Hacking ndstool... first time using it. but not working???

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is my first time trying to translate a game, so people said to extract it and edit each file... and they recommended ndstool.
but... i don't know how to use it.
Well, i don't know if it is that i am doing it wrong, or there is an error.
When i double click or click->enter on the ndstool.exe, then a black command prompt thing pops out for like a millisecond and just closes by itself...

Do you think this is my computer prblm... or am i doing something wrong?? like i need a file to run it or anything??

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried... how do you run them

an error pops out everytime when i open the exe file... since my computer's korean, i can' say it to you or anything....

but i can tell you what it says in korean- 응용 프로그램을 제대로 초기화하지 못했습니다(0x0000135). 응용 프로그램을 마치려면 [확인]을 클릭하십시오.

translated, that says something like "the program was not able to reset(0xc0000135). to close the program, click on [OK]

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may need to have the .net framework installed (1.1 or 2.0 I think).

DSLazy uses batch files and ndstool.exe to pack/unpack DS roms. I can post the batch files for you if you need them.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download link: http://www.zshare.net/download/6983218237e8df/

Extract those files to a folder, put an .nds file in that folder, and rename the .nds file to "current.nds" (without the quotes).

Unpack.bat will extract the contents of "current.nds" to a folder called "NDS_UNPACK".

Pack.bat will compile the contents of the "NDS_UNPACK" folder to a file named "current.nds".

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Pack.bat will delete the "NDS_UNPACK" folder if it already exists, then create a new one to hold the files extracted from "current.nds".

If "current.nds" already exists, unpack.bat will replace it with a new "current.nds" file containing the contents of the "NDS_UNPACK" folder.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok
smile.gif
i just got it extracted. So i would hex edit these files,... right?? and if one person told me that i should look in the arm9 binary to see small texts such as the menu and everything.. that should be the arm9.bin, right?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You've gone beyond my level of experience there. The most I've ever done is replace files; I've never edited them.

Arm9.bin is the arm9 binary. Beyond that, I can't really help you with your hacking effort.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok- but you were a great help
smile.gif
You know- i'm a Korean dude with almost no programming classes in school except for basic and java.... so... i'm trying to learn this on my own- and you just have explained everything i need for the next step
smile.gif
see you later ~

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Destructobot said:
Download link: http://www.zshare.net/download/6983218237e8df/

Extract those files to a folder, put an .nds file in that folder, and rename the .nds file to "current.nds" (without the quotes).

Unpack.bat will extract the contents of "current.nds" to a folder called "NDS_UNPACK".

Pack.bat will compile the contents of the "NDS_UNPACK" folder to a file named "current.nds".

Any chance to reupload this too ?, links dead...

Im looking for a unpacker and repacker of .nds files "without" triming the rom , anyone know of ?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: