train modchip
   'c'  Show timing configuration table
   'r'  Reset timing configuration table
   'p'  Program eMMC with embedded payload
   'e'  Erase eMMC BOOT0 payload
   'x'  Jump to bootloader
   'h'  Show this help text
# ========================
> v
# Board ID: SX Lite,  FPGA ID: INSTINCT

Also, if you are using qsb ribbon cable, remove it. Some quick soldering ribbon cables are known to cause interference on dat0 line and will cause system crash/freeze or even emmc data loss.

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Nobody is going to help him. Despite telling him to clean his board he refuse to listen.
You can see plenty of nasty goo on his board. I can assure you that's what is causing his problems.
I do appretiate everything u say and i cleaned after what u mentioned, still will revisit the 3.3v cap again.

I am not ignoring u at all i want to get it back working.

Will reclean everything again and buy a blade tip and clean that area well and test again.

I do belive its a short and once i get my hands on the situation i can start over.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 393953

What light you are getting?
I am getting 1 initial ref blink then 2x purple then steady white but them black screen.

Sonits either A Or D, but i already removed the QSB board and there seems to be a short somewhere trying to get my hands on it.
Post automatically merged:

This looks to be solder bridging?

View attachment 393949

That was flux and tried cleaning again, will decrease solder in that area as well.

These are more clear pics from phone and under the microscope.

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpeg
    IMG_3913.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3912.jpeg
    IMG_3912.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Last edited by Xandroz,

Ferz1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Instinct NX error led pattern is different from hwfly, iirc no matter which point is disconnected it will always blink white. The correct way to identify the cause is to use usb serial port, connect the chip to pc with included usb dongle and open its serial port in a terminal, then do a diagnostic single boot, it will tell you if anything's wrong:
Code:
> h
   'b'  Boot OFW
   't'  (Re-)train modchip
   'x'  Jump to bootloader
   'h'  Show this help text
> v

Also, if you are using qsb ribbon cable, remove it. Some quick soldering ribbon cables are known to cause interference on dat0 line and will cause system crash/freeze or even emmc data loss.
I am in a similar situation... If you have a corrupted emmc chip and a black screen, is there any tool to restore my emmc backup? Does the ums-loader work with Instinct-NX?

Jagovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Code:
> h
   'b'  Boot OFW
   't'  (Re-)train modchip
   'x'  Jump to bootloader
   'h'  Show this help text
> v

It should be done with all the points conected to instinct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4