Is my 3DS (2DS) Dead??

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is my 3DS (2DS) Dead??
Suddenly, I booted then the pad wasn't work, and the directionnal almost not, I was struggling to control on the hacked menu of my 2DS CFW with luma.
Now I reboot, and both arrows and directionnal pad doesn' t work, only buttons at the right seems to work.
The thing is, this problem reminded me arriving like a spyware or a virus.....It there a way to clean/erase the OS of my 2DS without removing the CFW???
Have you already seen this, could it be that something is broken, I was about to offer it to my daughter for her birthday and suddenly it died ;(

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why you're asking if it's "dead", but at least you're not using that stupid B-word.

Typically problems like this can be caused if there is a bit of grit at the edge of the touchscreen that causes it to constantly register input. You might be able to resolve the issue by carefully cleaning the edge of the screen.

It's kind of absurd to suggest "spyware or a virus".

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's kind of absurd to suggest "spyware or a virus".
Indeed you are right, thing is...It begun to happen and was getting worse, juste like a worm spreading on a windows 98 OS, well...Maybe you don't even know what a windows 98 is.....^^
It was not working, then working....Not working, then working for right or up then nothing, so your diagnostic seems very right.
Thanks for reply, what screen is to be cleaned? The upper or the down touch screen? (or both?) I installed a screen protector on both screen, which one shall I remove and where shall I clean?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you don't even know what a windows 98 is.....^^
You have a funny way of showing gratitude, sir.

The upper or the down touch screen? (or both?) I installed a screen protector on both screen, which one shall I remove and where shall I clean?
Maybe you should read my post again. Now I will insert two carats because I am so funny.

^^

Last edited by Kwyjor,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Kwyjor, by the w98, I was supposing you were quite young. The other day, I spoke to a 20 yo guy, he never heard of star wars or terminator....

Thanks, it showed that the top protecting was making trouble to the directionnal pad and cross, how can this this stupid bug be on 3DS???? (you'll never have this on a Vita!!), I will never understand, didn't find any

grain of sand or anything! .....so does that mean I cannot put any protectors on top? I did it very cleanly but if it cause problem, the top one isn't specially needed.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was supposing you were quite young.
Don't do that.

Thanks, it showed that the top protecting was making trouble to the directionnal pad and cross
Are you suggesting that you solved your problem by removing a screen protector on your top screen?! That would be a complete coincidence and I would expect that you will start seeing the problem again.

As I said in my post:
a bit of grit at the edge of the touchscreen that causes it to constantly register input
The top screen is incapable of registering input.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you suggesting that you solved your problem by removing a screen protector on your top screen?! That would be a complete coincidence and I would expect that you will start seeing the problem again.
Yes, it solved the problem, I retried things for around 2 hours, it seems ok......So indeed, it's kinda a complete coincidence or I don't know, maybe removing it remove the grain of sand or the micro dust pb.

The top screen is incapable of registering input.
So we both discovered a "new" problem you didn't know of: The stupid new upper protecting chinese protective that creates a bug on 2DS.....Anyway, I wouldn't have remove the protector you didn't said to me something related to the screen was the problem. Decided to remove the upper at 1ST.....And it solved the issue!! (I must say I had put the top and lower protecters then directly put the 2DS console into it's box, then discovered the pb when getting it outta the 2DS out!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0