Hacking NDSi XL & AK2i help

Kishire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I have a NDL but I'm thinking about getting a NDSi XL soon, however, I've been reading around and it seem that you gotta do something in order to make the AK2i to work on the NDSi XL.
At this point I am kind of confuse, I'm not very good at this stuff so I would appreciated it if someone could provide a clearer, simpler explaination.
Well first I am gonna buy my AK2i flashcard at realhotstuff. On the site, it states, "Pre-updated to 1.4 compatible / *Updated - Compatible with DSi Firmware 1.4"
Just exactly what does this mean?...

So when I get my NDSi XL, will it work if I simply format the AK2i, download the latest AKAIO and place the main files into the root of the card, then just plug in the microSD card & play? If not...then could someone provide a simple step-by-step process of what to do? Thanks.

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'"On the site, it states, "Pre-updated to 1.4 compatible / *Updated - Compatible with DSi Firmware 1.4,"' means that you are good to go and it will work right away when you get it. All you have to do is the usual format and then install AKAIO on it and you will be good to go as you mentioned. If it is not pre-updated then follow the guide in the above post.

Kishire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay the guide that luigirez1 posted actually kinda threw me off. Because the guide say I need to update my Acekard2i through a NDL or NDPhat...even if it is Pre-updated to 1.4?

Though I do hope it is as simple as nycsam786 says >_<

Also, about formatting, what should be the default settings?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kishire said:
Okay the guide that luigirez1 posted actually kinda threw me off. Because the guide say I need to update my Acekard2i through a NDL or NDPhat...even if it is Pre-updated to 1.4?

Though I do hope it is as simple as nycsam786 says >_<

It's very clear in the guide

QUOTEif you don't have access to a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare =< 1.3 you *must* purchase your AK2i from a retailer such as 0ShippingZone or LeetMod who will update the cart to 1.4 before shipping.

If it's already updated, you're obviously aren't going to need to update it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luigirez1 said:
Kishire said:

If you use windows to format it, you should use fat 32.
No that's wrong. Again I made it clear in the guide, you use the Panasonic SD formatter. You do not choose File System or Block Size, the Panasonic SD Formatter will choose these based on the SD Associations Standards.

Kishire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay one more question guys,
So rite now I have a NDSL with a Acekard2.1, and I use a Transcend 8GB micro sdhc memory card (which has been formatted & use AKAIO firmware latest version).
So correct me if im wrong, but when I get my NDSi XL + Acekard2i, all I really need to do is transfer the micro sd card into the Acekard2i right? (no need to re-formatt or anything?)

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kishire said:
Okay one more question guys,
So rite now I have a NDSL with a Acekard2.1, and I use a Transcend 8GB micro sdhc memory card (which has been formatted & use AKAIO firmware latest version).
So correct me if im wrong, but when I get my NDSi XL + Acekard2i, all I really need to do is transfer the micro sd card into the Acekard2i right? (no need to re-formatt or anything?)
If you arent sure if its updated, just do it, you ca update it several times without a brick. And even if you dont have your DSiXL yet you canstill update.

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are worrying too much, I am sure it will work. If it does not work we will be sure to help you in every way we can. Just relax and breathe
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1