Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think your Hex editor is wrong.

Yoshi: Touch and Go is not, and i repeat, not a Wi-Fi game.

It has no Online features.

Box art:

box-l.jpg

No Wi-Fi logo

All it has is Download play or/and Multi-cart

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Well by wifi I mean both wifi and download play. The rom DOES have the data after the rom image. 100% sure of it, and I really doubt my hex editor is wrong
tongue.gif

I opened the rom, checked the rom size, checked the offset limit, and after that there was the extra data, the extact right amount of bytes.

This is the signature

61 63 01 00 79 24 f9 34 a8 6c 6a 92 8d 64 81 e5 96 ff 03 9c 89 18 31 23 3c e5 cd 7c a0 94 84 96 f2 b7 7f 21 3f 82 94 1d b0 07 fe a9 92 c6 93 60 7d a7 7b ff 87 0a 15 8b 8d 99 7c 0e 80 5a 0c 7f 04 1a 5b 40 c6 1e 18 24 c4 8d ab 48 e3 e9 09 1a 8d 2b db 60 2b 80 90 8b b3 8f a2 3d fa e1 0c bc c5 70 ff 36 28 73 01 6d 15 60 e1 76 24 1b 30 54 eb 5a 40 3f a0 d0 89 46 a3 f1 11 46 f1 46 b5 11 f1 d3 cb 9a d8 b0 fd 01

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't get it, I just use "wifi" as a means to say it has the extra data for either wifi or download play / whatever.

Either? Wi-Fi is when you play someone online. Download Play is when it isn't online!

I think you should go over you knowledge of Online and Offline.

Anyway, i'm correct you are wrong. We won't go on anymore, if you would like to keep going do it over Private Messaging.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiFi simply means a wireless connection, it does not have to indicate online play, because that would be, well, online play.

Direct quote from the wifi article on wikipedia:
"Wi-Fi also allows connectivity in peer-to-peer (wireless ad-hoc network) mode, which enables devices to connect directly with each other. This connectivity mode is useful in consumer electronics and gaming applications."

Direct quote from the Gamespot review on Yoshi Touch & Go:
Game Information
Connectivity: Wi-Fi
Offline Modes: Competitive
Number of Players: 1-2

Direct quote from the Gamespot review on Mario Kart DS:
Game Information
Connectivity: Online, Game Sharing, Wi-Fi
Offline Modes: Competitive, Team Oriented
Online Modes: Competitive
Number of Players: 1-8
Number of Online Players: 4 Online

Kinda looks like Wi-Fi is different than online, doesn't it? Download Play does use wifi, unless they recently changed it to have little gnomes carrying data packets between DSs.

But seriously, stop arguing over terminology. Did you ever stop to think that dstrimmer might have a broader knowledge of wireless technology beyond what the DS has? I understand that the Nintendo WiFi Connection refers to a wireless connection to a router, which is then used for playing the various games on the internet, but the term WiFi is not a DS specific term, so if hes using it to refer to any wireless communication coming out of the DS, he's correct.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Thanks!

And geez, I will change "wifi" to whatever else then. I just used the term to indicate the game has the extra data that needs to be kept; And yes, I DO know what Wi-Fi is and I use and setup wifi stuff daily for customers.

And really, IF I say I checked the rom with an hex, believe me, I know what I'm doing and the hex editor is doing its job just fine.

here's the offset

and here's the extra data that needs to be kept

edit: removed the screenshots

The trimmer keeps that extra block and informs you; If you want to suggest a more appropiate term please do so, I'll gladly change it if it helps clear misunderstandings.

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you are wrong >_< it only has download play.

IT DOS NOT HAVE WIFI, NO LOGO ON THE BOX, I HAVE THE GAME SO I MUST BE RIGHT.

wow... If you don't like what this trimmer is doing, then DON'T USE IT. quit arguing with the creator. he can do whatever he wants to do with it.

Don't shout, I like what the trimmer is doing, it was just a bug that i noticed. i guess the maker does not want feedback/bug reports.

Like dstrimmer said it was a misunderstanding

and btw, dstrimmer don't show me Hex stuff i don't have a clue what it is all about.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I DO want bug reports, and for most emails I've received I have checked the problems and it's thanks to them that my trimmer does the job it does today. So let me clear it again:

By "wifi" in the trimmer label/log, I don't mean just that it's a wi-fi game or not, but that it has any of the multi player capabilities for playing either online or "offline" or however you want to call it, and it keeps the extra data that's needed for that, which some trimmers don't or don't do correctly and seems to be the feature most people appreciate in mine and other trimmers.

Now again, please, and respecting your opinions and posts, if you wanna propose another term please do so.

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dstrimmer, i think what retman is trying to say is that he doesn't like you using the term wifi to indicate that a game has download play (i'm not to sure if yoshi's has download play or not). He believes that wifi means that the game is playable online. He believes this since the WiFi logo is only on games which are playable or do something online (hence the picture of the case he presented as his proof). Your term WiFi indicates that the game has the extra data that needs to be kept which is used for download play or online play (presumably). Its just a misunderstanding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D