Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

zeebo30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I'm trying to do this, but a few of the generated cia's just give blank banners. I know the faq says check step 5 but I did, I generated the randomised TID. I've tried serveral times and it's not working. It's only for 6 of my games and they work when I launch them from the flashcard directly.

I have the r4i gold rts card and the games are Proffessor Layton and the curious village and the diabolical box, Bowser's inside story, Mystery dungeon explorers of sky, spirit tracks and phantom hourglass

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I'm trying to do this, but a few of the generated cia's just give blank banners. I know the faq says check step 5 but I did, I generated the randomised TID. I've tried serveral times and it's not working. It's only for 6 of my games and they work when I launch them from the flashcard directly.

I have the r4i gold rts card and the games are Proffessor Layton and the curious village and the diabolical box, Bowser's inside story, Mystery dungeon explorers of sky, spirit tracks and phantom hourglass
Try shortening the .nds filenames.

zeebo30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try shortening the .nds filenames.

I'll go ahead and try it i guess it just seems strange that some games with longer names worked

Edit: Welp that worked. How strange though. Blue rescue team had a longer name than some of those and it worked. Weird.

Last edited by zeebo30,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new update for the "3DS SD Card" pack is now available in the OP!
Check the FAQs on how to update the template for Forwarder3-DS.
  • If Reset Slot-1 is on, it'll no longer tell you to insert a cartridge.
  • The CPU speed value from nds-bootstrap.ini is now used.

DuelUtility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anytime I try to launch one of the forwarders the ds boot shows, but then it just whitescrens. I'm using an R4i-SDHC RTS and ysmenu runs fine itself. Help?

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please help me figure this out? I'm having trouble running this on my R4iTT. After deleting everything on the cart and installing the provided pack and the 3DS NTR folder, a "FAT init failed!" error occurs when the cart is launched. RetroGameFan's YSMenu and the kernel on www.r4itt.net both work. Not sure what's going on. Using latest Luma cfw and Forwarder-3ds, but the cart menu itself is not working so I don't think that's the problem. is there a way to make this work with RetroGameFan's YSMenu instead?

image3.jpg

Last edited by chrisfand,

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 So far I have yet to see the debug text when using the Forwarders I enabled it in TWLauncher like you said to and I see it when I launch a game from there but the game never launcher and I never see the debug text. Also, I enabled the splash on the nds-bootstrap and it shows the splash twice on the TWLauncher and never shows it a second time on the Forwarder this tells me it's probably never getting that far with the Bootstrap. I tried in the Forwarder creator to manually set the path as well as using the automatic setting but neither seemed to work. I know the nds-bootstrap isn't officially out yet but hopefully get things ready with the Forwarder so it works when it is fully released. Anyways, thanks for your help.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 So far I have yet to see the debug text when using the Forwarders I enabled it in TWLauncher like you said to and I see it when I launch a game from there but the game never launcher and I never see the debug text. Also, I enabled the splash on the nds-bootstrap and it shows the splash twice on the TWLauncher and never shows it a second time on the Forwarder this tells me it's probably never getting that far with the Bootstrap. I tried in the Forwarder creator to manually set the path as well as using the automatic setting but neither seemed to work. I know the nds-bootstrap isn't officially out yet but hopefully get things ready with the Forwarder so it works when it is fully released. Anyways, thanks for your help.
I'll try creating a forwarder, and see if it's not just you having the problem.

EDIT: Try updating the templates. It's working just fine for me. Sounds like bootstrap isn't loading in your forwarders.
EDIT2: Is the bootstrap .ini path in "sd:/nds/ntr_forwarder.ini"?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo