Hacking Gaming Hardware Oldies Others nds-bootstrap now supports Flipnote Studio on Nintendo DS and DS Lite consoles

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
news.jpg

The folks over at the DSi homebrew scene have made a big release to nds-bootstrap, a compatibility layer for the DS application launcher, TWiLight Menu++. Adding support for the most requested DSiWare application, that being Flipnote Studio, to support the DS phat and DS lite line of consoles from the DS family. Currently as of release, it has yet to support B4DS mode due to the currently memory limitations, and therefore is in a work-in-progress state (more info found in release log).

If you grew up in the 2000's, then you'll be sure aware of what Flipnote Studio is and would've had fond memories using it. The Flipnote Studio application gained popularity among many talented artists and hobbyists from across the globe who created animations based on pop culture, until the year 2013 when the Hatena service shut down, losing all of the hard work that people had gotten to know about. But all was not lost, as it got revived back in 2014 with the release of Sudofox's Sudomemo to revive the now-defunct Hatena service used to distribute flipnotes.

TWiLight Menu++ GitHub
nds-bootstrap GitHub

Last edited by SylverReZ,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now this based
Agreed! This is amazing news for me, as I fondly remember using Flipnote Studio back in the day to create silly animations on the now-active Sudomemo service. Surprising how they're still going. :D

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Agreed! This is amazing news for me, as I fondly remember using Flipnote Studio back in the day to create silly animations on the now-active Sudomemo service. Surprising how they're still going. :D
I actually never used it because I didn’t own a DSi, so kind of interested in seeing where this goes from here

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. Does this mean that TwilightMenu++ now works on the DSLIte, giving us the ability to play GBA roms on a DSLite using TwilightMenu++?

Reactions: SylverReZ

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool, I've been using sudomemo on a dsi LL for awhile and it's really fun to check in on every now and then.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?