Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations on pointing out the obvious.

I hope that gets you somewhere.
If you managed to notice, it also got dropped from the localization list.
As I translate this game, I can see why. It doesn't really look as if Square Enix put that much dedication into it.

On-topic, we only have three spreadsheets, the event_txt and some graphics to go.
English version.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:

As I translate this game, I can see why. It doesn't really look as if Square Enix put that much dedication into it.

On-topic, we only have three spreadsheets, the event_txt and some graphics to go.
English version.

Omg, that is awesome news
happy.gif

And to be fair I think another reason they dropped it was probably because they're focusing much less on DS, and on other consoles instead... And translating a game that not a lot of people have heard of probably wasn't financially viable, etc etc...

Again, I'm glad someone is actually working on it tho ;]

Vamn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:

English version.

Yay. Looking forward to playing it in English.
Though, I did have playing it in Polish as a back-up plan.
biggrin.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
Omg, that is awesome news
happy.gif

And to be fair I think another reason they dropped it was probably because they're focusing much less on DS, and on other consoles instead... And translating a game that not a lot of people have heard of probably wasn't financially viable, etc etc...

Again, I'm glad someone is actually working on it tho ;]

Well, TMGS2 is pretty much just inserting two skinships and then starting testing. I believe testing will start tomorrow for that.
However, because there's nothing else to translate for TMGS2, I'm 90% dedicated to Blood of Bahamut now.
As well as Noitora, Inori and Valiarchon. I'm going to find the graphics tonight after I'm done with the items.

Indeed. Well, I don't think they were financially viable. As I said, the game has some... very odd items. Including the body part items X_X

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZANZAROTH said:
Body part items... sounds pretty cool ... Great to hear its progressing at a decent pace! I've been waiting patiently for this and wanted to show my love to you guys a bit!

But... some of these body part items are powder and stuff... Like one says, "It has a sweet taste" and my face was all O____O "WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH?!"

There's almost 2000 items in the game, so that's taking up most of our time, cause we have to put the descriptions, too. We've done plenty of them, though.
As I said elsewhere, we have 9 out of 13 sheets on the spreadsheet done.

XIIIth Hour

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to hear this project no longer needs life-support. I've always been oddly curious about this title. Thanks guys.

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
phoenixgoddess27 said:
But... some of these body part items are powder and stuff... Like one says, "It has a sweet taste" and my face was all O____O "WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH?!"

There's almost 2000 items in the game, so that's taking up most of our time, cause we have to put the descriptions, too. We've done plenty of them, though.

Okay now I'm definitely going to seek those items out! This game just got epic status with me... eating powdered bodyparts... lmmfao!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZANZAROTH said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:

Okay now I'm definitely going to seek those items out! This game just got epic status with me... eating powdered bodyparts... lmmfao!

"Sword Beast's Chest
This fine powder steals the souls of those who inhale it."

Oh God, whhhhy!!? Why inhale body parts!?
ohnoes.png

Actually, we need someone to help GeekyGuy proofread the spreadsheet for us once it's done.
However, it has to be someone with very good English and grammar.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Unfortunately, near-native isn't really good enough, as we are not only all native, but also quite proficient. If you're confident you are capable though, I have a test that I'd like any and all editors of the projects I am involved with to complete. It's only small, requiring a few minutes at most.

Incidentally, I'm currently out of action as my primary computer (which is also a laptop) is currently having rather horrible issues. In the meantime, I'm using my netbook, but it doesn't work so well for translation purposes with the small screen size and resolution.

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I'd like to take the test... I feel I am quite capable in my writing skills and my grammar. If needed I have about half a dozen books on grammar to back me up as well as my focus of study is not the culture but the language. Also, it would be good practice as I intend to become a literary translator after I finish college.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valiarchon said:
Unfortunately, near-native isn't really good enough, as we are not only all native, but also quite proficient. If you're confident you are capable though, I have a test that I'd like any and all editors of the projects I am involved with to complete. It's only small, requiring a few minutes at most.

Incidentally, I'm currently out of action as my primary computer (which is also a laptop) is currently having rather horrible issues. In the meantime, I'm using my netbook, but it doesn't work so well for translation purposes with the small screen size and resolution.

Then Inori, Goli and I will work on it. I'll be done with the items in a day or two, then that'll get the hard part of translating out of the way.
Send Zanzaroth that test. Keep in mind, this game has a lot of items from Final Fantasy, so you'd probably need to have some FF knowledge, too.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Valiarchon said:

Then Inori, Goli and I will work on it. I'll be done with the items in a day or two, then that'll get the hard part of translating out of the way.
Send Zanzaroth that test. Keep in mind, this game has a lot of items from Final Fantasy, so you'd probably need to have some FF knowledge, too.

That made me wanna play the game even more!!

But since I haven't watched some pages... This is an english translation right? Because I saw some spanish (sorry if I made a mistake here) translation images :/

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
There are currently three projects for this game as far as I know - English, Spanish and Polish.

As soon as my primary laptop is fixed, I'll get the test across to you Zanzaroth. Perhaps you'd like to add me on msn too? It makes communication a fair bit easier I've found.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
That made me wanna play the game even more!!

But since I haven't watched some pages... This is an english translation right? Because I saw some spanish (sorry if I made a mistake here) translation images :/

Ah, it's for English.
Shiva's in this game, too!
happy.gif

As well as Ifrit and Bahamut(obviously).

The majority of the items are done. Now I just have to go back and fill in the blanks.

2/21/2011 EDIT: We'll need to find a hacker for the event_txt before we can do anything. We have the majority outside of the event_txt done, though.
If a programmer can make us something for the event_txt, we can continue translating.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noname9889 said:
dragonkid6 said:
what happened to this project?
"There's no such thing as a stupid question, until you ask it"

That logic applies here. Seriously, is it that hard to read the post above you?

no need to be a douche, the update was 2 weeks ago.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
dragonkid6 said:
noname9889 said:
dragonkid6 said:
what happened to this project?
"There's no such thing as a stupid question, until you ask it"

That logic applies here. Seriously, is it that hard to read the post above you?

no need to be a douche, the update was 2 weeks ago.

Since when is 2 weeks a decent length of time for a translation project done CASUALLY to have an update? Until a dedicated hacker/programmer steps up, don't expect any news from this. There's no motivation to even try and work on it without knowing it's possible for us to make a complete patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D