Need help updating an Ncard

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by pdx, Jul 24, 2009.

1. pdx
    OP

pdx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2009
    i have formatted my card using low level formatting, and I have tried to put multiple different firmware versions on it, none of them working. nearly all of them just leave me with a blank white screen. i formatted and didn't install anything, and I get the message "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!"

what am I doing wrong guys?

thanks

2. antonkan

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    I don't have a N-Card. So buy a new flashcart!

3. pdx
    OP

pdx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2009
    i've managed to get everything onto it (ds linker fw and xmenu 2.55) however when i try to play any game, i select the file in the menu and it goes straight to a blank screen. my other ds works fine with the rom.

does anyone have any tips on what to do?

4. antonkan

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    Nothing will help for you. Go buy a new flashcart! I recommend M3i Zero, which includes real time save (save and load state).

5. reinaldo.1

reinaldo.1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    Brazil
    Dont worry! I know what to do. But first i have to translate my text for your lenguage. excuse some error.
    Maybe tomorrow i can put here. Be patient.

6. reinaldo.1

reinaldo.1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    Brazil
    How i sad, here is the solution:

First you have to dowload U-disk 1.45 or above. I used 1.45. Its worked fine.

1. Plug usb writer into your nds and hook it up till an empty usb slot on pc

2. HOLD A,B,L,R + Up on your nds to put the card into flash mode
    (Screen will say USB SAFE BLOCK)

3. Windows OS will pick up a fireline device, so the card is ready to be formatted now

4. Extract Contents of downloaded file to a folder on pc. Will make the folder "U disk 1.45" with some files

5. Double click NAND_ALL.BAT will start the firmware flash

6. After a few seconds it will be done, switch off nds and switch back on holding A,B,L,R + DOWN to format the card,

7. Windows will auto recognize the card again as a mass storage device

8. Copy xmenu.dat from extracted folder to the root of your card.

9. Card will create DSYSTEM folder at bootup

10. DONE , Your MK5, Firelinker, Flashpass, N-card or whatever other clone you are using now has dldi with write support

Any question please contact me at "naldo.rocha@bol.com.br" and i will share my experiences. Good Luck!

7. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    N-Card and clones are old as hell and updates haven't been released for it for a year or more....Buy a new flashcart when you get the chance!

The PSRAM battery in mine broke a while back and bought a SuperCard DSone-i....Never looked back. Gave the screwed N-Card to my sister since she isn't worried about losing save games.... [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice