Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well in this new version I just notice that your screen pic is different from what it shows on my PC. The Errors text (above wifi) is blocked by a bar w/ a down arrow and the log window is there but isn't visible. The program itself seems to be working fine. When I open 0.43b the errors above arent there.

My resolution is 1400x1050 pixels
You can find a screen shot here:Â http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9JPHRLVJ

I see.. I fixed that. It's because using "process only selected" adds some height to the listbox; I moved the text labels a bit further down. The log box, it's suposed to be transparent from now on. I uploaded a new exe.

Problem Solved
happy.gif

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm not saying get rid of the skin altogether, just have an option to use a neutral one.

Ya know, I have an even BETTER suggestion! Drop it. End of story. Its HIS program, let him design it as he sees fit. If you don't like the background, ignore it. If you can't ignore it or it might offend your wife/child/sister/dog/whatever, don't use the program! There are other programs that do batch trimming too, Skinnyrom works well too. Quite frankly, I like the background, and its neat to get a bit of eye candy while I'm trimming my ROMs.

To everyone who has taken a shot at the author for the background, making comments that hes either sick in the head or a pedophile or things of that nature, who are you to openly make accusations like that? What puts you on such a high moral pedestal that you can use such nasty and hurtful words?

To the author, I love your program. It works great, it works fast, you're continuing to add functionality to the program to make it even better. Don't change the background. You put it there for a reason, and it is part of your program. If they don't like it, to hell with them.

~Beta

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm not saying get rid of the skin altogether, just have an option to use a neutral one.

Ya know, I have an even BETTER suggestion! Drop it. End of story. Its HIS program, let him design it as he sees fit. If you don't like the background, ignore it. If you can't ignore it or it might offend your wife/child/sister/dog/whatever, don't use the program! There are other programs that do batch trimming too, Skinnyrom works well too. Quite frankly, I like the background, and its neat to get a bit of eye candy while I'm trimming my ROMs.

To everyone who has taken a shot at the author for the background, making comments that hes either sick in the head or a pedophile or things of that nature, who are you to openly make accusations like that? What puts you on such a high moral pedestal that you can use such nasty and hurtful words?

To the author, I love your program. It works great, it works fast, you're continuing to add functionality to the program to make it even better. Don't change the background. You put it there for a reason, and it is part of your program. If they don't like it, to hell with them.

~Beta

I completely agree with you there.

To Everyone Moaning About The Background
Nobody is forcing you to use the program!

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One small, tiny suggestion....in the box that shows the rom list, could you add a scroll bar? I pointed the tool at my emulation directory and it did pull down the full list, but its difficult on my laptop when I don't have a scroll wheel
tongue.gif

sethsez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the author, I love your program...  Don't change the background.
How about letting the man decide what to do for himself? The people telling him to change it are definitely out of line, but requests seem reasonable. Nobody shits themselves if someone asks for trimming in RARs or things of that nature, and this is no different. He's free to change it, leave it, add skinning abilities or make it play "Who Let the Dogs Out" when it finishes a task if he wants, and the rest of us are free to leave feedback in a thread about his program as long as it's done in a respectful, non-demanding way (which most of the posts mentioning the background have been... there have only been a couple rude ones).

There's no reason this should be getting so out of hand. The guy's made, and continues to make, a damn fine program and everyone's given him props for that, and if he made a way to donate I'm sure a bunch of us would. A simple feature request isn't something to go nuts over either way.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To the author, I love your program... Don't change the background.
How about letting the man decide what to do for himself?

That was what I was trying to get across, but my words did not reflect this properly. If he wants to change it, its his choice, but I'm sick of everyone telling him that he needs to and insulting him because of his choice in background or giving their sob stories as to why they can't use it. The suggestion has already been made, let's leave it at that. Stop with the pointless "change the background" posts and let the author decide.

make it play "Who Let the Dogs Out" when it finishes a task if he wants
I second this! Just make sure you get Baha Men's expressed written consent and not just their implied oral concent.
tongue.gif

~Beta

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is recursive scan and is it recommended to use that option when trimming? Thanks.

A recursive scan implies that the program will search sub directories in the folder which is specified. So say you have a folder called Roms and have separate folders inside the Roms folder say "Action" "Fighting" "Puzzle" etc then if recursive scanning is on then it will find all the roms in these folders. If it is not on then it will just search for roms inside the Roms folder and not include the sub folders in the search. This is the best way I can put it
biggrin.gif

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Wow, thanks for the support guys
biggrin.gif

Next build will definitely have rar support and a scrollbar, and it will still remain a single .exe without an installer or extra dlls to carry around.

Also...

Please be aware that I won't support any problems arised from my application if you have downloaded it from anywhere else than the original in my website, as it can have been modified in any way and even include viruses otherwise.

www.techsuki.net

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fully converted to using this trimmer exclusively. Great piece of software.
bow.gif

One little feature request....if you could make it where I could set the folder to read the untrimmed ROM's from, just like how I can set the trimmed ones to always write to. That way, I could click the .exe and it would automatically load the ROMs I have in my "untrimmed" folder. I have the folder buried kinda deep in the file system on a secondary drive, so it's a long trail to get to it.

Another way could be to have it immediately scan for ROM's in whatever folder the trimmer was accessed from....or a combination of options....like how you did with the writing of the trimmed ones.

Whether you use that idea or not is up to you, it won't effect my appreciation for, or constant use of, this great little app.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Ok. I will make it remember the input folder, but you will still have to click on the scan button.. just.. it will begin with the last used folder, if it still exists; otherwise back to root. (I think that's the best option and just 1 more click)

I have fully converted to using this trimmer exclusively. Great piece of software.Â
bow.gif

One little feature request....if you could make it where I could set the folder to read the untrimmed ROM's from, just like how I can set the trimmed ones to always write to. That way, I could click the .exe and it would automatically load the ROMs I have in my "untrimmed" folder. I have the folder buried kinda deep in the file system on a secondary drive, so it's a long trail to get to it.

Another way could be to have it immediately scan for ROM's in whatever folder the trimmer was accessed from....or a combination of options....like how you did with the writing of the trimmed ones.

Whether you use that idea or not is up to you, it won't effect my appreciation for, or constant use of, this great little app.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I will make it remember the input folder, but you will still have to click on the scan button.. just.. it will begin with the last used folder, if it still exists; otherwise back to root. (I think that's the best option and just 1 more click)

I have fully converted to using this trimmer exclusively. Great piece of software.Â
bow.gif

One little feature request....if you could make it where I could set the folder to read the untrimmed ROM's from, just like how I can set the trimmed ones to always write to. That way, I could click the .exe and it would automatically load the ROMs I have in my "untrimmed" folder. I have the folder buried kinda deep in the file system on a secondary drive, so it's a long trail to get to it.

Sounds good to me.
smile.gif

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Odd..

Sometimes this Program will say a ROM is a Wi-Fi game when it isn't

i trimmed Yoshi Touch & Go and it said it was a Wi-Fi game 0_o i also trimmed another game which i cant remember and it wasn't a Wi-Fi game but this trimmer said it was...lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Up to you.