Need case for DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bentbob, Jan 28, 2008.

Jan 28, 2008

Need case for DS by bentbob at 10:32 PM (1,040 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. bentbob
    OP

Newcomer bentbob Member

United States
    Hi there,

so my son drops his NDS on the floor and has broken the case and the hinge,the right hinge has snapped away from the plastic which holds it to the bottom part of the DS, is it possible to buy replacement cases? and if so where from

thanks guys

2. Steevsee

Newcomer Steevsee Advanced Member

Australia
    Hi
    For original NDS, replacement NDS cases are readily availale.

The last ones I got were from Ebay and only cost about $10 (Aus).
    Whilst they are not as good as original Nintendo case they do the job quite well and come with all replacement screws, buttons stickers and even a relacement stylus!

You will also need a Tri-wing screwdriver to remove the old case, but these can also be found on ebay and may even be offered with the case.(The screwdrivers are very cheap and nasty but you only need to use them to remove the original screws as the replacement ones are regular phillips head.)

Fitting can be a little tricky, (especially the hinge retainers), but there are several good guides online to help.

If you have NDS Lite, cases are also available but are about four times the price.

3. Steevsee

Newcomer Steevsee Advanced Member

Australia
    Hi
    For original NDS, replacement NDS cases are readily available.

The last ones I got were from Ebay and only cost about $10 (Aus).
    Whilst they are not as good as original Nintendo case they do the job quite well and come with all replacement screws, buttons stickers and even a relacement stylus!

You will also need a Tri-wing screwdriver to remove the old case, but these can also be found on ebay and may even be offered with the case.(The screwdrivers are very cheap and nasty but you only need to use them to remove the original screws as the replacement ones are regular phillips head.)

Fitting can be a little tricky, (especially the hinge retainers), but there are several good guides online to help.

If you have NDS Lite, cases are also available but are about four times the price.

OOPS sorry for the double post!!

4. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For some replacement cases check out Gp2xstore, they are located in CA.

5. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    DealExtreme also has replacement cases and if you want to make your unit stand out you can go for a Shock! replament case.

6. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dealextreme has some high quality cases an a lot of different colors. They also sell the TriWing screwdrivers for about $1. They also have guides on how to install them.

7. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Can you verify the "high quality" of these cases personally?

8. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't bought one, but I heard a lot of good things about the shock cases. If you don't believe me, there are many reviews for the cases at Dealextreme.com so check those out.