Need help fixing my Switch after updating Atmosphere

CartoonPeacock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was told to go for support on Discord but I'm going to be honest and say I hate going on Discord over something like this so thought I would have to go here instead.

So I updated Atmosphere and the console to 15.0. For some reason though I went to Daybreak and downgraded it to 10.0.0 and since then had problems even getting onto the main Switch menu. I tried deleting all my old files and replace it with the new ones but it keeps getting an error that causes the Switch to reboot over and over indefinitely. I tried to get back to OFW just to see if I can update the Switch back to 15.0.0 but even if I remove the SD Card the Switch opens up an error and I can't get it to the main default menu just to update it. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get it to the main menu just so I can update it back to the newest version? I tried removing the autoRCM and booting it to OFW too and it still has this error so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm completely fucked (but it's not bricked or anything, I just don't know why it keeps doing this).

I have no EMMC or anything btw, so it can't be that either.

Reactions: SylverReZ

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was told to go for support on Discord but I'm going to be honest and say I hate going on Discord over something like this so thought I would have to go here instead.

So I updated Atmosphere and the console to 15.0. For some reason though I went to Daybreak and downgraded it to 10.0.0 and since then had problems even getting onto the main Switch menu. I tried deleting all my old files and replace it with the new ones but it keeps getting an error that causes the Switch to reboot over and over indefinitely. I tried to get back to OFW just to see if I can update the Switch back to 15.0.0 but even if I remove the SD Card the Switch opens up an error and I can't get it to the main default menu just to update it. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get it to the main menu just so I can update it back to the newest version? I tried removing the autoRCM and booting it to OFW too and it still has this error so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm completely fucked (but it's not bricked or anything, I just don't know why it keeps doing this).

I have no EMMC or anything btw, so it can't be that either.
Boot w/ Hekate. Hekate will bypass all fuse checks. Check here for a good hekate_ipl.ini file.

CFW guide — Reentry‘s guide for various paths to get Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches working.

Once booted backup, use Daybreak to fix your FW.

Reactions: SylverReZ

CartoonPeacock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot w/ Hekate. Hekate will bypass all fuse checks. Check here for a good hekate_ipl.ini file.

CFW guide — Reentry‘s guide for various paths to get Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches working.

Once booted backup, use Daybreak to fix your FW.
I've tried with Hekate, even to use it to boot to OFW. It still throws up an error and won't allow me to get to the main menu unfortunately.

It may be because of the fuses but my dumbass misplaced my jig so I'm trying to do the tinfoil method to boot it up with Hekate again to check on the fuses, so I'll edit this whenever I do it correctly.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried with Hekate, even to use it to boot to OFW. It still throws up an error and won't allow me to get to the main menu unfortunately.

It may be because of the fuses but my dumbass misplaced my jig so I'm trying to do the tinfoil method to boot it up with Hekate again to check on the fuses, so I'll edit this whenever I do it correctly.

Good idea to find out what is your fuse count

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is the error you’re seeing?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

you keep saying its shows an error but never tell anyone what the error actually is, there are alot of knowledgeble people in this thread but none are mind readers.

CartoonPeacock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remove your game cart if you have one
Well whaddya know, the answer was as simple as that (sheesh).

I'm going to have to find out how to get it back on autoRCM myself (I've done the tinfoil method before, it's just a pain in the ass and I'm too afraid to use a paperclip to mess with it), but it looks like the problem should be solved. Thanks everyone.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to have to find out how to get it back on autoRCM myself (I've done the tinfoil method before, it's just a pain in the ass and I'm too afraid to use a paperclip to mess with it), but it looks like the problem should be solved. Thanks everyone.
Yes, most definitely do NOT use a paperclip as a jig. You can buy already pre-moulded ones on eBay and AliExpress which are much more safer to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1