@Robz8 and @shutterbug2000 have just put out an impressive new release of nds-bootstrap. Titled the D(i)rectors' Cut, it adds DSi Mode support to the homebrew project, letting you run both DSi-exclusive games and DSiWare titles seamlessly through your Nintendo 3DS. The update supports all five of the DSi exclusive games that released during the system's lifespan, and it works with many DSiWare games, though currently, some aren't compatible due to the fact that the save function for DSiWare games doesn't work yet. TWiLight Menu++ has also been updated to v20.0.0, (update: a further bugfix now brings it to 20.0.1!) adding the Directors' Cut, as well as some nice optimizations. Both updates are available on their respective GitHub pages, linked below, along with their official GBAtemp discussion threads.
nds-bootstrap discussion thread
TWiLight Menu++ update
TWiLight Menu++ discussion thread
- You asked, we listened, and now the wait is over, and the day has finally come!
After years of playing DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Enhanced games in DS mode, whether it be on a flashcard or the console's SD card, DS⁽ⁱ⁾ mode has finally been added (with some help from @shutterbug2000)!
- With DS⁽ⁱ⁾ mode, you can play DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Enhanced games with features only usable on DS⁽ⁱ⁾ or 3DS consoles, such as faster speed, camera, and/or using WPA1/2 networks to connect to the internet.
- As a result, you can play all 5 of the physical DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Exclusive games as ROMs, which are
- System Flaw
- Foto Showdown
- Picture Perfect Hair Salon
- and the rest (which are exclusive to Europe)
- Also as a result, you can play some DS⁽ⁱ⁾Ware titles, such as
- Earthworm Jim
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: Anniversary Edition
- and more!
- NOTE: Due to most of the memory being used by the game, the in-game menu is disabled, and attempting to open it will cause the game to close.
- Game region can be set for DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Exclusive and DS⁽ⁱ⁾Ware titles.
- NOTE: Not all games are multi-regional, so the feature won't work for some of them.