Hacking Need help updating an Ncard

pdx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have formatted my card using low level formatting, and I have tried to put multiple different firmware versions on it, none of them working. nearly all of them just leave me with a blank white screen. i formatted and didn't install anything, and I get the message "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!"

what am I doing wrong guys?

thanks

pdx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i've managed to get everything onto it (ds linker fw and xmenu 2.55) however when i try to play any game, i select the file in the menu and it goes straight to a blank screen. my other ds works fine with the rom.

does anyone have any tips on what to do?

reinaldo.1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pdx said:
i have formatted my card using low level formatting, and I have tried to put multiple different firmware versions on it, none of them working. nearly all of them just leave me with a blank white screen. i formatted and didn't install anything, and I get the message "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!"

thanks

Dont worry! I know what to do. But first i have to translate my text for your lenguage. excuse some error.
Maybe tomorrow i can put here. Be patient.

reinaldo.1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pdx said:

thanks

How i sad, here is the solution:

First you have to dowload U-disk 1.45 or above. I used 1.45. Its worked fine.

1. Plug usb writer into your nds and hook it up till an empty usb slot on pc

2. HOLD A,B,L,R + Up on your nds to put the card into flash mode
(Screen will say USB SAFE BLOCK)

3. Windows OS will pick up a fireline device, so the card is ready to be formatted now

4. Extract Contents of downloaded file to a folder on pc. Will make the folder "U disk 1.45" with some files

5. Double click NAND_ALL.BAT will start the firmware flash

6. After a few seconds it will be done, switch off nds and switch back on holding A,B,L,R + DOWN to format the card,

7. Windows will auto recognize the card again as a mass storage device

8. Copy xmenu.dat from extracted folder to the root of your card.

9. Card will create DSYSTEM folder at bootup

10. DONE , Your MK5, Firelinker, Flashpass, N-card or whatever other clone you are using now has dldi with write support

Any question please contact me at "[email protected]" and i will share my experiences. Good Luck!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
N-Card and clones are old as hell and updates haven't been released for it for a year or more....Buy a new flashcart when you get the chance!

The PSRAM battery in mine broke a while back and bought a SuperCard DSone-i....Never looked back. Gave the screwed N-Card to my sister since she isn't worried about losing save games....
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think