Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guru Meditation Error! data abort! when after it says creating save file done. would i need to format my sd card to 32kclust?
I really hope people could start learning to look a bit for answers themselves... The error was mentioned in the previous 2 pages and the fix for it is also there...
Did you set "Automatically set ROM path", and dragged the .nds files from the SD card (not the PC itself), to the Forwarder3-DS window? If so, what OS are you using on your PC?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh OS windows 10
I know, I was just quoting Rob's post and was too lazy to edit it out, take a hint:P Anyway, if the fix worked, then it's all good. If it didn't, I don't think I can help you with it, but cluster size no longer matters.

Wheelkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so i fixed my problem with forwarder3DS and now it opens and works perfectly! (i uninstalled and reinstalled java until it worked) but now when i install the cia nothing shows on the menu. i have no dsiware so i know i didn't go over the limit.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i fixed my problem with forwarder3DS and now it opens and works perfectly! (i uninstalled and reinstalled java until it worked) but now when i install the cia nothing shows on the menu. i have no dsiware so i know i didn't go over the limit.
Reboot your 3DS.
If that doesn't fix the issue, then it's somehow not installed.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do you have BOTH the ROM and the .nds file created by the forwarder app in the same directory? Otherwise just reboot the 3DS as Rob said.

Reboot your 3DS.
If that doesn't fix the issue, then it's somehow not installed.
About the rebooting thing, it happens VERY often for me. Lately especially, it always takes forever without reboot for the installed games to show up, not forwarder-related issue exactly, but know what could be causing it? Without reboot I could end up waiting like 5 minutes for it to show up normally.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
wierdly enough the forwarder showed up after going in and out the settings menu everything works now!
That happens sometimes. While you have something installed, the Home Menu will just be stupid and won't show you the newly installed title for some time or until you reload the menu, so things like reboot (or just to the "are you sure you want to turn the system off instead of sleep mode" screen and back to menu) or loading a game/options/Friend List/etc. and so on reload the menu fixing the issue. Quite annoying really...

Derpy Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, I recently discovered this method to download and play ds games from my sd card, already GodMode, Boot9Strap and Luma.
I've followed every step. Added and replaced the _nds folder data. I got the .cia with the autopath option turned on and the .nds file in the same folder, installed it via FBI, but I keep getting the "Guru Meditation Error!" message in the touchscreen. I know this has been answered before but I feel i could get a little more help (please!) to make the game work (It's mario kart ds if that helps somehow).
Do I have to delete some save file or add anything? Is the java version I have not making a correct .cia file or something like that? Are the .nds required or allowed to be in another path rather than roms/nds?
Please help, I'd really like me sum ol' Mario Kart.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, I recently discovered this method to download and play ds games from my sd card, already GodMode, Boot9Strap and Luma.
I've followed every step. Added and replaced the _nds folder data. I got the .cia with the autopath option turned on and the .nds file in the same folder, installed it via FBI, but I keep getting the "Guru Meditation Error!" message in the touchscreen. I know this has been answered before but I feel i could get a little more help (please!) to make the game work (It's mario kart ds if that helps somehow).
Do I have to delete some save file or add anything? Is the java version I have not making a correct .cia file or something like that? Are the .nds required or allowed to be in another path rather than roms/nds?
Please help, I'd really like me sum ol' Mario Kart.
What OS are you using on your PC?

Sunday_Samurai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
"If you're playing a hack/translation of a DSi-Enhanced game that has it's banner/title edited, find the banner for the game above, right click on the game in Forwarder3-DS, click "Import banner", and click on the banner to use."
I'm trying to install Pokémon Blaze Black 2, a Pokémon hack, but the banner shows corrupted (but still animated) both in DSMenu++ and in Forwarder3-DS and I don't know where to find the original banner in order to import it. Please advice me :) When installed, it shows as no image in the box and without any text in my 3DS Home Screen. Other Pokémon hacks work perfectly included Pokémon Blaze Black ("1"), which also has an animated banner. When I went to uninstall it in FBI it does actually have a title/banner image.
Can't post images yet.
Also, I can't find the titles in FBI in order to uninstall them. What's up with that?

Last edited by Sunday_Samurai,

Derpy Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm being a bother here, but I'm still having trouble.
So I finally used the autopath correctly but when the game is loading it ends up with this "Error!" screen.
09RKsKD.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!