Need help with firmware

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by fragler, Jun 14, 2010.

Jun 14, 2010

Need help with firmware by fragler at 6:22 PM (1,086 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fragler
    OP

Newcomer fragler Member

United States
    that's what my r4 looks like.. i went through the sticky with all the firmwares is it.. i downloaded the v1.34 under r4sdhc/r4isdhc and installed that to my sd card, but when i turn it on it says loading then goes to a black screen and it'll just sit at the til i turn it off..

i've also tried the wood 1.04 under the r4 section.. that loads the menu and game list etc, but it won't load any games, it gets stuck on a white screen.. i've also when through the guide for the ysmenu for clones (being how i have r4 sdhc i'm assuming clone) but that did not go anywhere either.. i believe with that one i saw loading then just black screen as well..

does anyone have any suggestions for me..? which firmware am i suppose to be using..? i believe i was using the r4 1.18 prior, but i didn't back that up before formatting the sd card loading new stuff on.. the firmware i was using wasn't playing newer games so that's why i went on trying to update..

i'm going to keep on trying other stuffs, but i'd like some input maybe help my trial and error speed up some..

thank you

2. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    R4 1.18 is for a real R4, not for a clone. Wood R4 does not run on R4 SDHC.

Your best bet is to look at the box that contained you R4 SDHC and look if it has a website address on it and get your firmware there. There is a possibility that YSMenu will run, but that's a bit more work and may be a longshot if you do not know exactly what kind of R4 SDHC you have. Otherwise you are stuck and your best option is to restore your backup (you did make one before overwriting it or did you feel lucky?).

3. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

He just did a massive update too.

Go down to:

R4 SDHC (ndslr4.com), (r4sdhc.com)
    Latest (2010: v2.10T04) (R4i: v2.07) (R4: v1.34)

If your card's packaging does NOT have ndslr4.com or r4sdhc.com on it, that is why the v1.34 did not work for you. But if it does have a reference to one of those two URLs, try downloading it from linfox's.

Do not try firmwares that are not explicitly made for your card, it's a waste of your time and a waste of read/writes to your MicroSD (which aren't infinite). If you have a lot of doubt as to who made your card you're just going to have problems.

And ultimately you should get a "real" "non-clone" flashcart if you want reliable support with the trial and error process. If there even is one: there are good guides and reviews on GBATemp for the best ones. Since your profile says you're in the US, I'd suggest SimplyMods.com if you do not wish to wait on the free but international shipping offered by ShopTemp (which is cheaper). If you need SDHC compatibility, Acekard2i is going to be the best deal ($15-$18.50). If you have a 2gb or smaller card, the R4DS 100% Wood-compatible is $6-$9. Both prices are depending on who ships it to you.

4. fragler
    OP

Newcomer fragler Member

United States
    crap, my box only has r4super.com on it on the front..

i've put the original 1.18 back on it, but it's really outdated..

so there isn't anything that'll work for my version/clone/whatever..?

i'm going to try the ones you mentioned anyway, but from what you said it probably isn't going to work.. =\

thanks for the quick responses, didn't know how long it was gunna take before i got responses.