nds-bootstrap adds DSi mode support, TWiLight Menu++ updated to include it

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f424649753778582e706e67.png

@Robz8 and @shutterbug2000 have just put out an impressive new release of nds-bootstrap. Titled the D(i)rectors' Cut, it adds DSi Mode support to the homebrew project, letting you run both DSi-exclusive games and DSiWare titles seamlessly through your Nintendo 3DS. The update supports all five of the DSi exclusive games that released during the system's lifespan, and it works with many DSiWare games, though currently, some aren't compatible due to the fact that the save function for DSiWare games doesn't work yet. TWiLight Menu++ has also been updated to v20.0.0, (update: a further bugfix now brings it to 20.0.1!) adding the Directors' Cut, as well as some nice optimizations. Both updates are available on their respective GitHub pages, linked below, along with their official GBAtemp discussion threads.

:download: nds-bootstrap update
:discuss: nds-bootstrap discussion thread

:download: TWiLight Menu++ update
:discuss: TWiLight Menu++ discussion thread

What's new?

• You asked, we listened, and now the wait is over, and the day has finally come!
    After years of playing DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Enhanced games in DS mode, whether it be on a flashcard or the console's SD card, DS⁽ⁱ⁾ mode has finally been added (with some help from @shutterbug2000)!
    • With DS⁽ⁱ⁾ mode, you can play DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Enhanced games with features only usable on DS⁽ⁱ⁾ or 3DS consoles, such as faster speed, camera, and/or using WPA1/2 networks to connect to the internet.
    • As a result, you can play all 5 of the physical DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Exclusive games as ROMs, which are
      • System Flaw
      • Foto Showdown
      • Picture Perfect Hair Salon
      • and the rest (which are exclusive to Europe)
    • Also as a result, you can play some DS⁽ⁱ⁾Ware titles, such as
      • Earthworm Jim
      • Shantae: Risky's Revenge
      • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: Anniversary Edition
      • X-Scape
      • and more!
    • NOTE: Due to most of the memory being used by the game, the in-game menu is disabled, and attempting to open it will cause the game to close.
  • Game region can be set for DS⁽ⁱ⁾-Exclusive and DS⁽ⁱ⁾Ware titles.
    • NOTE: Not all games are multi-regional, so the feature won't work for some of them.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's thanks to this homebrew app my SD card is finally almost out of space! Well, this and a few 3DS games I downloaded onto my system. I used to have an incredible amount of space until I discovered the joys of downloading games onto my handheld lol

Reactions: banjo2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated. I didn't know that twilight menu++ updater having been discontinued, so I deleted it and deleted its ticket. I then using a qr code of universal updater via fbi, installed that, installed twilight menu++, and here I am:

20210421_082027.jpg

I just tested dragon quest ix with save and no issues. universal updater was about as fast as twilight menu++ updater, so it took maybe 3 minutes to download and install. does universal updater download the new nds bootstrap as well? I think that's included with twilight menu++, right?

Reactions: banjo2

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean Pokémon White and Black's WPA function works without issue now?
As far as I know, yes
I just updated. I didn't know that twilight menu++ updater having been discontinued, so I deleted it and deleted its ticket. I then using a qr code of universal updater via fbi, installed that, installed twilight menu++, and here I am:

View attachment 259444

I just tested dragon quest ix with save and no issues. universal updater was about as fast as twilight menu++ updater, so it took maybe 3 minutes to download and install. does universal updater download the new nds bootstrap as well? I think that's included with twilight menu++, right?
Your top screen says 0.39.0 which is the latest release, so yeah

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your top screen says 0.39.0 which is the latest release, so yeah

I actually downloaded that with twilight menu++ updater before using universal updater and before updating twilight menu++. after that, I updated twilight menu++ updater to 4.5.0, which is when I found it had been discontinued.

PixelateVision

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new DSi-mode support not work for Pokemon Black 2/White 2 yet? It will boot up to the point of the game's main menu, but when you load a save it goes to a blank black screen and you have to force quit via the quickmenu shortcut.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does the new DSi-mode support not work for Pokemon Black 2/White 2 yet? It will boot up to the point of the game's main menu, but when you load a save it goes to a blank black screen and you have to force quit via the quickmenu shortcut.

Please READ the first post, it specifically says saving is not yet supported for DSi games.

currently, some aren't compatible due to the fact that the save function for DSiWare games doesn't work yet.

Last edited by raxadian,

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, that's really nice. Being able to play DSiWare on 3DS without having to install it as a CIA is awesome.

I'm looking forward to DSiWare saving support in the future. It'll help a lot, for romhacking purposes in games such as Shantae or Zelda Four Swords.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This greats news,now i can play foto showdown without paying high price for original copy and yes on Amazon site the cartridge costs 160 dollars.

Note:I tested right now and can certify its working with all the cameras and saves.That game use the camera from our nintendo 3ds&dsi to capture monster and fight them like pokemon style.

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded my ds with the new twilight menu++ (now making a backup of the card). I tested a ds game with save and a gameboy game (no issues). I've been using twilight menu++ on my ds for a long time now, just haven't upgraded in a while. I've also got all the box art minus a few homebrew apps. I'm using a ds two btw. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool