Hacking Need help: formatted my 2DS to sell it, can't boot CFW

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I formatted my 2DS system memory in order to unlink my NNID (didn't know I could do it without formatting...) and now my console won't boot into CFW (boot9strap). Can you help me out?

Thanks!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
how did you format it? in homebrew or official format?
anyway, because you format it, the CFW files was deleted, put luma files and godmod9 in the sd card, also setup ctrnand luma3ds so you can boot to luma even after formatting or without SD card.

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I removed my SD card and formatted using the official method.

Luma and Godmode and the rest are still available, but I lost all my games (thought they were stored on my SD card, I guess they were on System Memory)

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I removed my SD card and formatted using the official method.

Luma and Godmode and the rest are still available, but I lost all my games (thought they were stored on my SD card, I guess they were on System Memory)
Because you have formated your system, it is now missing all the tickets for your games. So you have to reinstall them all.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only an old backup. My SD card is still almost full, I guess my games, or some of them, were on the SD card. Where are they stored, and how can I make sure I only delete game files and not other important files?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Only an old backup. My SD card is still almost full, I guess my games, or some of them, were on the SD card. Where are they stored, and how can I make sure I only delete game files and not other important files?
Just delete the Nintendo 3DS folder. (But make a backup, just to be safe.)

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you have formated your system, there is nothing important left on your SD, so you can format it too. Don't forgot to put your boot.firm back on your SD tho.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I thought they were stored on the SD card. So yeah, it seems I have to reinstall everything. Oh well, thanks!
They are stored in the SD card, but they are tied to different account, even if you installed the games again, you won't see the save game, you have to restore the NAND that you took before the format.

Installing all the games again now will not overwrite the old one, it will create another folder that contain the same games.
If the save file not important, just delete the folder inside "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
They are stored in the SD card, but they are tied to different account, even if you installed the games again, you won't see the save game, you have to restore the NAND that you took before the format.

Installing all the games again now will not overwrite the old one, it will create another folder that contain the same games.
If the save file not important, just delete the folder inside "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
Would something like JKSM detect his saves now?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I see my two ID strings, one for EMUNand and one for SYSnand. Could I just copy the files from EMUnand to SYSnand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't care for savefiles, since I'm selling the device. I'll just redownload some of the games then, if I can't reuse the files I had on my SD card.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, I see my two ID strings, one for EMUNand and one for SYSnand. Could I just copy the files from EMUnand to SYSnand?
Nope, since the NANDs have different movable.sed files. However, if you can, boot your emuNAND.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Only if he restore the NAND, because jksm see the files that attached to that NAND.
But since he doesn't care about save game, there is no need for it.

is the OP wants to sell the 3DS with games installed or not installed? It all depends on the buyer.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Are you sure? AFAIK JKSM dumps decrypted.
yes, but it will takes only from the installed game in the same NAND as the NAND that have JKSM
so, if there is 2 id folder (one old and the new user)
and you installed JJKSM on the new one, you will only see the apps on the new one, even if you installed the same games, you won't see the old saves.
and because the saves are encrypted inside the old id folder, you can't copy them to the new id folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated