OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.trd.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everybody. I've just dumped all of BoB scripts (japanese), and I need another translator, since I'm not gonna have that much time to translate it all...

If anyone is interested, please post here.

Later I'll put some images from the translation, so everyone can check it.

Sorry for the quick post, but I'm on work now, so...
smile.gif

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
em whats the point in making a tranlslation to this game?? i t was released 4 days a ago it took 1 month for sega to anounce that thay will release PS0 in US and EU , cant you just wait a little longer ?

oh BTW i forgot to mention that square enix registered a trademark in US for this game a while ago .

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good idea, cause it could take ages for this wonderful game to arrive in US/EU. But you should translate some stuff yourself (let's say the menu options).

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood of Bahamut is actually an easy game to translate. All of the script is easily accessible from CrystalTile2 and from what I can tell the game has no custom file formats or compressions.

The only reason why my translation group, Crimson Nocturnal, did not decide to do this (Donelwero and I actually discussed it) is because the chance of it coming to America is pretty good.

However, Donelwero did make a quick menu patch for the game. I'm not going to link it here, because I don't want to seem like I am hijacking this thread. You can find a download link at the CN forums, though.

Anyways, if you want to do it, then the best of luck to you. But, you'll find that most people will not be willing to work on it until they know for sure that there will not be an official localization.

ikariiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in helping the translation come along. I'm a 5th year Japanese language student, so I can probably help a bit. PM me with more info.

Side note: Why does everyone hate on translation efforts? Even if it's *PROBABLY* getting localized doesn't mean it is. It's less helpful for you to make comments against it.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ikariiiii said:
I'm interested in helping the translation come along. I'm a 5th year Japanese language student, so I can probably help a bit. PM me with more info.

Side note: Why does everyone hate on translation efforts? Even if it's *PROBABLY* getting localized doesn't mean it is. It's less helpful for you to make comments against it.

Because it is pointless to translate a game that will most likely be localized. If you are willing to waste your time working on a game that by next year will make all your work pointless, then go ahead.

And well, if you don't want comments, both good and bad then this kind of thing shouldn't be posted on a forum.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
great can't wait for this open translation to begin
rolleyes.gif

also why do some people
think they confirmed a english release when they don't know for themselves but they only expect something ?
its same as a gamble
mad.gif

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
ikariiiii said:

Because it is pointless to translate a game that will most likely be localized. If you are willing to waste your time working on a game that by next year will make all your work pointless, then go ahead.

And well, if you don't want comments, both good and bad then this kind of thing shouldn't be posted on a forum.

Uh, lots of games get re-translated even if they are in english. You should just be quiet and let the people do their thing. Vamoose. Scram.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ikariiiii said:

we don't hate translation effort at least i don't but this game will most likely go to the us though either end of the year or some year later so yeah the game could actually come out before the trans finish

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demitrius said:
Uh, lots of games get re-translated even if they are in english. You should just be quiet and let the people do their thing. Vamoose. Scram.
It's competing with official translations and could be viewed as a threat to sales. Why provoke animosity from the very companies who bring you the games you're so eager to play?

It's one thing when you're tweaking the translation on an old game or bringing one over that a western audience would otherwise never get to see, but these are zero-day projects for games that have a very good chance of being localized. It's a waste of effort and it paints the community in a negative light. Your time is better spent on gems that have been overlooked by official publishers.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
as ever DarthNemesis is right also dunno if you ppl are blind but i wrote that S-E registered a trademark for this game in the US , so the chances that it will be released in the US are 99,9%

also i never saw a fan translation being done i less than a year so it still better to wait than loose your time , so if you want something to translate than go here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111411 , there are dozens of games worth translating without wasting your time

ikariiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It's competing with official translations and could be viewed as a threat to sales. Why provoke animosity from the very companies who bring you the games you're so eager to play?

Welcome to GBATemp.net. I don't know if you've noticed, but I can guarantee you that 95% of users here are "threats" to companies.

QUOTEthese are zero-day projects for games that have a very good chance of being localized.

Take your baseless probabilities elsewhere. Know what other game had a good chance of being localized? Soma Bringer. US Release date is when? Why didn't people just sit around and wait?

You can call our efforts whatever you want, but in the end I know that I'm doing something that I want for myself I'm sure countless others wouldn't mind putting their hands on. Go put your energy into something positive, I'm sure you can think of something other than attempting to reply.

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
demitrius said:

It's one thing when you're tweaking the translation on an old game or bringing one over that a western audience would otherwise never get to see, but these are zero-day projects for games that have a very good chance of being localized. It's a waste of effort and it paints the community in a negative light. Your time is better spent on gems that have been overlooked by official publishers.

I'm quite aware of this and I still stand that you should let them do what they want. As far as "this" community is concerned, it probably won't even go farther than a simple menu patch like KH 365 and DQ IX. This entire board itself is a threat to sales. BUY MOAR FLASHCARTS

ikariiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The game is coming to North America. Square-Enix did it, whatever you like it or not, that means it has 100% chance of coming over.

I almost spat out my drink reading this.

Sigma Harmonics, Front Mission 2089, and the Chocobo Tale game series came to mind right away. Can you take your baseless "facts" elsewhere now? And like the poster above me said, it probably won't go further than Menus and Items, so back off already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.