Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The background pic doesn't bother me....let's face it, the program is only up for a couple minutes while you trim your ROMs anyway.

I guess I can see retman's point if you are younger and have parents who get bent out of shape about such things, or if you yourself are one of those kinds of parents that want to prevent their kids from seeing stuff like that.

But I am not young, or one of those kinds of parents, so it doesn't bother me. The pic neither excites nor offends me. To me, it's just sorta there on the ROM trimmer I use, that's all.

But I DO understand the necessity for an option to have a less provocative background as an optional selection. It makes some nervous to use it, lest their parents or kids see it and get the wrong idea.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Parents like that really bother me though. They let their kids watch all kind of violence on tv, but then sex stuff is bad.. also religious people with 500 year old morals.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this trimmer better than the R4DS official one?
And i myself would not like to use it... My computer is in the living room, with my parents sitting right next to me on the sofa. Do you really think they wouldnt care if they saw that?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But really, the trimmer is only shown for a few seconds while the rom trims. Why is this a problem? If they happen to walk by in those few seconds, then minimize it.

And yes, this trimmer is way better than the official R4 trimmer.

Anyways, I vote dstrimmer to make your new sig either an optional background, or the new background on the trimmer. You really wanna piss people off, and offend parents, replace the current one with the one in your sig.

Take that sissies! *Just kidding*...not really.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. The R4 is pretty damn slow. I've had it take me more than around forty five seconds on the 128mb games. So...I can see you being worried about that with your parents in the room, or if they walked by the computer, while using that trimmer. But with this one, in my experiences with it, trimming only takes a few seconds. Even trimming multiple games at one time only takes a few seconds. It's quite nice.

If noone is around now give it a download and trim a game. You'll more than likely be amazed by how much quicker this one is than the R4 trimmer.

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I know. The R4 is pretty damn slow. I've had it take me more than around forty five seconds on the 128mb games. So...I can see you being worried about that with your parents in the room, or if they walked by the computer, while using that trimmer. But with this one, in my experiences with it, trimming only takes a few seconds. Even trimming multiple games at one time only takes a few seconds. It's quite nice.

If noone is around now give it a download and trim a game. You'll more than likely be amazed by how much quicker this one is than the R4 trimmer.

in that last sentence who are you talking to?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm...obviously thomasroberts6.

And if you meant to quote my post before that one, then...I certainly wasn't talking about you retman. Because you haven't been whining about the background. I was talking about all the other sissies.
smile.gif

Martytoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, I found the perfect interim solution for us. VNC to my PC from my DS, then turn off the monitors while I run the app
wink.gif

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Please remember that if you download from anywhere else than my website, it could be a virus or anything, so you should only trust downloads from the original source.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need a ROM trimmer program to get adult pics on the internet, then you're doing it wrong. I think the app is awesome and will keep using it whether or not the background has some fanservice pic on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!