Restoring SysNAND backup from another 3ds

hevasdq95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, I sent my 2dsxl to nintendo for a screen replacement. Before sending my 2ds in, I made a backup of the sysnand and removed CFW following the guide to bring the system back to stock to avoid any issues with it having CFW with Nintendo. Now when I got it back, instead of sending me the same console back, they sent me a new one which was repaired. So what I want to know is can i use the same sysnand backup without any issues? Another thing is that when I formatted the system, I made a dummy mii and in the new system, the dummy mii is still there making me think that the system was transfered to the new one but I don't know for sure. Any help is appriciated!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Transferring SysNAND backups between different 3DS units is generally not advised due to hardware and encryption mismatches. Nintendo's data transfer might not cover all system-specific data, which could lead to issues. It's worth exploring if Nintendo can officially assist with transferring any additional data you need. Using backups made for a specific device on another can risk bricking the system or other unintended consequences.
flashing a sysnand from another console wont just risk bricking the other console. It WILL brick the other console. They could decrypt the nand possibly and install and backup what they get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto