ndstool... first time using it. but not working???

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by psycoblaster, Jan 29, 2008.

1. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    This is my first time trying to translate a game, so people said to extract it and edit each file... and they recommended ndstool.
    but... i don't know how to use it.
    Well, i don't know if it is that i am doing it wrong, or there is an error.
    When i double click or click->enter on the ndstool.exe, then a black command prompt thing pops out for like a millisecond and just closes by itself...

Do you think this is my computer prblm... or am i doing something wrong?? like i need a file to run it or anything??

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    NDSTool is a command line program; you can only use it from a command prompt or a batch file.

Try DSLazy or DSBuff.

3. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    thx i'll try that

4. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    I just tried... how do you run them

an error pops out everytime when i open the exe file... since my computer's korean, i can' say it to you or anything....

but i can tell you what it says in korean- 응용 프로그램을 제대로 초기화하지 못했습니다(0x0000135). 응용 프로그램을 마치려면 [확인]을 클릭하십시오.

translated, that says something like "the program was not able to reset(0xc0000135). to close the program, click on [OK]

5. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    You may need to have the .net framework installed (1.1 or 2.0 I think).

DSLazy uses batch files and ndstool.exe to pack/unpack DS roms. I can post the batch files for you if you need them.

6. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    ya thx can you???

7. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Download link: http://www.zshare.net/download/6983218237e8df/

Extract those files to a folder, put an .nds file in that folder, and rename the .nds file to "current.nds" (without the quotes).

Unpack.bat will extract the contents of "current.nds" to a folder called "NDS_UNPACK".

Pack.bat will compile the contents of the "NDS_UNPACK" folder to a file named "current.nds".

8. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    k thx and another thing... after i extract them, you siad they go to the folder- will the folder be automatically made in the folder with the batch files and the nds file?

9. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Yes. Pack.bat will delete the "NDS_UNPACK" folder if it already exists, then create a new one to hold the files extracted from "current.nds".

If "current.nds" already exists, unpack.bat will replace it with a new "current.nds" file containing the contents of the "NDS_UNPACK" folder.

10. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    Ok [​IMG] i just got it extracted. So i would hex edit these files,... right?? and if one person told me that i should look in the arm9 binary to see small texts such as the menu and everything.. that should be the arm9.bin, right?

11. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    You've gone beyond my level of experience there. The most I've ever done is replace files; I've never edited them.

Arm9.bin is the arm9 binary. Beyond that, I can't really help you with your hacking effort.

12. psycoblaster
    OP

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    ok- but you were a great help [​IMG] You know- i'm a Korean dude with almost no programming classes in school except for basic and java.... so... i'm trying to learn this on my own- and you just have explained everything i need for the next step [​IMG] see you later ~

13. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Any chance to reupload this too ?, links dead...

Im looking for a unpacker and repacker of .nds files "without" triming the rom , anyone know of ?

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice