bentbob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

so my son drops his NDS on the floor and has broken the case and the hinge,the right hinge has snapped away from the plastic which holds it to the bottom part of the DS, is it possible to buy replacement cases? and if so where from

thanks guys

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi
For original NDS, replacement NDS cases are readily availale.

The last ones I got were from Ebay and only cost about $10 (Aus).
Whilst they are not as good as original Nintendo case they do the job quite well and come with all replacement screws, buttons stickers and even a relacement stylus!

You will also need a Tri-wing screwdriver to remove the old case, but these can also be found on ebay and may even be offered with the case.(The screwdrivers are very cheap and nasty but you only need to use them to remove the original screws as the replacement ones are regular phillips head.)

Fitting can be a little tricky, (especially the hinge retainers), but there are several good guides online to help.

If you have NDS Lite, cases are also available but are about four times the price.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi
For original NDS, replacement NDS cases are readily available.

The last ones I got were from Ebay and only cost about $10 (Aus).
Whilst they are not as good as original Nintendo case they do the job quite well and come with all replacement screws, buttons stickers and even a relacement stylus!

You will also need a Tri-wing screwdriver to remove the old case, but these can also be found on ebay and may even be offered with the case.(The screwdrivers are very cheap and nasty but you only need to use them to remove the original screws as the replacement ones are regular phillips head.)

Fitting can be a little tricky, (especially the hinge retainers), but there are several good guides online to help.

If you have NDS Lite, cases are also available but are about four times the price.

OOPS sorry for the double post!!

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dealextreme has some high quality cases an a lot of different colors. They also sell the TriWing screwdrivers for about $1. They also have guides on how to install them.

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Can you verify the "high quality" of these cases personally?

I haven't bought one, but I heard a lot of good things about the shock cases. If you don't believe me, there are many reviews for the cases at Dealextreme.com so check those out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?